2007 Nissan Latio engine loud rumbling noise at low speed

Texen

mine has the same problem during pickup as well. low rumbling and vibration at around 1.5k rpm. using cvt gearbox. Also, when I release accelerator, sometimes it suddenly jerks when the speed is around 40km/hr. Does anyone know what is the problem?

What is your mileage? If above 100k km, get the ignition coils check and flush the gear box oil.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

What is your mileage? If above 100k km, get the ignition coils check and flush the gear box oil.

Mileage 120K. You mean engine vibration is due to ignition coil and jerky is due to gear box oil?

Mileage 120K. You mean engine vibration is due to ignition coil and jerky is due to gear box oil?

Possibly, vibrations might be due to misfire, worn mounting...etc.

Latio ignition coil is prone to damaged above 100k km.

Do you suffer a loss of power at pick up? Are there vibrations while car is at D and stationary?

PM me if you need the mechanics contact

My Latio had a constant metal clinking sound at low speeds and small throttle accelerations.

Tan Chong told me that it was due to engine pinging and all that was done was always engine retuning and they told me to use RON98 petrol. However the sound got louder and louder and more frequent and the computer codes always showed that the engine had nothing wrong. Any light accelerations would always result in a "clak-clak-clak-clak" sound. I also had the engine mountings changed at 120k km on my own accord.

A third party workshop diagnosed it as a loose timing chain that had stretched overtime due to a weak timing chain tensioner.

Neutral Newbie

mine has the same problem during pickup as well. low rumbling and vibration at around 1.5k rpm. using cvt gearbox. Also, when I release accelerator, sometimes it suddenly jerks when the speed is around 40km/hr. Does anyone know what is the problem?

Hi,

Have you tried cleaning your throttle body and tuning your ECU? For the jerking when you release accelerator.. did you gradually release your accelerator or you one shot release?

u using shell petrol? For my Altis dont know why, Shell Petrol will give rough feeling with low rumbling sound at around 2k onwards (initially a bit shoik like sports car but soon its irritating when the sound does not comes with performance)...change to Caltex upon reading some other forums...almost immediate change...much smoother.....i have no explanation.

My friend told me exhaust, Autobac told me nothing wrong, just went thru major servicing with AD...they blame my tyres (indeed my tyres very loud liao) ....now i recently pump Shell 97 again, rough low rumbling sound come back again.....will try Caltex again to see if really petrol got influence.

Hi All,

Please advice. Car started to have whistling sound from front left hand side and it started to vibrate at low speed, driving to a stop and also reversing. The exhaust practically the whole car is vibrating.

What can be wrong with the car? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Hi good morning Nissan users,

1) Was wondering if it is good buying a second hand Latio around 3yrs used, with STA certified "A". Interiors & exteriors of the cars is very well kept.

Any particular points to look at, suggestions & guidance we very welcome.

2) Also as I understand, Latio is no more sold in Singapore, will there be a problem in spare parts if I intend to use it for 4-5 yrs,

3) and if the discontinuation will effect the resale say If I upgrade after 3-4 yrs?

Thanks

vicky

Neutral Newbie

Hi good morning Nissan users,

1) Was wondering if it is good buying a second hand Latio around 3yrs used, with STA certified "A". Interiors & exteriors of the cars is very well kept.

Any particular points to look at, suggestions & guidance we very welcome.

2) Also as I understand, Latio is no more sold in Singapore, will there be a problem in spare parts if I intend to use it for 4-5 yrs,

3) and if the discontinuation will effect the resale say If I upgrade after 3-4 yrs?

Thanks

Tia

Neutral Newbie

Apart from the noise, did u encounter difficulties in up shifting of gears as u accelerate from stop? And jerking when the gear changes? If answer is no to both of above, you might want to consider changing your cvt oil and flush the gearbox as well.

Lastly, did u manage to narrow down the source of the noise? Low whirling noise is common for Latio with window visors. Could that be the cause?

Valles, I had this problem you mentioned. My workshop had changed the gear oil, but a few months later the problem came back again. Only happen with gear one.