Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty

Jkcs

No point pin pointing who is right or wrong. 

Issue here is who is willing to come and reconstruct the ceiling. It's a small job not many wants to do. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

No point pin pointing who is right or wrong. 

Issue here is who is willing to come and reconstruct the ceiling. It's a small job not many wants to do. 

2 options --> 

1. cut ceiling in 2 rooms. small job, kena ketok lor

2. Explore the possibility of changing FCU But beh song ... 

GC is BIG business, and they sub out many of their jobs. They already paid liao, surely unwilling to rectify from their pocket. 

On 7/4/2020 at 11:20 PM, Lala81 said:

To be honest, no doubt the installer who came to survey the first time before the installation is a cockster. And the 2nd visit where they actually install. If I remember correctly, I paid extra for the extra visit?

But given the limited space for the false ceiling cutout, u also need to do the due diligence to ask the right questions when purchasing from GC... 

Eh... so what are the right questions to ask ?   

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Othello said:

2 options --> 

GC is BIG business, and they sub out many of their jobs. They already paid liao, surely unwilling to rectify from their pocket. 

how to change FCU. Starmex standard FCU is that size.
Daikin has a smaller FCU. But your compressor don't match mah.

Hypersonic
36 minutes ago, Kklee said:

Eh... so what are the right questions to ask ?   

Need to ask space so tight whether can fit lor. Measurements of FCU, width of space, showroom show the FCU one mah. 

Assumption is the mother of all F ups no?

Just treat things as a learning point lor. Home reno issues, everyone face before right. 
Things don't fit. Things don't work the way they are supposed. 

• Praise 6

4 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Need to ask space so tight whether can fit lor. Measurements of FCU, width of space, showroom show the FCU one mah. 

Assumption is the mother of all F ups no?

Just treat things as a learning point lor. Home reno issues, everyone face before right. 
Things don't fit. Things don't work the way they are supposed. 

Eh... I think i must study a bit more. 
Also,  if change new aircon, pay a bit more for chemical cleaning after 6 months.   🙄

1 hour ago, Othello said:

2 options --> 

If i am GC management i will surely rectify for the owner. 1 good service go a long way.

I am a service provider and sell stuff to customer also.

When we sell a service and a product. We need make sure it fit and suit the customer and it work for them.

If  the customer ask for somestuff that dun suit them. I advice against it even if it bring down my sales volume. 

I take it as the service provider responsibility to look our for issue that might happen and recitfy b4 signing on the line

If customer ask for something that cannot work and insist on it . Thats another issue.

Installing ac system is not just going to supermarket pick a product off the shell pay and f.off.

Its more then that.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
26 minutes ago, Genes said:

Small side note. Never service till it leaks 2 years into usage ah? 😓

Thought its 2 months. 

Thank you for all your replies and your opinions. There's no point in arguing who's right and who's wrong. While I had grouses with their after-sales service some of you may like their services. The plus point is that you know what to look out for when you install your aircon and don't end up in my situation. 

Let's close this thread for now. Thank you. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

As a small time service provider, sales, installation, one-man team, I often have to be very careful of what is involved, what can possibly go wrong, what resources is needed to fix something that may go wrong.

And finally to reject sales, if I know it's going to cost me more than what I can profit.

A lost sale is better than me paying for it, which becomes a negative sale.

People who bargain for the sake of bargaining is really wasting my time, when they do not know how much my cost is.

If you have a business, do you want to do a losing business ?

As for GC or any major stores selling such appliances and installation, they have cost to cover as well.

Losses must be kept to a minimum or stipulated with T&C.

If they are interested to make a profit, I'm sure they know what to do.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, LTSL said:

Thank you for all your replies and your opinions. There's no point in arguing who's right and who's wrong. While I had grouses with their after-sales service some of you may like their services. The plus point is that you know what to look out for when you install your aircon and don't end up in my situation. 

Let's close this thread for now. Thank you. 

Care to share how u resolved the situation, moving forward? Did u do something to the false ceiling so that space is created to access the blower n filter for cleaning?

Cos its definitely one item that will require proper or routine maintenance to ensure it continues to work.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 1

Another option is to do the fasle ceiling modification yourself. Seems easy to do. Anyway if fail, just engage contractor to continue the work as need to cut away the ceiling anyway.

Just bought a small bottle of wall filler for few bucks and been filling up cracks in the walls at home. Quite fun.

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Care to share how u resolved the situation, moving forward? Did u do something to the false ceiling so that space is created to access the blower n filter for cleaning?

Cos its definitely one item that will require proper or routine maintenance to ensure it continues to work.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

Sure. 

GC refused to admit liability and insisted that I have to pay for the cutting of the false ceiling. They "went to the extent of giving me a good price by charging me $150 for cutting each ceiling - total of $600 for 4 rooms".

I just ignored them coz I found someone who could do it at $100 per ceiling and vowed not to buy anything from them ever again. It's their attitude, their shrieking of responsibility that puts me off. Basically they said since their installer was no longer with them, they couldn't trace what transpired then. Best thing is, the supervisor who came to see the aircon said if his installer had warned me in advance it would be stated in the work order. I then took out my copy to show that there was no remarks. I asked him if his installer were to warn me in advance, did he think I would still proceed. After a very lengthy conversation with them, I gave up. 

You take care and be safe too. 

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Another option is to do the fasle ceiling modification yourself. Seems easy to do. Anyway if fail, just engage contractor to continue the work as need to cut away the ceiling anyway.

Just bought a small bottle of wall filler for few bucks and been filling up cracks in the walls at home. Quite fun.

Haha I thought its easy too but trust me, it's not! There were a lot of metal bars as reinforcement in the ceiling and you need an electric cutter to cut those metal bars. 

16 minutes ago, LTSL said:

Haha I thought its easy too but trust me, it's not! There were a lot of metal bars as reinforcement in the ceiling and you need an electric cutter to cut those metal bars. 

So you have gone up to check the ceiling structure to verify that the portion you need to cut is full of the metal bars? If true, then better let the professionals do it. Not that expensive anyway if only for 2 fan coils you posted. I would have proceeded to cut it open to try if I were you. Fail then get contractor to finish the job.

11 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

So you have gone up to check the ceiling structure to verify that the portion you need to cut is full of the metal bars? If true, then better let the professionals do it. Not that expensive anyway if only for 2 fan coils you posted. I would have proceeded to cut it open to try if I were you. Fail then get contractor to finish the job.

Haha yup a professional was engaged to do 4 rooms for me at $400. That's when I saw lots of metal cutting. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Beregond said:

If i am GC management i will surely rectify for the owner. 1 good service go a long way.

I am a service provider and sell stuff to customer also.

When we sell a service and a product. We need make sure it fit and suit the customer and it work for them.

If  the customer ask for somestuff that dun suit them. I advice against it even if it bring down my sales volume. 

I take it as the service provider responsibility to look our for issue that might happen and recitfy b4 signing on the line

If customer ask for something that cannot work and insist on it . Thats another issue.

Installing ac system is not just going to supermarket pick a product off the shell pay and f.off.

Its more then that.

years ago when I was shopping for Aircon, GC comes to mind cos they were one of the biggest. Generally they were good, but there were also lots of negative feedback. And it seems that they were unable to control QC cos many jobs were subbed out. Naturally, I did not use them. haha

not sure if things has gotten better now. 

My point is, not every business has the right attitude towards customer satisfaction 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1