Skoda Superb combi elegance

Lycanthrope

Hi TS, can you share with us the price you paid for the car.

Been wanting to ask you if you've changed your ride recently till i saw the article today.

Congrats on your self import..

HA did not want to entertain my request. Hence self-import was the way to go. My principle is simple: pay for what you desire, not what the dealer wants you to buy.

Our Superb I workhorse is still with the family.

HA did not want to entertain my request. Hence self-import was the way to go. My principle is simple: pay for what you desire, not what the dealer wants you to buy.

i read in the forum before that someone also self imported a manual 3 series himself.. had to pay full cash for everything.

is that true?

• Praise 1

i read in the forum before that someone also self imported a manual 3 series himself.. had to pay full cash for everything.

is that true?

I think so....one of the forumers here i believe [cool]

I guess they will not entertain requests like a different model of car compared to what they are bringing in if they could not even entertain my request of fitting my choice of options on the car....I'll forever remember being quoted an astronomical sum just to change the head unit [knife]

Btw.....congrats on your purchase....will look for you if I ever want to import my own car in ^_^

Edited by Speeddemon

So it's you bro. I am very impressed with what you did. [;)]

The 1.6TDI is awesome. I am currently still driving the Caddy 1.9TDI DSG.

Would you share what are the steps you did?

Where do you plan to service the car bro?

TDI rocks! [laugh]

Edited by Fcw75

Hi,

The payment to the overseas dealer is strictly cash transaction. For the components payable to the Singapore authorities i.e. ARF, excise duty, COE, loan can be applied. Do check with the relevant finance companies on the availability of financing before committing to a self-import purchase.

bro koolaba,

I read the article in ST, and not surprisingly to find out that it was you that did the importing. LOL. we spoke long time back in 06 in this forum. good to see you still support the skoda brand, but having to come 1 big round to do it! i also drove a diesel van some time back, so i understand its frugality, just that to get the TDi engine meant going the VW Caddy route!

I missed the blackout sale for Superb II (premium version) at 108k. but i did not think the combi was worth 120k to 130k even when COE was lower. i have since gone to a jap ride with V6 engine (215 BHP stock)... Good to see you around again, enjoy the ride!

Hi,

To be fair, HA currently does not have the sales volume to command the position to negotiate with Skoda CZ to offer different trim levels or offer options for the different Skoda models.

The astronomical sum quoted is simply to dissuade potential customers from ordering a customized car.

Hello,

LTA's guidelines with regards to self-import are very transparent.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...portation_.html

I clarified whatever doubts I had with the LTA Vehicle Engineering Officer who processed my homologation submission.

Next, sourcing of quotes from freight forwarders to ship the car from the UK to Singapore.

The car will be maintained by Aldan Motor Services.

Edited by Koolaba

Hi,

Are you driving a Lexus IS250 or Toyota Mark X?

As long as the car meets the minimum Euro 4 diesel emission standard, you can bring in any diesel-powered car. Nevertheless, it will be prudent to get diesel powered cars with the same engine which are available on commercial vehicles, slated to be sold in volume by ADs, just to be sure that spare parts are readily available. The 1.6 TDI powering my Superb is the same engine found in the VW Caddy 1.6 TDI.

Skoda is a brand synonymous with quality and technology. In fact, in the UK & many other EU markets, the equivalent Skoda models are out-selling the equivalent VW models based on 2 main factors - reliability, bang for buck. Unless brand equity is important, I do not see the reason why Skoda products should not be supported.

Edited by Koolaba

Hello,

LTA's guidelines with regards to self-import are very transparent.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...portation_.html

I clarified whatever doubts I had with the LTA Vehicle Engineering Officer who processed my homologation submission.

Next, sourcing of quotes from freight forwarders to ship the car from the UK to Singapore.

The car will be maintained by Aldan Motor Services.

Thanks bro. Good work!

Would like to see the car 1 day. [thumbsup]

The next SOG meet-up perhaps?

Just want to compliment Koolaba who was the one who introduced me to the Skoda platform. Hence after 4 years and 167,000 km later. Still happy.

If you want to self import, Koolaba is the go to guy. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement