Malaysia: Flood in Malaysia

Ben5266

Went to JB yesterday... most of the highway is ok.....

But u can see the water level @ the river quite high.....Area to avoid Kota Tinggi, Segamat....

Best to avoid kampong area.....

• Praise 1

Hard to determine as it is still raining. Till date only know certain area in Johor is flooded. (Kluang & Segamat & some parts of Batu Pahat)

Do drive with precaution and slowly and keep it a festive season. Love yourself and others.

• Praise 2

come come uncle help

http://twitter.com/plustrafik

in bahasa... keywords:

trafik: traffic

lancar : smooth

l/raya: e'way

arah: direction

selatan: south

utara: north

banjir:flood

perlahan: slow

semua lorong: all lanes

boleh: can

dilalui: pass

drive safe!

• Praise 1

thinking of going to malacca and K.L this weekend, should i proceed?

My worry is, if the car gets caught in the flood, it will be difficult and expensive to tow the car back to Singapore over the festive days. Most workshops will be closed. For those that are open, they may charge exhorbitant fees.

I heard many Malaysians who work in Singapore have been badly affected by the flood.

The coach which takes them home to celebrate CNY needs to be re-scheduled.

173km...near to pagoh area...sound bad as only heavy vehicle can pass thru

You are right. It's just before Malacca if your travelling from S'pore. Road condition are still food in that stretch of road, tho you can still see water ponding in the plantation next to it. Some plantations looks more like swamp/river.

My worry is, if the car gets caught in the flood, it will be difficult and expensive to tow the car back to Singapore over the festive days. Most workshops will be closed. For those that are open, they may charge exhorbitant fees.

I am more concerd for your safety, as some cars already swept away by flood there. Next crocodiles snapping at you.

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

the cost of towing the car back to singapore is a WOW!:wacko:

the repair cost of overhaul the engine is also WOW!:wacko:

i ever hear of the technician , flood car is the worst car to buy ever. if anyone buy it , be prepare for high maintenace and low performance.

• Praise 1

Flood in KL after sudden downpour. Hope no SG cars happen to be there.

reminds me of Orchard Road. Eh, it's been a while, here. Keep it that way.

post-114176-0-88456200-1412174899_thumb.png

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/01/flash-flood-KL-cars-submerged/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

KUALA LUMPUR: Hundreds of motorists were left stranded during the evening rush hour on Wednesday after their vehicles were partially submerged in a parking lot along Jalan Pinang due to flash floods following heavy rain here.

The downpour lasted approximately one and a half hours, ending at about 6pm.

Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) operations centre confirmed that the areas were flooded but could not comment on water levels.

Traffic at Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Ampang came to a complete stop when water levels rose rapidly, while the pedestrian bridge at the Chan Sow Lin LRT station was closed due to flash floods at Jalan Yaacob Latif near the Cheras roundabout tunnel.

• Praise 1

city flash flood ... 100% due to poor city planning and massive over development -> this is what happen to orchard road flood

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1