Eat full nothing to do question on old car number

Chongster

Hey guys

i came across an ad in another forum i go to, a bro there selling a SCK97C car plate for $15,000.

Really got this kind of money for such a number? If not what would be a reasonable price for such a number?

personally, I wouldn't pay $1500 for it.

would appreciate any edification from the car experts here on the hang cheng for car plate numbers.

thanks and gongxifacai!

↡ Advertisement

It's depends whether the number got special meaning to you. If there is, u wld paid $15K for a set of number.

SCK series quite a long car plate, think shld be somewhere in 1995/1996, so i guess base on 16 yrs and 2 digit number, the owner sure sell high. [rolleyes]

IMO, this totally depends on perception and how deep your pocket is...

There is no hard/fast guidelines on what is the cost of ANY numbers... Like # 1, you think it's 100K, others might think 500K, some might think it's $10...

IMO, this totally depends on perception and how deep your pocket is...

There is no hard/fast guidelines on what is the cost of ANY numbers... Like # 1, you think it's 100K, others might think 500K, some might think it's $10...

$10 cannot even buy the plastic of the plates.

Unless ur name is Sim Chee Keong house no 97 if not I don't think this no would worth 15k

LOL good one. I sure think it is a lot of money to pay for a plate. But is there a hang cheng or a rough market gauge for used car numbers?

bro 13177, is the age of the number any relevant for SXX numbers? I can understand E series or S series got "antique" value, but the SXX series all look and feel the same to me.

LOL good one. I sure think it is a lot of money to pay for a plate. But is there a hang cheng or a rough market gauge for used car numbers?

bro 13177, is the age of the number any relevant for SXX numbers? I can understand E series or S series got "antique" value, but the SXX series all look and feel the same to me.

I think no matter whether the series of the car plate starts from E* or S* or even S**, if the combination of the number plus the series of the car plate very long, sure the car plate wld be able to fetch high price. Like the first batch of S** series car plate, eg. like SBB or SBC, this set of series might looks quite antique to some pple, and this series car plate at least 20 yr or more! [:)]

$10 cannot even buy the plastic of the plates.

Perception in the value of the numbers lah.. [:|] [:|] Not talking about the plastics or the materials for the numbers or even the transportation/admin fees involved in all these process.. [whip] [whip]

For those who r superduper rich, $15K is peanuts to them.

i know of a family tat lives in a bt timah huge house, and all their cars have super nice numbers (e.g. 6, 8, 66, 88). $15K is only a small fraction of the price of a bentley. [cool]

Don't quite understand/know how people can get around the rule that car number plates can only be transferred between cars belonging to same owner, still see companies in the business of selling car numbers, anyone knows?

For those who r superduper rich, $15K is peanuts to them.

i know of a family tat lives in a bt timah huge house, and all their cars have super nice numbers (e.g. 6, 8, 66, 88). $15K is only a small fraction of the price of a bentley. [cool]

Yeah but then the super rich would go for 6 8 66 88 and not 97. Does 97 mean anything in Cantonese shaghainese or hakka?

Btw rich people doesn't mean they will anyhow spend money. Many rich people are very careful with their money.

anyone can sell anything at any price.

it is only whether they can find buyer or not.

my opinion, for SCK97C, i rather use the $15k to bid for the next upcoming series.

SCK is nothing significant to me.