Toyota recalls 245,000 Lexus sedans in US + 1.7 million

Blackseal

We won't blame you for reading this headline and thinking, "Oh great, another Toyota recall." After all, the Japanese automaker dominated headlines in 2010 by recalling every single model in its then-current product portfolio, including the massive sticky pedal and unintended acceleration recalls that took place in the first half of last year.

Now, Toyota has issued a voluntary recall on about 245,000 Lexus sedans here in the United States and an additional 1.5 million vehicles around the world. Here in the U.S., the 2006-2007 Lexus GS 300 and GS 350, 2006-2009 Lexus IS 250 and 2006-2008 Lexus IS 350 sedans are being recalled due to faulty installation of fuel pressure sensors. If this sensor has not been fastened tightly enough, fuel has the potential to leak between the gasket that connects it to the fuel delivery pipes. Including these North American vehicles, the fuel sensor recall affects 354,524 vehicles around the world, with Automotive News citing that the Toyota Crown and Mark X sedans are being recalled in the automaker's home market.

Toyota's other global recall involves faulty fuel pipes and fuel check valves, though none of the 1.34 million vehicles affected by this one are in North America. In Japan, the RAV4 crossover, Voxy and Noah minivans are being recalled, as well as the Avensis sedan and wagon sold in Europe.

Sources: Toyota, Automotive News

↡ Advertisement

We won't blame you for reading this headline and thinking, "Oh great, another Toyota recall." After all, the Japanese automaker dominated headlines in 2010 by recalling every single model in its then-current product portfolio, including the massive sticky pedal and unintended acceleration recalls that took place in the first half of last year.

Now, Toyota has issued a voluntary recall on about 245,000 Lexus sedans here in the United States and an additional 1.5 million vehicles around the world. Here in the U.S., the 2006-2007 Lexus GS 300 and GS 350, 2006-2009 Lexus IS 250 and 2006-2008 Lexus IS 350 sedans are being recalled due to faulty installation of fuel pressure sensors. If this sensor has not been fastened tightly enough, fuel has the potential to leak between the gasket that connects it to the fuel delivery pipes. Including these North American vehicles, the fuel sensor recall affects 354,524 vehicles around the world, with Automotive News citing that the Toyota Crown and Mark X sedans are being recalled in the automaker's home market.

Toyota's other global recall involves faulty fuel pipes and fuel check valves, though none of the 1.34 million vehicles affected by this one are in North America. In Japan, the RAV4 crossover, Voxy and Noah minivans are being recalled, as well as the Avensis sedan and wagon sold in Europe.

Sources: Toyota, Automotive News

Newspaper also says PI cars like Noah, Voxy, Isis, etc also.

Anywhere we can see the complete list of cars?

I will never buy Toyota anymore.

U dun want to buy doesn't matter, cause there are still many many many pple out there still want to buy Toyota. [rolleyes]

So does this mean that companies that don't do recalls, means their cars are better and more reliable than Toyota? Eg, Chery, Geely, Hafei, Proton, etc, they have recalls?

I rather buy cars from a company that do voluntary recalls to fix problem (for free) before the problem occurs, but that's just me.

U dun want to buy doesn't matter, cause there are still many many many pple out there still want to buy Toyota. [rolleyes]

Yeah, that's the funny thing.

There's really nothing special about Toyota, except for their hybrid technology which is no longer that advanced.

Most people are easily satisfied with the branding and reliability.

Maybe that typifies most Toyota owners - simple, uncomplicated, trusting.

Anyway, I'm jumping from the Toyota ship soon.

2006 model also affected? I mean cars that were sold 5 years ago also affected? Wah heng arh this piece of news came out..was itchy backside thinking of a 2nd hand 06 250...chui.. :o

Yeah, that's the funny thing.

There's really nothing special about Toyota, except for their hybrid technology which is no longer that advanced.

Most people are easily satisfied with the branding and reliability.

Maybe that typifies most Toyota owners - simple, uncomplicated, trusting.

Anyway, I'm jumping from the Toyota ship soon.

So which ship are u jumping to? [:/]

So which ship are u jumping to? [:/]

The Ecoboost one.

It appears that Japanese are heading the hybrid direction.

European models are still banking on turbo/supercharged models to mimic the low-end torque of turbodiesels.

Doesn't make sense to drive a hybrid if:

(a) you pay MORE road tax

(b) it gets an FC value near regular cars

(12km/L above average speed, 13.5-14km/L for conservative driving)

The Ecoboost one.

It appears that Japanese are heading the hybrid direction.

European models are still banking on turbo/supercharged models to mimic the low-end torque of turbodiesels.

Doesn't make sense to drive a hybrid if:

(a) you pay MORE road tax

(b) it gets an FC value near regular cars

(12km/L above average speed, 13.5-14km/L for conservative driving)

hybrid more road tax? not green rebate meh?

hybrid more road tax? not green rebate meh?

Green rebate is 40% off ARF which was about 15k.

My PI probably makan 10k.

But why should the rebate offset the higher road tax?

Their tax structure penalizes my model as it has front and back motors.

Frankly, the car does not feel powerful even with the motor assist unless engine is warmed up and battery is near full charge.

Limited battery cells is the other reason.

All the other Toyota hybrids have more battery cells than the Estima.

So does this mean that companies that don't do recalls, means their cars are better and more reliable than Toyota? Eg, Chery, Geely, Hafei, Proton, etc, they have recalls?

I rather buy cars from a company that do voluntary recalls to fix problem (for free) before the problem occurs, but that's just me.

yap, I always believe that car makers who initiate recall on their car is a responsible company. many car makers choose to close 1 eyes and sweep the problem under the carpet until problem becomes more serious...

btw, proton does recall their car. cant remember which model but it happend not too long ago and it was discussed in this forum. i was very impressed by their action and totally change my view on this brand!

↡ Advertisement