Be warned: never buy air con from G@1n C1ty

Jkcs

19 hours ago, LTSL said:

Sure. 

GC refused to admit liability and insisted that I have to pay for the cutting of the false ceiling. They "went to the extent of giving me a good price by charging me $150 for cutting each ceiling - total of $600 for 4 rooms".

I just ignored them coz I found someone who could do it at $100 per ceiling and vowed not to buy anything from them ever again. It's their attitude, their shrieking of responsibility that puts me off. Basically they said since their installer was no longer with them, they couldn't trace what transpired then. Best thing is, the supervisor who came to see the aircon said if his installer had warned me in advance it would be stated in the work order. I then took out my copy to show that there was no remarks. I asked him if his installer were to warn me in advance, did he think I would still proceed. After a very lengthy conversation with them, I gave up. 

You take care and be safe too. 

go to CASE lor............

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

22 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Thought its 2 months. 

Installed in 2018, then he said 2 months ago started leaking so....

Twincharged
19 hours ago, Heartlander said:

So you have gone up to check the ceiling structure to verify that the portion you need to cut is full of the metal bars? If true, then better let the professionals do it. Not that expensive anyway if only for 2 fan coils you posted. I would have proceeded to cut it open to try if I were you. Fail then get contractor to finish the job.

For sure there are metal supports around the hole. Else how to make the shape. The metal is thin and not too tough to cut. But you need a tools and skills to plaster it back nicely.
I would hire someone to do it too. if it was a flat surface then much simpler and easy to cut and patch. 

Turbocharged

I have bought aircons from Gain City for my 2 places (current and previous).

No issues, may that is because the layouts of my houses are very straightforward.

I get the extended warranty too.   No complaints.

• Praise 3

I bought from Gain City too. They are the cheapest. 1-for-1 replacement of existing Daikin Invertor for Mitsubishi Invertor after 11 years. Straight forward installation above the bedroom doors using existing wires and pipes. 3-way multi-split. No complaints on workmanship.

• Praise 2

Its always other people's fault.

Its never my fault.

The is half the time.

The other half?

I am very smart.

I know everything.

Funny people have both concepts in their heads

at the same time and never think about the contradiction.

I find it really amazing.

[flowerface]

Neutral Newbie

Understand how you feel. The same happened to me.

I bought a new aircon from Gain City on 12 June 2020 and that's when all my troubles started.

At first the aircon is not cold and I found a pile of dust and rubble left behind by Gain City after installation. After clearing the mess I thought the matter would be settled but unfortunately, that was not the end.

The aircon starts making noises - rattling, whoosh-whoosh, gurgling - it's an orchestra.

As a result, I spent the next 6 months taking leave to fox the problem

22 Aug - Change Blower
11 Nov - Change Blower
8 Dec - Change Motor and Blower
15 Dec - Readjustment of Motor because of Loud sound. Didn't work

22 Dec Unable to fix intermittent noises and Mitsubishi offered me an option of a refund. Unfortunately, I will have to go through Gain City to get my money back.

The best part is Gain City didn't do anything. All the changes and effort came from Mitsubishi Electric. They went all the way to help me, to no avail.

Here's the list of  correspondence.

Mitsubishi emailed Gain City on 24 Dec.

I have emailed Gain City on 

24 Dec
30 Dec
2 Jan
4 Jan

Called them on 4 Jan.
Chat online on 4 Jan.
Chat online on 5 Jan.

There wasn't any reply. I even told them no need refund, just come and take the aircon back.

But still no reply.

So I'm writing this to warn as many people as I can. Don't buy from Gain City. They don't care after the money had been paid. There's no customer service at all. So please avoid them!

Neutral Newbie

Understand how you feel. The same happened to me.

I bought a new aircon from Gain City on 12 June 2020 and that's when all my troubles started.

At first the aircon is not cold and I found a pile of dust and rubble left behind by Gain City after installation. After clearing the mess I thought the matter would be settled but unfortunately, that was not the end.

The aircon starts making noises - rattling, whoosh-whoosh, gurgling - it's an orchestra.

As a result, I spent the next 6 months taking leave to fox the problem

22 Aug - Change Blower
11 Nov - Change Blower
8 Dec - Change Motor and Blower
15 Dec - Readjustment of Motor because of Loud sound. Didn't work

22 Dec Unable to fix intermittent noises and Mitsubishi offered me an option of a refund. Unfortunately, I will have to go through Gain City to get my money back.

The best part is Gain City didn't do anything. All the changes and effort came from Mitsubishi Electric. They went all the way to help me, to no avail.

Here's the list of  correspondence.

Mitsubishi emailed Gain City on 24 Dec.

I have emailed Gain City on 

24 Dec
30 Dec
2 Jan
4 Jan

Called them on 4 Jan.
Chat online on 4 Jan.
Chat online on 5 Jan.

There wasn't any reply. I even told them no need refund, just come and take the aircon back.

But still no reply.

So I'm writing this to warn as many people as I can. Don't buy from Gain City. They don't care after the money had been paid. There's no customer service at all. So please avoid them!

I find the complaints "cow head dont match horse mouth".

OK. First thing first...

1) There's the shop front and sales aka GC. This is straightforward. They do the presentation, show you the price, you ok, pay. They arrange delivery and installation ppl to go to your home address. Aftersales would be liaison. Contact parties who are in charge.

2) 3rd party installer aka the ppl installing your a/c in your home. They go collect the a/c from distributor and go install in your home.

3) The a/c brand distributor who is in charge of distribution and warranty issues. Usually they dont setup shops to sell their products directly. They let the retail shops do it. Any problem with the a/c (not installtion issues), not cold, noisy, whatever, they are in charge cos after install it's warranty issue.

IMO this is important as whoever you have issues with you settle with the involved parties, on the spot if necessary, for installation. 

If the 3rd party installer say have to cut your false ceiling and have to pay for labour charges. Ok, you deal directly with the installer. If a/c noisy, not cold, parts fail, ok this is warranty issue.

You can kpkb to GC but they will liaison with whoever is in charge of the issue to get back to you. Problem usually arise when ppl dont know how to communicate. And thought they do nothing cos it cannot be seen what they are doing, right?

I would suggest that you calm down and look at your issue again. Installation whatever you have issue you straight away voice out and settle on the spot. They will not want to waste time and come back. Whatever warranty issue GC will liaison with the distributor to do the warranty coverage. What ppl ask of GC seems...I dunno what to say lah. Let others judge.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 4

I think there are pros and cons to going to a/c retail shops. It's a one stop shop that offers less flexibility. If you want flexibility, eg. you would want to get your renovator involved cos it will spoil your false ceiling. Then you find your own installer, the a/c model and get them together to do the install and reno works. 

The pros and cons of retail shops.

Pros will be you get to browse and see all the new models and you get to choose what you want for your needs.

Cons will be many parties involved. May not cater to your needs and wants.

There is also an alternative option which is smaller company, might be one-man show bao kah liao but you dont get to choose and he might give you an obsolete or going to obsolete a/c model. Of course you can also give him the new model you want. He also do your warranty, service and repairs. Like I said one man show bao kah liao.

Main buyers concern is still price. You can always compare price whether it's from retail shop or one man company. 

But dont comprain if you never do your homework first.

• Praise 1

I need help to plan the runs of aircon pipes for 2 bedrooms before GC comes to install. I understand certain way of laying can prevent aircon leakage in the future. No built-in furnitures in the rooms as only intend to buy off shelves. The current single unit in the master bedroom is placed at the wall in between the window and the toilet. 

Can bros and sista please help? IMG_20210721_142900.thumb.jpg.0663d723dec589f7e0c6ec73edab4203.jpg

Screenshot_20210822_004034_com.whatsapp.jpg

Edited by Cloud9

On 8/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, Cloud9 said:

I need help to plan the runs of aircon pipes for 2 bedrooms before GC comes to install. I understand certain way of laying can prevent aircon leakage in the future. No built-in furnitures in the rooms as only intend to buy off shelves. The current single unit in the master bedroom is placed at the wall in between the window and the toilet. 

Can bros and sista please help? IMG_20210721_142900.thumb.jpg.0663d723dec589f7e0c6ec73edab4203.jpg

For a cleaner look, I would run the trunking inside the toilet and then along the MBR wall next to the kitchen and have the second fan coil on the shared wall of the 2 bedrooms near the door. Should not have any visible trunking in the second room at all. 

Position of fan coil in MBR looks ideal already. 

↡ Advertisement