Impreza 1.5R 5D Q&A

Se17g

Neutral Newbie

This is the car

This is the car

coolant is fine no leakage according to mech..should go to other workshop?

from what i know previous owner dropped a 2 ltre engine

post-113973-0-18746700-1421675787_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Mine is a 2nd hand impreza sedan 1.5r blue kolor..

Recently went to motec

now after 1 week of driving the water temp red colour lights in on and affects my cooling of air con...recently change timing belts as intsructed by the Mech..mayb coolant problem or something else..if previous owner is here give some tips regarding this water temp issues ..any expert please advise. .Thanks alot

did you have the water pump changed out during the timing belt change? if no, go have it checked. failed water pump could cause over heating too.. aircond compressor will be killed off automatically when engine overheats (red warning lights on)

Neutral Newbie

did you have the water pump changed out during the timing belt change? if no, go have it checked. failed water pump could cause over heating too.. aircond compressor will be killed off automatically when engine overheats (red warning lights on)

Neutral Newbie

post-113973-0-70399200-1421681867_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

[quote name="EddieSo basically ,i have to check for coolant leakage and water pumpa issues? my timing belt is 2 weeks old..Thank u LAO TA...

Don't think it's easy unless u are a mech as coolent needs to be drain out. I used to have this same issue of overheating. Mine happened when I'm caught in heavy traffic or long red light.

My problem was the thermostat spoilt with the spring not reacting to the heat and keep at closed position resulting in coolent not entering the engine block.

I went for the cheaper solution, modify and cut the thermostat so it's always at open position.

Result, no over heating issue again. But then the coolent will flow once I start my engine. So it will take slightly longer to warm up, engine running cooler; too cool.

Best solution is still to replace it. It won't cost too much.

Btw, I'm driving the same car as yours. Sorry for lengthy reply.

Good luck

for subarus, it's generally a good idea to have the thermostat changed together with the water pump when you have the timing belt changed as you'll need to drain the coolant anyway.

Hi guys... first of all apologies if this is in the wrong place...

I am looking to buy a used 6+ - 7yr Subaru Impreza 1.5M / 1.6M (hatch or sedan not decided)...

Anywhere I'm able to show interest for purchase? Marketplace doesn't seem to have any cars... And there's limited cars advertised on ------/SG Car Mart...

Of course I will be visiting those places like Grandstand/Autohubs to look see for all those unadvertised...

TIA and hope for your guidance!

Pls PM if it's a personal suggestions or you have the car for sale... :D

Few days ago my Impreza started having noise coming from front left, it's like something turning which following my car speed, not following rpm. Go fast it's fast n strong, go slow it go slow n weaker....I'm not sure what happened....will it be the front wheel drive shaft bearing spoiled ? Or gearbox?

↡ Advertisement