Soul Food, Soul Mate, Soul Ride???

KARTer

Is your current ride your Soul Ride??.... or your previous ride?

Sometimes it's not the car's performance or look but the fact that it follows you thru good and hard time that makes it yours [:)]

Most (i think in fact all) of my rides present or past have a place in my life....

↡ Advertisement

Is your current ride your Soul Ride??.... or your previous ride?

Sometimes it's not the car's performance or look but the fact that it follows you thru good and hard time that makes it yours [:)]

Most (i think in fact all) of my rides present or past have a place in my life....

Soul boring! [laugh][laugh]

Let me kick start your thread .... vroom tat tat tat tat tat tat [:p]

Yeah brudder, I know what you mean. My Sunny's is my other wife. :wub:

Edited by Vroomtattat

Seem like I'm no longer attached emotionally to cars like I did before. Juz a tool for transport. Or I've yet to find one that will turn me on?

Actually am quite curious, the Soul looks cute and compact, but have not seen many around.

Wonder anyone who has considered Soul before share some key considerations ?

My honda jazz, I can ram ram the engine till redline every moment.

Very shiok to drive.

Yes it's my soul ride.

I would not have enjoyed if it was a powerful BMW or GTI. These powerful car must control and not overcooked the power.

Low power car like Jazz is perfectly my soul mate!!

Like riding my motorcycle CB400, rev the engine to redline to feel the 'rush'.

Soul boring!

Let me kick start your thread .... vroom tat tat tat tat tat tat [:p]

Yeah brudder, I know what you mean. My Sunny's is my other wife. :wub:

hor hor.. got affair.. [laugh][:p] [:p]

My honda jazz, I can ram ram the engine till redline every moment.

Very shiok to drive.

Yes it's my soul ride.

I would not have enjoyed if it was a powerful BMW or GTI. These powerful car must control and not overcooked the power.

Low power car like Jazz is perfectly my soul mate!!

Like riding my motorcycle CB400, rev the engine to redline to feel the 'rush'.

currently my soul-car (or mistress, if you like) is a 19yr old jap 3dr hatchback..... everything inside and outside is old-sckool but the engine runs well and it takes me where i want to go in decent speed............. a few dents here and there make it more soulful to me ........... a humble mistress (if ever there's one) who stick with me thru thick and thin... btw, she's also my legal wife (mistress is just my imagination) :D:D

(edited)

I think this holds true for quite a number of people.

In my case, with my current car (turning 19 this year) I've explored so many places in HK, driven into roads so narrow, steep and dangerous which probably can't be found in Singapore (and sometimes had to do 9-point, 15-point or 30-point turns!), travelled long highways countless times and enjoyed good times with many relatives and friends, both those living in HK and those who visited me on holiday. And it happens that my car, being a diesel car with a column-shift gearbox, reminds me of some of my best times in my youth, taking taxis around on dates with my gf or sometimes with my group of friends. Simply driving around with the diesel engine sound, the column shift action and the Cantonese radio brings back memories, except that now I'm the one driving it. Through it I also learned a lot about car maintenance and learned how to DIY many things instead of just relying on the mechanic. Its is rough and unrefined and its performance is far from impressive compared to most cars today, but I have greatly enjoyed my time with it and I know I'll certainly miss it deeply when I sell it, which I don't want to but will be inevitable when I eventually move back to Singapore.

My other car, a 17 year old Mazda 323 which I still keep as a spare car, also holds many good memories of good times. In fact, being the first car I owned shortly after getting my licence (passed in Singapore but bought the car in HK a month later), the car taught me that getting a driving licence is only the beginning of one's learning on the road, and I learnt many useful techniques and gained lots of road experience through it.

Edited by Bicolor

I think this holds true for quite a number of people.

In my case, with my current car (turning 19 this year) I've explored so many places in HK, driven into roads so narrow, steep and dangerous which probably can't be found in Singapore (and sometimes had to do 9-point, 15-point or 30-point turns!), travelled long highways countless times and enjoyed good times with many relatives and friends, both those living in HK and those who visited me on holiday. And it happens that my car, being a diesel car with a column-shift gearbox, reminds me of some of my best times in my youth, taking taxis around on dates with my gf or sometimes with my group of friends. Simply driving around with the diesel engine sound, the column shift action and the Cantonese radio brings back memories, except that now I'm the one driving it. Through it I also learned a lot about car maintenance and learned how to DIY many things instead of just relying on the mechanic. Its is rough and unrefined and its performance is far from impressive compared to most cars today, but I have greatly enjoyed my time with it and I know I'll certainly miss it deeply when I sell it, which I don't want to but will be inevitable when I eventually move back to Singapore.

My other car, a 17 year old Mazda 323 which I still keep as a spare car, also holds many good memories of good times. In fact, being the first car I owned shortly after getting my licence (passed in Singapore but bought the car in HK a month later), the car taught me that getting a driving licence is only the beginning of one's learning on the road, and I learnt many useful techniques and gained lots of road experience through it.

Thank you for sharing your experience / thoughts on this with us.

Btw, I have driven a column shift cars for about 4 years way back overseas..... may I know what model is your column-shift car? .... mine was a Holden 4-speed, and the column gear stick looked like a chicken drum stick to me at the time :D:D

Thank you for sharing your experience / thoughts on this with us.

Btw, I have driven a column shift cars for about 4 years way back overseas..... may I know what model is your column-shift car? .... mine was a Holden 4-speed, and the column gear stick looked like a chicken drum stick to me at the time :D:D

Cool. How many years back was that?

Haha, chicken drumstick... was your gearknob exceptionally big? Mine was the opposite of yours, the stock shift knob was tiny but I replaced it with one of those old fashioned types with a coloured base and a clear top half with flowers embedded.

Mine's a Nissan Cedric, with a 5 speed gearbox.

Cool. How many years back was that?

Haha, chicken drumstick... was your gearknob exceptionally big? Mine was the opposite of yours, the stock shift knob was tiny but I replaced it with one of those old fashioned types with a coloured base and a clear top half with flowers embedded.

Mine's a Nissan Cedric, with a 5 speed gearbox.

I like the Cedrics of the 70s-80s!

The base (or rather the lower part) of the colum stick was shape like the fatter part of the drumstick.... the knob was a simple plastic thingy...

Oh yes, I have seen those clear-top with embedded flowers gear knob.... cool looking at the time [:)]

I had two 67 Holden in the seventies as a student :D ........ these cars are not as sophiscated as the Cedric, vey basic aussie working class transpost. the front bench seat was great, it brought the driver and the front passenger very close together, LOL

I had two 67 Holden in the seventies as a student :D ........ these cars are not as sophiscated as the Cedric, vey basic aussie working class transpost. the front bench seat was great, it brought the driver and the front passenger very close together, LOL

My front seat is also a bench seat, no handbrake in the middle. But it is meant to fit 2 passengers in front (2 sets of passenger seat belts apart from the driver's) and if only one person is up front with me he/she will certainly not be close to me [laugh]