Dealer making a huge profit?

Whatisthis04

Their margin normally is 7-12k, I think at times like this, 15k is alright. They are businessmen that come up with such high capital in the first place, I think they deserve to earn this much if there is demand.

Noting new la...also to inform potential buyer that this car is overpriced.

technically almost everything in singapore is overpriced. it's just whether how much are you willing to pay for.

Willing buyer, willing seller. No big deal. The authorised dealer (VGS) themselves are already making huge profits considering how cheap a VW is in other markets besides Singapore.

this is not "huge" profit, this is normal profit. He has to make enough to cover salaries, rent, unsold inventory....and must have enough reserves to withstand low periods in business.

I would say, for the "average" business, if there can be such a term, 100% profit is a "normal" profit.

This vw tiguan was on sale by owner at $98k

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...700&DL=1000

Dealer bought and selling it for $13.8k

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...895&DL=1156

A whopping $15k profit sia....

The Coe of this car very low ard $3k only.

i traded in my car recently for high 70s, it was listed at mid 90s and sold within 2 weeks.

buyer willing to pay the price, nothing much we can say.

anyway new cars are overpriced too.

Car buyers don't trust another car owner.

Car buyers like to to buy more expensively from dealers who promised them easy loan and paper work!!

For that car buyers pay $10,000 more..

WiKlimt buyers mentality.

Of course they have to buy it cheaply, imagine if the poor dealer buys your car slightly lesser than market rate, than no one buys the car for a year, are you going to help him cough up the lost if he only manage to sell the car a year later??? We have to be fair to them as well.

At the end of the day, they r doing a business. As long as they don't resort to dishonest method such as saying it is accident free when it is not, changing the mileage etc, marking up the price is juz a way of ensuring profitability.

At least they r upfront abt their price, instead of like some low integrity car dealers who will list a low price but will say this must add in, tat must add in, until not so low anymore....

The choice is urs.

business are created to make profits, employees work to earn a wage..i dun see what's wrong with that

there are no angelic businessmen, only misinformed consumers [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Moral of the story, buy from direct owners!!

If the direct owner cannot afford to full settle his loan , then a dealer again will come into this picture too :)

↡ Advertisement