$1000 fine for saying the wrong thing

Jamstart

Jan 27, 2011

Man fined for saying he was a terrorist at MRT

By Elena Chong

Kevin Teo Kok Leong alias Muhammad Riduan Teo, 33, was fined $1,000 for saying that he was a terrorist at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange. -- ST FILE PHOTO

A MAN who caused alarm to an SMRT customer service officer by saying that he was a terrorist, was fined $1,000 on Thursday.

Kevin Teo Kok Leong alias Muhammad Riduan Teo, 33, a mechanic, admitted to using threatening words at Mr Suasni Samuri, 43, at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange on Nov 26, 2010.

A Community Court heard that Mr Suasni was on duty when he saw Teo entering the train platform without tapping his ez-Link card.

Mr Suasni gave chase and managed to stop Teo, who refused to hand over his ez-Link card to be checked.

While Mr Suasni was trying to solicit information from Teo, Teo said: 'You know who I am, I am a terrorist, you know.'

Teo repeated the words when asked what he had said earlier. He could have been fined up to $5,000 for the offence.

Food can anyhow eat, word cannot anyhow say.

↡ Advertisement

I remember years ago I taking train at bugis, the green man suspect I never tap card and want check my car, though I let him checked, I felt very offended with his approach when he talk to me like I'm a criminal.

I remember years ago I taking train at bugis, the green man suspect I never tap card and want check my car, though I let him checked, I felt very offended with his approach when he talk to me like I'm a criminal.

Take train and check your car?? Doesnt make sense to me. [confused]

Finally, he found a way to spend away his 1000 dollars....... that is his extra bonus and he is so vexed about how to spent this extra cash....... Good for you bro.....

[laugh]

Nowadays those pple liek the security guard or custom officer, their approach in checking on pple really treat them as criminal! [shakehead]

can someone explain "Kevin Teo Kok Leong alias Muhammad Riduan Teo"? He's a chinese muslim convert?

cannot be muslim convert to chinese ma...

so obviously is the other way round.

Jan 27, 2011

Man fined for saying he was a terrorist at MRT

By Elena Chong

Kevin Teo Kok Leong alias Muhammad Riduan Teo, 33, was fined $1,000 for saying that he was a terrorist at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange. -- ST FILE PHOTO

A MAN who caused alarm to an SMRT customer service officer by saying that he was a terrorist, was fined $1,000 on Thursday.

Kevin Teo Kok Leong alias Muhammad Riduan Teo, 33, a mechanic, admitted to using threatening words at Mr Suasni Samuri, 43, at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Interchange on Nov 26, 2010.

A Community Court heard that Mr Suasni was on duty when he saw Teo entering the train platform without tapping his ez-Link card.

Mr Suasni gave chase and managed to stop Teo, who refused to hand over his ez-Link card to be checked.

While Mr Suasni was trying to solicit information from Teo, Teo said: 'You know who I am, I am a terrorist, you know.'

Teo repeated the words when asked what he had said earlier. He could have been fined up to $5,000 for the offence.

Food can anyhow eat, word cannot anyhow say.

I think a terror. won't say that he is one....like M Selam...maybe he used to TCSS to his friends abt terror. and spur of moment the word just bla.... [:(]

stupid fellow... serves him right... it is just like u can't use the BOMB in airports and planes.

Luckily Bombay is now known as Mumbai... can you imagine the following scenario?

Immigration Officer: So where are you going Sir?

Man: Oh.. i'm going to BOMBay.

IO: Say again?

Man: BOMBay.

Next thing, the man is arrested. Hahahaha

I still dun understand the rationale behind how come words such as terrorist and bomb cannot be mentioned in public places?! [:/] I personally find it is plainly just words rather than action ma. [:p]

↡ Advertisement