Should Lane Splitting be Illegal?

Darryn

This is a discussion on what you think SHOULD be the law.

Should lane splitting be illegal or not?

Why do I ask?

Last night I saw an accident, huge huge jam on the PIE, I don't know the cause, but my educated guess is that it was lane splitting motorbikes that were involved.

I also saw a lorry clip a lane splitting motorbike around 5 months ago.

I have had a couple of close calls because of speeding lane splitting bikes.

Should it be allowed or not? If you were the Minister of Transport, what would you do?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I think its already not allowed. I remembered one of my friend telling me about a TP pulling him over and warning him not to do that. Asked him to keep to one lane.

Its already not allowed. I have seen TP driving same speed beside a bike and talking to him and zoom away. (Yes @ 80 kph, wonder how they hear each other wif helmet)

Its already not allowed. I have seen TP driving same speed beside a bike and talking to him and zoom away. (Yes @ 80 kph, wonder how they hear each other wif helmet)

really not allowed? i dare say almost every bike on expressways doing that..normal roads also..especially those bikes from JB who disregard their own lives

really not allowed? i dare say almost every bike on expressways doing that..normal roads also..especially those bikes from JB who disregard their own lives

Its like stop line la. All suppose to stop wat. But who stops. Even TP also dun stop. And TP also split lane wat. Same lor.

I drive and ride as well. Lane splitting is not safe but sometimes it is safer than being tail gated by cars.

Please give space to motorcyclist. Lane splitting free up lots of space for car drivers during peak hours. Car drivers, please refrain from deliberate dangerous manoeuvre that will pressure motorcyclist. Cool it and let live. Thanks.

• Praise 1

i believe this kind of lane splitting culture came from Boleh Land, it wasnt a practice at driving/riding centre.

Not just in JB but also from all over the world [laugh].

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

By the law its illegal but if the rule is enforce not by just verbal warning i guess there will be much lesser accidents. Drivers are always fine for speeding and reckless driving, so why not bikes?

It could be of a lame reason that bikers don't earn so much? rahter doubtful about that

And reason for splitting culture is safer for bikers as claimed and not causing jams, if so we might as well be another china jammed pack with bicycles which would be a better idea.

Nowadays, bikers even keep horning while riding in between lanes like as if it is a legal thing.

So end of the day when an accident happens, it's always pointing to drivers not giving way.

motorcycles should like in other countries keep left BY LAW. along with the trucks lorries etc

the worst is those bicycle powered by motor , damm those bas-tards, ride on road without paying road tax,and worst part is road hogging and endanger their life and also our license.

hope LTA will enforce to summon them gao gao.

the worst is those bicycle powered by motor , damm those bas-tards, ride on road without paying road tax,and worst part is road hogging and endanger their life and also our license.

hope LTA will enforce to summon them gao gao.

that one already came out in the papers before. as long as dont cross a certain speed, not considered "motorcycle".

i believe this kind of lane splitting culture came from Boleh Land, it wasnt a practice at driving/riding centre.

So in your analogy, we must have learn spitting from China,and giving others the finger from the Americans.

Yes, there was one bike this morning travelling on the line splitting the 2 lanes. And maybe I was a little close to him, but he horned at me. If he is travelling in front of me in the middle of the lane, I have no issues with that. If I find the bike too slow, at the most I high beam to get him to move left. But I usually will wait for the chance to overtake him on the right lane.

And I saw a big truck travelling on ECP lane 2 this morning. Seems like I am keeping left more often than these big truck drivers.

i agree, last month got one bike just love to road hog at the most right lane with 85km/h, i was like %$#@ damn irritated as the whole right lane empty and this stupid bike think he fast road hog few cars including me and behind me about 3-4 cars

↡ Advertisement