Removing Scratches on Headlight - Head light Polishing

Baxter

Guys... do check out OSRAM as well - I saw the demo kit during the last SEMA show..... quite easy to DIY .....

Edited by Batlim
↡ Advertisement

first off , i read this thread yesterday morning .and was considering of restoring my 5yrs old really really bad condition headlights.

so couple of hours ago , i went into JB , as usual makan , buy disc , wash car.then i was at this regular car washing shop they advertised their price list.

headlight polishing for RM60.so i thought no harm give it a try.

i watched the entire process , they water sand down a couple of times making sure they remove all the dirt and impurities and also the slight scratches.

they then use some chemical to clean it throughly before proceeding to buff the headlights with some headlight restoration cream or such.

when it's done they applied a layer of sealant onto it .total job took about 45 mins.job well done and i was very satisfied.

for a mere RM60 , no harm trying.the shop i visited is B.O.S.S.

bro.. can share where is ur regular shop? and the prices that you can remember?

else can pm me... thanks in advance

Guys... do check out OSRAM as well - I saw the demo kit during the last SEMA show..... quite easy to DIY .....

i think its OSREN .

anyway the one i did was some OSREN headlight polish.

done at this car wash place called B.O.S.S.

its along the same stretch of car wash place near to new york hotel.actual location i cant remember the address.

but just drive down slow and keep a look out.shouldnt be difficult.

price is RM$60 which equates to less than 30 SGD. cheap enought to worth a try.

hope it helps.

Neutral Newbie

i kanna something like colourless stain on the headlite.

i try claybar and meguair headlite polish. no use also.

any more rougher method?

(edited)

Hi Guys,

Found this to be quite useful. Can try to DIY. No need to waste money to let others do. Few simple clips.

Edited by MkMan

can i check which autosol product to use? had some headlamp stamps which already been there for years and eager to get rid of them

Neutral Newbie

My E200 have this problem too. Have visited autobac to do the restoration but it didnt work with there on shelf product. Head of a company Imperial koncepts from the car dealer that can do a nice job. Anyone tried??? Any Contact of this company??? Price??? Dealer said the headlight came back like New but dealer has lost his contact.

Neutral Newbie

My car banged by my friend recently. So the 2 headlight gone case. My friend change the headlight for me but never change the side mirror indicator :angry:

It turns damn ugly n obvious the car got accident before due to the colour gap between the new n old light is super obvious.

I bought the turtle wax and it doesnt help for my side indicator light. And I dont dare to rub it too hard coz the side mirror also become so fragile and shaky after the stupid accident.

My bro recommend me a headlight workshop at yishun. Out of my "tulan"nization I went there.

The guy who work on it was very patient n careful with his job. He only do headlights by appointment one.

So this is how the result of his job.

post-123449-1371020167_thumb.png

damage was only $50 for side mirror indicator light. [drivingcar]

Simple. Use toothpaste and leave it to set for awhile then clean it off with a damp cloth. Your headlight sure swee swee after that one. [cool]