Skoda Superb combi elegance

Lycanthrope

Hi,

To be fair, HA currently does not have the sales volume to command the position to negotiate with Skoda CZ to offer different trim levels or offer options for the different Skoda models.

The astronomical sum quoted is simply to dissuade potential customers from ordering a customized car.

Thats a good point. Hence, I can understand if they cannot bring in customized cars....

...but when I approached the service side to see if I could order the parts individually and get them to install....the price they quoted is almost the same....

....I even went further as to ask them; if I could source for the part on my own, could they help me install and charge me only for the labour?....I never got an answer for it <_<

Perhaps you would like to approach Aldan, or another forummer in VAGSG (CBX+). CBX+ has established a good track record of retrofitting the RNS510.

bro K,

i am on the Mark X 2.5L V6. its is also bang for the buck, based on power to cost (or what i can afford, lol). after driving the pug partner, i was also keen on diesel cars, eyeing the Ssangyong Kyron which i saw in Seoul. they finally brought it in, but sold it in the 80-90k band (as pte vehicle).

I understand why u chose the 1.6L for practical reasons, but it produces only 105bhp - the 2L TDi would have been a blast!

Edited by Gz0707

Hi,

Max HP output is not really relevant here. Max torque counts.

The 1.6 TDI produces 250Nm of torque from 1500-2500rpm. The 1.8 TSI produces the same max torque, from 1500 rpm, albeit till 4000 rpm. This small-ish engine is capable of moving the Superb effortlessly. At 90-100km/h, the engine cruises effortless at 1750-1900 rpm.

Getting a 2.0 TDI would have been ideal. However, the availability of the parts & higher road tax are real concerns. The VW Transporter 2.0 TDI 140hp or VW Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 170 hp are unlikely to be volume sellers here, compared to the VW Caddy 1.6 TDI.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Folks,

Just receive my superb combi and I must say it is a beautiful car. But I am kind of worried on the gear box. The 7 Speed DSG seems to make a big fuzz in VAGSG forum. Anybody encounter any issue with Skoda Superb & Speed DSG?

Neutral Newbie

Welcome to the Skoda family! [cool]

The DSG problem only seems to affect those cars manufactured in 2008-2009 period....if you have just collected yours then there should not be any problem [nod]

Personally mine failed at about 30k but HA replaced it quickly so not much of an issue there for me....

Hi,

The 1.6 TDI produces 250Nm of torque from 1500-2500rpm. The 1.8 TSI produces the same max torque, from 1500 rpm, albeit till 4000 rpm. This small-ish engine is capable of moving the Superb effortlessly. At 90-100km/h, the engine cruises effortless at 1750-1900 rpm.

Getting a 2.0 TDI would have been ideal. However, the availability of the parts & higher road tax are real concerns. The VW Transporter 2.0 TDI 140hp or VW Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 170 hp are unlikely to be volume sellers here, compared to the VW Caddy 1.6 TDI.

Have you done a flat-out on the car at malaysia's N-S highway before? I wonder what's the top speed :D

Neutral Newbie

Hi Speeddemon,

Thanks for the info.

BTW, have anyone encounter speaker buzzing sound. I have collected my car for about 2 week but only drive for 4 days. The buzzing sound from the left front speaker is on/off occasionally. I am not using any AUX input. Seems to me either a connection problem or speaker is already damage.

Today did a full detailing and guess what. A deep scratch at the back of the arm rest. Only to blame myself that I did not do a more details check during handing over. What to do? Cannot demand HA to replace a new one. [:(]

Mr Koolaba,

Can you advise how much was the homologation fees and was it done locally(CDG) or the dealer in UK gets the EuroIV emission cert for you?

I'm on a diesel truck now and looking to get a VW 4motion Transporter 2.0BiTDi for family later on.. asked VWCSG b4 but due to low Diesel demand, cannot do special indent,although they willing to sell me the Multivan 2.0BiTDi for slightly lesser than advertised(220~230k+).

Cheers.

Hello,

LTA's guidelines with regards to self-import are very transparent.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...portation_.html

I clarified whatever doubts I had with the LTA Vehicle Engineering Officer who processed my homologation submission.

Next, sourcing of quotes from freight forwarders to ship the car from the UK to Singapore.

The car will be maintained by Aldan Motor Services.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Bro, what do u do if you are driving in Malaysia ? Their diesel are only Euro2 compliance from what I know.

I've been looking at the K5 and other makes. But Skoda caught my eye and now I'm hooked!

Can anyone advice if this is a gd time to buy a Superb?

Thks!!

Twincharged

I've been looking at the K5 and other makes. But Skoda caught my eye and now I'm hooked!

Can anyone advice if this is a gd time to buy a Superb?

Thks!!

Should be a good car,they are using V.W. Passat chassis & running gear,the only problem maybe is there DSG gearbox,i heard many V.W. owners saying this is a problem unit.