MM Lee stirs controversy with his comments on Muslims

Shull

both work for the government mah!! muis come under the wing of mcys if not wrong!!so this story is like satay...fan,fan...flip...flip. so hot and good to eat!! [laugh][laugh]

For full erection to be successful, need to use such topics to divert voters' attention away from rising cost of living, housing woes, inflations, transport issues, etc.... well done old man!!! :D

↡ Advertisement

For full erection to be successful, need to use such topics to divert voters' attention away from rising cost of living, housing woes, inflations, transport issues, etc.... well done old man!!! :D

Be respectful of the old man lah...wait ppl label u keyboard warrior with balls smaller than the buttons on the keyboard. [:p]

So?? Its a book about his though. Anyway its truth of wat he say.

Happen in my work place. We seat on same table eating non halal food. The muslim colleague got angry cause scare our non halal soup might spray into her bowl amd tell us we should eat halal food when she is sitting with us. Note. She is a minority in the group. Anyway FYI, that is a FT from other country. Dont see this problem with my singapore muslim frenz.

all i can say is: relax....... :D

Neutral Newbie

Well, i am replying into the context of NS sit seperate. The whole point of it is more for religious sensitivity If they allow mix seating at the begining of the intergration. There will be some who will speak up.

I see i see. I think that should be in the past right? When I was active and during reservist, there was no segregation between Muslims and non-muslims. It's just that the utensils are returned to separate places.

But I think you got a point there. In my opinion, Muslims in the past are so.. Hmm uptight? That's why they are seated seperately?

that's what your muslim colleague concern is right? [laugh] i'm just helping people her visualise [rolleyes]

Yeah my colleague concern. But i know this is not ur intention :angry:

I see i see. I think that should be in the past right? When I was active and during reservist, there was no segregation between Muslims and non-muslims. It's just that the utensils are returned to separate places.

But I think you got a point there. In my opinion, Muslims in the past are so.. Hmm uptight? That's why they are seated seperately?

Yes, that is what i am trying to point up.

I am speaking for people who feel that Singapore is what it is today because of MM Lee and so it's wrong to make light of him.

singapore consists of more than just one old man.... everyone plays a part in making sgp what its is today.... many of its people sweat and make sacrifices for sgp.... no need to hero-worship [hur]

thumbs up to your friend!!

i never understood why they are so bothered about what OTHER people are eating? [laugh]

insecurity loh.. i would put it as they lack the faith in themselves and their religion.

At least I know you don't even dare to own up and take responsibility for your words....Mr Big Wizard of OZ hidding behind a computer screen.

pls lah, grow up, the world is big enough for differing views.... no need to use scare tactics here.... pple are not naive enough to take you seriously ............. relax :D

I dun remember Malay or Muslim frens that prefer to sit at another table cos we have pork on the table. But that is for local Malays. I cant speak for the new citizens and PRs and whatever.

You see, when the govt import FTs, they failed to import "tolerance" along with these people. Sad.

[:|]

Hmmm... what "if" opps party gets most of the votes in the coming election?? I really wonder wat will singapore become... have this thoughts ever come across u peeps mind? I think Mr LKY will be very very very upset... hmmm... i believe in whoever can make sg a better place to live in.. at least they dun whack each other in the parliment house like Taiw*n..

dont worry, due to GRC system and many walk-overs, even if the oppositions get more than 50% of the cast votes (ie excluding walk-over), pApee will still have majority seats in parliment... the additional oppoistion MPs hopefully will provide more checks & balances questioning miw their unfair / ill-conceived policies, this is good for the people..............

let pApee continue do what they are good at but question them left right and centre if they try to be 'smart' at the expense of the people..... it's like letting by are large capable managers work for you but you still keep a close watch over what they do or plan to do..... this is GOOD for sgp and its people including peasants and ordinary men.....

Neutral Newbie

dont worry, due to GRC system and many walk-overs, even if the oppositions get more than 50% of the cast votes (ie excluding walk-over), pApee will still have majority seats in parliment... the additional oppoistion MPs hopefully will provide more checks & balances questioning miw their unfair / ill-conceived policies, this is good for the people..............

let pApee continue do what they are good at but question them left right and centre if they try to be 'smart' at the expense of the people..... it's like letting by are large capable managers work for you but you still keep a close watch over what they do or plan to do..... this is GOOD for sgp and its people including peasants and ordinary men.....

i think every country that believe in true democracy needs two-party system to provide the check n balance, also to prevent the ruling party from implementing "run-away train" type of policies....

I do not know if it is common to anyone in this forum... I have quite a number of malay race friends who told me that they are not muslim.

They are singapore born malay and they told me they are free thinker... normally we went out, we eat any chinese food like zhi cha, bak kut teh...

once a hawker ask me if they are from philippino... I just smiled and walk off....

Be respectful of the old man lah...wait ppl label u keyboard warrior with balls smaller than the buttons on the keyboard. [:p]

LOL.... tat kiddo's comments make me laugh :D

↡ Advertisement