2007 Nissan Latio engine loud rumbling noise at low speed

Texen

Hi all

I have a 2007 Nissan Latio (Premium with CVT gearbox) that produces rumbling noise at low speed or when the engine is experiencing load. The noise is especially evident at cold start and the noise got louder over the past whole year. I brought it to a mechanic and was told initially that the engine mounting might be damaged. Then when i urged the mechanic to confirm again, I was told that the catalytic converter might be the one vibrating and causing the issue.

Any bro here got the same problem as me? anyone know whats wrong?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i am also facing this prob. 2006 latio 4at. is it a low rumbling vibrating sound occasionally when idle at d gear. the sound seem to be coming from the front dashboard area.

Sorry to hear that. If I were you, I would go back to Tan Chong workshop. Afterall, they are more experienced in their vehicle type. It definitely more expensive than those general workshop but at least you're more assured the problem will be isolated. Checking is free I suppose. Repairing is not. You get my drift?

Mine 05 Lation CVT... Same issue, found to be due to Exhaust mis-aligned (most likely knocked it when reverse parking). Since its not causing any problems Tan Chong recommend live with it.. :)

It comes out around 1.5k - 2k rpm right? Once you high speed its goes away.... also, initially only happens during rain, but now cold mornings too...

yes yes!!! exactly the same. The exhaust of the car is extremely easy to get hit.

Then i guess it makes sense that there is something wrong with the catalytic converter. Its not causing any problem but its very annoying and makes selling the car less easy.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi All, I have the same problem with my Latio 1.5A Premium. Low whirling noise when car starts to pick up and accelerate. When the noise started, I have just passed the 3-year warranty period and mileage was only about 50,000km. Went to Tan Chong and they told me its gearbox transmission problem which they will not bear the repair cos warranty period is over!!! Repair will cost $3,500 and one-week without car! So damn angry.. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN CAR! I promise!

Edited by Heartsz

bro, get another opinion from outside mechanics such as autosaver or autoaid.

if your symptons is exactly the same as Tiger21 due to exhaust misaligned, it can be fixed FOC during your servicing.

Hi All, I have the same problem with my Latio 1.5A Premium. Low whirling noise when car starts to pick up and accelerate. When the noise started, I have just passed the 3-year warranty period and mileage was only about 50,000km. Went to Tan Chong and they told me its gearbox transmission problem which they will not bear the repair cos warranty period is over!!! Repair will cost $3,500 and one-week without car! So damn angry.. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN CAR! I promise!

The premium version have this common problem, it's CVT gear box.. that's y, get the basic 4-speed one is a wise choice.

Try bring to Auto AiD, Enterprise One @ Toh Guan Road East.

The mech are from TC before.

i disagree. bring back to Tan Chong is the best

Neutral Newbie

Apart from the noise, did u encounter difficulties in up shifting of gears as u accelerate from stop? And jerking when the gear changes? If answer is no to both of above, you might want to consider changing your cvt oil and flush the gearbox as well.

Lastly, did u manage to narrow down the source of the noise? Low whirling noise is common for Latio with window visors. Could that be the cause?

Neutral Newbie

Has the same problem and went to check with 2 ws in JB.. Both identified the noise coming from e alternator. Anyone knows the cost of changing this locally? Was advised to buy the part in spore and bring over for them to change as parts more ex up north. Thanks

Has the same problem and went to check with 2 ws in JB.. Both identified the noise coming from e alternator. Anyone knows the cost of changing this locally? Was advised to buy the part in spore and bring over for them to change as parts more ex up north. Thanks

becareful when bringing in your own parts to JB. If custom finds out. The parts are liable for tax. So do your maths.

The premium version have this common problem, it's CVT gear box.. that's y, get the basic 4-speed one is a wise choice.

How to know which year is 4-speed auto?

Neutral Newbie

the entire lineup of nissan family car are boring

Turbocharged

How to know which year is 4-speed auto?

simple, mine is 4At sedan, if im not wrong, only 4at gear box has no signal light on the wing mirror... if have signal light on wing mirror, it's cvt... [:p]

Turbocharged

btw, why are replying to his post? he register on the same day, post that reply and never come back ever since...... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

mine has the same problem during pickup as well. low rumbling and vibration at around 1.5k rpm. using cvt gearbox. Also, when I release accelerator, sometimes it suddenly jerks when the speed is around 40km/hr. Does anyone know what is the problem?

↡ Advertisement