2. 2. Cat B COE Price

• Below $45,000
    • $45,001 to $50,000
    • $50,001 to $55,000
    • $55,001 to $60,000
    • $60,001 to $65,000
    • Above $65,000

February 2011 First Open Bidding Exercise For Certificates Of Entitlement

The details of the February 2011 first open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 7 February 2011, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 9 February 2011, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 9 February 2011

(Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 1,890 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A : Cars (1,600cc and below) & taxis 523

Category B : Cars (1,601cc and above) 431

Category D : Motorcycles 328

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C : Goods Vehicles and Buses 275

Category E : Open Category 333

↡ Advertisement

A Very Happy Chinese New Year to All MCF Bros and Sis', it's time for another round of COE!!!

Let make a rough guess to what will be the latest outcome of the COE on Feb.

Hmmm ... I think the COE prices are stabilising at the moment and unlikely to crash. I think the Govt is very smart in spreading out the COE reductions which means that runup to GE ... the COE prices will be stable! After GE with the next announcement of COE nos. ... it'll be difficult to predict how high it will climb! I think there will be another round of property correction ... but that's IMHO!

Hmmm ... I think the COE prices are stabilising at the moment and unlikely to crash. I think the Govt is very smart in spreading out the COE reductions which means that runup to GE ... the COE prices will be stable! After GE with the next announcement of COE nos. ... it'll be difficult to predict how high it will climb! I think there will be another round of property correction ... but that's IMHO!

yup. stabilising at a high price. just like property prices now. condition people to accept the situation.

Thought after Lunar New Year COE should dive happily? Then AD, used cars dealers, buyers, all happy?

It might not happen this yr. There were >1000 bidders for Cat A last time, and abt 400 of them didn't get the COE....and u nvr know whether the taxi companies will jump in last minute again.

Thought after Lunar New Year COE should dive happily? Then AD, used cars dealers, buyers, all happy?

Car dealer?

Was at Automobile megamart last weekend.

Saw a big poster on the glass panel of a, used to be big and famous PI.

The poster read... "For Lease. Call 9xxx xxxx."

Cars without plate still park inside the showroom.

not true leh. Just last year's cny period went to AML see civic type R and actually wanted to buy and the salesperson so damn confident and told me to wait for 2 weeks for COE price to drop then buy. Keh koh coe price go up hahaha no deal liao.

Neutral Newbie

It might not happen this yr. There were >1000 bidders for Cat A last time, and abt 400 of them didn't get the COE....and u nvr know whether the taxi companies will jump in last minute again.

tot taxi quota is already out of Cat A already..

actually, one time drop is better. that way will stabilise faster.

One easy way to check COE trend is to see number of bids the night before THE day. If COE going to crash, number of bids can be counted with 2 hands. Now cat A and B already 10% to 20% of quota. So you can deduce whether it will crash tomorrow, haha.