Malaysia: Flood in Malaysia

Ben5266

not once in fifty years theory? [sly]

city flash flood ... 100% due poor city planning and massive over development -> this is what happen to orchard road flood

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If u happen to drive through flood, here are the few steps recommended to do by Thaiyotakamli :D

1. Put gear into D1

2. Drive slowly at the constant speed of less than 20

3. Try not to stop in the middle

4. Turn off aircon

5. Find the side of flood that less deep by observing vehicles ahead

P.s if u observe the flood is higher than the wheel arc, I suggest you to detour or find other route

However if ur car is Range Rover Discovery or Q7, u wont need these methods [laugh]

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 6

If u happen to drive through flood, here are the few steps recommended to do by Thaiyotakamli :D

1. Put gear into D1

4. Turn off aircon

P.s if u observe the flood is higher than the wheel arc, I suggest you to detour or find other route

However if ur car is Range Rover Discovery or Q7, u wont need these methods [laugh]

Thanks for the above info. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

1. Put gear into D1

4. Turn off aircon

Last time was recommended if water higher than half of wheel....its too deep. [shocked]

Also watch the bow wave in front. If it is higher than the front top of bonnet....slow down. Dun let the bow wave reach as high as the top of the front of the bonnet. This also applies to Range Rover etc. Unless u have a snorkel for the car.

Also after passing tru high water u wil need to dry yr brakes. After clear of the high water....drive slowly in low gear n press lightly on yr brakes till u feel them gripping again.

Otherwise u just drive off then when u need to stop quickly u press the brakes n the car just keep moving. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

Last time was recommended if water higher than half of wheel....its too deep. [shocked]

Also watch the bow wave in front. If it is higher than the front top of bonnet....slow down. Dun let the bow wave reach as high as the top of the front of the bonnet. This also applies to Range Rover etc. Unless u have a snorkel for the car.

Also after passing tru high water u wil need to dry yr brakes. After clear of the high water....drive slowly in low gear n press lightly on yr brakes till u feel them gripping again.

Otherwise u just drive off then when u need to stop quickly u press the brakes n the car just keep moving. [sweatdrop]

Wheel height is ok actually if flood not much in distance. Think height shouldnt be like the bmw in picture

Its true that after flood u need tap brakes continously to dry off the brake, forgot to mention in my post haha

Oh ya forgot to say, bring a pail lol

U might need it like in this case in Jakarta last year

Owner become driver, driver sit behind haha

post-61366-0-48382500-1412261679.jpg

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

10612786_10154689005095195_5968886531836

10646799_10154689005110195_6650296069804

No proper drainage system, that's probably why.

2nd pic can see the silver car pushing his luck. [drivingcar]

3rd pic I think he already stopped moving. [bigcry]

2nd pic can see the silver car pushing his luck. [drivingcar]

3rd pic I think he already stopped moving. [bigcry]

He stop he even more jialat lol

If no car pass through dont try ur luck

I think his engine(silver car) stalled already. Also the white SUV in front. That one almost made it tru. [shakehead]

If I see road in front flooded.I wil wait n watch another similar car pass tru first n see how deep the water gets Only then can judge how deep n if sud risk it or not n turn back. [drivingcar][sweatdrop]

Edited by Pisces69

Water enter exhaust not so bad. Most engine stalled.

If water gets sucked into the air intake is much more serious. If water enters the cylinders....it can cause serious engine damage like con rod bent/break.

This is cos only air can b compressed in the cylinders. Water cannot. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

Wheel height is ok actually if flood not much in distance. Think height shouldnt be like the bmw in picture

Its true that after flood u need tap brakes continously to dry off the brake, forgot to mention in my post haha

Oh ya forgot to say, bring a pail lol

U might need it like in this case in Jakarta last year

Owner become driver, driver sit behind haha

U see the Rolls. Water only slightly above half the wheel n it stalled already.

The guy trying to push that car in deep water. Good luck to him.

He thinking this car owner damm rich. Sure give me 1,000,000 rupiah if I help to push his car out of the flood.

Edited by Pisces69
  • Praise 1

Water enter exhaust not so bad. Most engine stalled.

If water gets sucked into the air intake is much more serious. If water enters the cylinders....it can cause serious engine damage like con rod bent/break.

This is cos only air can b compressed in the cylinders. Water cannot. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

Yes need engine overhaul liao

If only enter exhaust can clear by throttling the engine

U see the Rolls. Water only slightly above half the wheel n it stalled already.

The guy trying to push that car in deep water. Good luck to him.

He thinking this car owner damm rich. Sure give me 1,000,000 rupiah if I help to push his car out of the flood.

Yes at first still ok not so high

Then like in pic haha

post-61366-0-89435600-1412264147.jpg

post-61366-0-89953000-1412264153_thumb.jpg

city flash flood ... 100% due to poor city planning and massive over development -> this is what happen to orchard road flood

Malaysia side usually don't clear their long kang, sometimes can even see trees grown in their big long kang, sure flood when sudden downpour la...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2