Northpoint carpark grooming

ODC

Passed by this shop yesterday , their premium package for big cars like a magentis is 200 bucks looks reasonable for sealant . Anyone tried?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

A bottle of good sealant that can be applied to more than 10 cars is S$40 dollars. What is that compared to S$200?

And a bottle of good wax can be S$200.

I'm rather new to diy polishing my car.. so need more information before i can build up this hobby ;)

how does sealant and wax help? so the procedure is

1. Wash

2. Polish

3. Wax

4. Sealant?

and also, can we diy ourselves?

The one at the basement carpark?? I have been staying here yishun for 28 years..not sure if the same managment I have seen 6 years ago.. not bad.

depending on the process.. include paint recovery or a normal polish and seal..if with paint recovery..is worth every single cent

Edited by Maddriver

200 is reasonable, they need to rent the place, employ a few foregin worker, this got to add levy plus the worker pay as local don't want to work in this line. material cost and one day they can only do limited cars due to time apply on each car. so i think 200 is reasonable, try polishing yourself n u will know how long it take.

A bottle of good sealant that can be applied to more than 10 cars is S$40 dollars. What is that compared to S$200?

And a bottle of good wax can be S$200.

Its the hard labour that you are paying for. Not everyone have that much patience and time to do up their car.

The one at the basement carpark?? I have been staying here yishun for 28 years..not sure if the same managment I have seen 6 years ago.. not bad.

depending on the process.. include paint recovery or a normal polish and seal..if with paint recovery..is worth every single cent

Wow....28 years.....Almost same as me....[:p]

I had used this basement carpark grooming shop some years back for once or twice. Quite good and not bad.

But I stopped after that and believes that nothing beats washing and grooming your car yourself. :D

Neutral Newbie

For me it was economic reason that I started polishing cars myself. A good groomer will charge about S$200+ per session.

I bought a machine and some pads to start off polishing my dad's old car, then I polish more cars in my family and a few friends. In no time the investment is recovered.

Anyway if I don't polish car I end up sticked to the TV anyway.

I just spent 6 hours, helped a friend to remote scratches with compound, then mid polish, then fine polish. Use some swissvax cleaner fluid as primer, then wax. Now it has became something I want to do it properly for good friends and family. No jumping step and not calculating the cost. I can do that because I am not doing it for profit.

5399919118_24dd28dd26_b.jpg

3612370557_9026aabd1f_z.jpg

3353483296_82e4ecd689_z.jpg

3221770295_4d2d70ffa4_b.jpg

Those pictures have nothing special to shout about. I agreed with the rest, they open business to make a living. If I feel $200 too ex for me, I simply walk away.

Wow....28 years.....Almost same as me....[:p]

I had used this basement carpark grooming shop some years back for once or twice. Quite good and not bad.

But I stopped after that and believes that nothing beats washing and grooming your car yourself. :D

Multipurpose.. It can also be a form of exercise.. [laugh] [laugh]

For me it was economic reason that I started polishing cars myself. A good groomer will charge about S$200+ per session.

I bought a machine and some pads to start off polishing my dad's old car, then I polish more cars in my family and a few friends. In no time the investment is recovered.

Anyway if I don't polish car I end up sticked to the TV anyway.

I just spent 6 hours, helped a friend to remote scratches with compound, then mid polish, then fine polish. Use some swissvax cleaner fluid as primer, then wax. Now it has became something I want to do it properly for good friends and family. No jumping step and not calculating the cost. I can do that because I am not doing it for profit.

Hi bro,

What machine did you buy to start off polishing?

do you mind sharing your tips?

cheers

Passed by this shop yesterday , their premium package for big cars like a magentis is 200 bucks looks reasonable for sealant . Anyone tried?

At times like this when it is raining everyday, dun waste time and money lah!!!

Hi bro,

cheers

I believe he is using Flex =)

Twincharged

Hi bro,

cheers

I think you can start off with any machine. Depending on what u want to achieve. I started with a DA which was able to correct most swirls but unable to remove wetsanding marks completely and deep scratches. The best is to have an old car which you dont mind damaging the paint to practice on. I practiced on my old car which was going to scrap till I got better. Now I am using DAS-6 pro which is actually able to restore alot of cars to good condition. The only time I use my rotary is when I know I am going to do wetsanding.

I think you can start off with any machine. Depending on what u want to achieve. I started with a DA which was able to correct most swirls but unable to remove wetsanding marks completely and deep scratches. The best is to have an old car which you dont mind damaging the paint to practice on. I practiced on my old car which was going to scrap till I got better. Now I am using DAS-6 pro which is actually able to restore alot of cars to good condition. The only time I use my rotary is when I know I am going to do wetsanding.

What does wetsanding means tho?

Twincharged

What does wetsanding means tho?

Use sand paper to make the paint flat and smooth first. Usually after using touch up paint on those very deep scratches or to remove orange peel effect. But after sanding the paint will be very dull cuz of the sanding marks so must use machine to polish it.

↡ Advertisement