Modding N.A cars

Enforcer533

That's exactly what I was thinking when I got my kimchi car [laugh]

But now......................

Auto better la... getting lazy liao [laugh][laugh]

Manual is good. Missed my old ride.....

↡ Advertisement

okay lah, at least you have the full control of your car and given the fact that it can give you additional power when on demand.

what do you mean by additional power? 1.6A avante vs 1.6M avante.

unless you mean certain models like mazda rx8, that one auto vs manual.. significant difference.

or golf R DSG vs manual.. DSG faster 0-100km/h and more consistent while manual is harder to achieve the claimed timing.

i think BB cars like avante, civic, altis, sunny etc.. manual or auto no difference. but driveability & convenience, auto should be enough. no offence

No le, mine also 4speed auto. Ya me is Lancer EX 1.5 only. Pickup is hopeless, haha. But i like the mid & high end. Wht to do, it is a pretty 1.3 tones heavy car. Yes, mine also have some mod, coilover, front strut, rear ARB, closepod CAI intake & semi high flow cat with stock exhaust. Reach 180km/h also stable [:)]

haha bro quite close to mind. my ride is 1375. but after the light mod i manage to

hit 100 below 11 sec. Btw bro u change to Semi high flow cat. Can u change back

to your stock Cat when inspection comes ?? Hw much u do it leh ?

luckily i got a MT avante.. but quite a pain at times. how i wish i can drive a AT car.. my next car would be comfort and AT as main priority.

Bro u should love your Manual ride =) There is no fun in auto

even thou it has manual over ride..

exhaust consist of 3 sections...anyway since u mention ur muffler box is already illegal...it doesnt matter anymore...juz change ur header!!!

TP fine is whole exhaust setup $500, so change 1 also tio fine, might as well juz change the rest...

But for AT...u will still need some back pressure, if not low end suffer....so maybe leave the mid pipe stock ba...

Bro the certified muffler is coming for my ride soon I think the brand is super sprint.

i trying to use the cert for the muffler to cover those illegal mods like header

extractor and Cat =)

If u r rich dun tink u need swap all that sheet...juz buy lambo.. Fast n status very high wor

Drive in zouk...chics come lick u la... lol

To TS, unichip tuner that I've heard is good is Andrew from Bms...

U might wanna go dwn n seek his advice on wat need on balance mod...

Tuning will be last....

Hi bro thanks for the intro of tuner. Will look for him once i done

the hardware of my ride =)

isn't forte a decent enough car?

i've saw many very fast fortes around!

Hi bro actually forte is nt really fast. coz the body is heavy

and feel veri sluggish some times. But is a nice and very

stable car =)

hardcore modding in SG is quite troublesome.

ask someone to send your car for inspection is small case, but daily drive and look out for TP is again, disturbing..

it will be useful to do modification in elsewhere other than in SG.

in SG, want fast, just get a fast car.

there are few range of cheap fast cars in market now.

1) about 5yrs old WRX cost you less than s$50k.

2) about 5yrs old Golf GTi cost you less than s$80k.

3) etc etc.

instead of trying so hard to add this and that, spend so much to increase tiny little bhp and still wondering whether will the ride pass inspection or even thinking whether can the engine take it and etc.

think less, just get a faster car..

my one cent worth of opinion lah. =P

hardcore modding in SG is quite troublesome.

ask someone to send your car for inspection is small case, but daily drive and look out for TP is again, disturbing..

it will be useful to do modification in elsewhere other than in SG.

in SG, want fast, just get a fast car.

there are few range of cheap fast cars in market now.

1) about 5yrs old WRX cost you less than s$50k.

2) about 5yrs old Golf GTi cost you less than s$80k.

3) etc etc.

instead of trying so hard to add this and that, spend so much to increase tiny little bhp and still wondering whether will the ride pass inspection or even thinking whether can the engine take it and etc.

think less, just get a faster car..

my one cent worth of opinion lah. =P

Do pretty girls apply make up & buy pretty dress. Plain Jane does make up & wear pretty clothes to look pretty. Pretty girls do the same to stand out from the other pretty girls.

Even with fast car, you may still wanna mod for more power, maybe even more.

But my stand is stay legal lah, ...at least the obvious stuff. Don't play with fire lah.

I saw one fit, put turbo never mind, as if the front mount intercooler visible from the grill is not dead give away, he put a sticker, "HKS turbo" (or something like that) at the 5th door/boot. [hur]

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys

wat is the maximum mod u can do to a NA car ? beside putting

aftermarket intake , exhaust and Chipping it is there other thin

i can do to maximize the performance ??? (Turbo is risky =p )

Thanks =)

Dun waste time just TC it..

Confirm will feel huge diff..

should i Tc my sss? very gian to do so.

SSS (manual) is already a fast car.

If wanna join the darkside, a supercharger kit will do the job just fine. ^_^

what do you mean by additional power? 1.6A avante vs 1.6M avante.

unless you mean certain models like mazda rx8, that one auto vs manual.. significant difference.

or golf R DSG vs manual.. DSG faster 0-100km/h and more consistent while manual is harder to achieve the claimed timing.

i think BB cars like avante, civic, altis, sunny etc.. manual or auto no difference. but driveability & convenience, auto should be enough. no offence

just to voice out... i've driven sunny N16 manual and auto (both less than 2years old, both below 30k mileage, both stock complete)... both i floor to the max all the gears...

the 5speed manual is no doubt faster than the 4speed auto....(even a normal manual driver can win the auto...)

0-180km/h... in paper its faster... and in real life it is also...

the gear box makes alot of difference...

dont know about the other b&b cars

Edited by Ken4555

I wouldn't..

SSS was created solely as a high reving NA with hi-com and close ratio gear box. That's the essence of the car and which makes it unique and fun to drive.

No doubt a TC SSS will be a blast but what's the point? Lower your com ratio and maybe even change to wider ratio gearbox to harness the changed driving dynamics.

If want to TC, get a normal swift makes more sense. [blush]

If you have the:

time to spend waiting while it is at the workshop, through installation and when it breaks down till dekitting

money to support it, through installation and when it breaks down till dekitting

guts to drive around sg with it, without fear of lta or road blocks..

then why not? :D

If you have the:

time to spend waiting while it is at the workshop, through installation and when it breaks down till dekitting

money to support it, through installation and when it breaks down till dekitting

guts to drive around sg with it, without fear of lta or road blocks..

then why not? :D

wow bro, since when have you become moderator? [:p]

You never tell her, technically she's right. Sport cars really are 2 doors or no doors.

It's really a rally car or f3 level rather than an actual sports car. 'Sport' is the word used by aftermarket parts manufacturers to make their buyers feel good about the purchase. 'Performance' is another.

The real pros in Australia take into account the car as a system with only 2 things in mind; Producing power and utilizing that power to the max.

I.e.: Power and handling.

I will relate "sports car" as those car built with the aim of motorsports. Of cos, there are alot of catagories under it, WRC, LeMans, DTM, SuperGt blah blah... so i just call them sports car in layman terms.

↡ Advertisement