Kanna conned in Chinatown when buying Mo Chi

Yaloryalor

Last night my fren went to Chinatown to do some last min shopping.

Walked passed a big corner stall selling Mo Chi and pudding (diagonal opposite the 腊肉 stall). He already bought some previously so tot of buy a little bit more. It was priced at $1 per 100g.

He took about 500g (est) and went to the counter for payment. The guy told him to choose another 5 pcs, FOC. When he turn his head to take another 5 pcs. The counter guy grabbed many pcs and put inside his plastic bag. When asked tat guy, he say he is giving 200g FOC. Then he weighed and told my fren $20!

My fren say he dun wan so many and asked the counter guy to put back but that guy insisted its not a lot. It was very crowded so my fren jus forget it and paid $20.

Be careful when you guys buying from them. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Last night my fren went to Chinatown to do some last min shopping.

Walked passed a big corner stall selling Mo Chi and pudding (diagonal opposite the 腊肉 stall). He already bought some previously so tot of buy a little bit more. It was priced at $1 per 100g.

He took about 500g (est) and went to the counter for payment. The guy told him to choose another 5 pcs, FOC. When he turn his head to take another 5 pcs. The counter guy grabbed many pcs and put inside his plastic bag. When asked tat guy, he say he is giving 200g FOC. Then he weighed and told my fren $20!

My fren say he dun wan so many and asked the counter guy to put back but that guy insisted its not a lot. It was very crowded so my fren jus forget it and paid $20.

Be careful when you guys buying from them. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

typical MO for these con men la

every year the same one [laugh] [laugh]

No doubt the stall holder is playing punk, but your friend also stupid. Kenna carrot liao dun wan to walk away and still pay the money? Really dumbass [laugh]

20 bucks means 2kg??

that's 4 times the original amt lor

Why is it that singaporeans still feel the obligation to pay for something that the owner demand?

I mean we always don't want to creat a scene. Or don't want to embarrassed ourself with friends around(aka showing we cannot afford something cheap, etc).

This mentality should change.

There is no danger when we refuse to buy. The owner will not send his men to punch and kick the buyer.

Or was it the fear of swayness, should we walked away and the owner were to cursed us for not buying?

I keep reading and hearing such stories year in year out.

Just don't pay and walk away...no one asked you to pay for the expensive plate of rice at some food court. No one hold a knife to ask you to pay $20 for mo chi.

Stand up and walk away.

$1 per 100g.. how come become $20? ur friend buy 2kg?

i think this kind of thing happen last year.. in fact i believe happen evey year just that it was not reported..

if i am ur friend, i would have walk away..

i think it is possible to find the same thing in another stall or some other place.

You are not the 1st one who complaint abt this issue. Every year someone will complain this con issue again and again ...

if you think you are not happy with what you are buying, dun buy and just walk away ...

No doubt the stall holder is playing punk, but your friend also stupid. Kenna carrot liao dun wan to walk away and still pay the money? Really dumbass [laugh]

The stall was crowded and he dun wan to further spoil his new year mood.

Turbocharged

happened to me before.. i said don't want already, the guy insisted and put some more 'foc' in the bag

still charge the same amount. i said too much, he persisted, then finally told him i don't want already, then the guy face black black. he can't do anything to me anyway.. he got to move on to other carrots.. where got time to waste on me [laugh]

similar tactic used when you buy durians...just got to be firm [flowerface]

$1 per 100g.. how come become $20? ur friend buy 2kg?

i think this kind of thing happen last year.. in fact i believe happen evey year just that it was not reported..

if i am ur friend, i would have walk away..

i think it is possible to find the same thing in another stall or some other place.

My fren told me the bag was really much heavier after the stall owner put extra mo chi inside. He meant the actual weight of the mo chi could be 2kg or slightly more.

↡ Advertisement