Vios (NCP42) problem

So_nice

very informative...im getting 06 vios too at 80k milage...i would like to straight away go to WS and do the necessary...problem is i don't know what to fix/change first...

any kind soul to help...thanks.

just for 1-2wks 1st. wind down your window and listen for any noise especially when turning.

join http://forum.vogs.net/ to find out more also....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi guys, i just got a secondhand car (like a week ago) and sent the car for service at Riverview Moto. My car is vios 1.5 A E at around 100K+.

The Uncle at the shop showed me that my front wheels shock got oil leaking and asked if i want to change. i asked him how much, it come up to almost $800+ (for all 4-wheels, included the labour cost and change of lower arm front- he mentioned Tokico, which i think it's a brand of the item).

I'm completely no idea about all this, so i wanna do some research first and come across the topic in the forum.

Anyway, below are my questions. Hoping that you all experts could help me out.

1. is it urgent to change?

2. does the price right? if not any alternative or recommendation?

3. is it dangerous, if i leave it for a while before changing?

4. Any recommendation, how can i handle this? i don't wanna be a little roasted pig for the Workshop dinner...

by the way, my car service cost around $335 (included tax) change engine oil and filter ($85) , change battery ($106), air filter & cabin filter ($42) Rotate & balance tyres ($20) & labour charge around ($60)..are this reasonable cost?

thanks in advance, guys

Edited by JMonster

hi guys, i just got a secondhand car (like a week ago) and sent the car for service at Riverview Moto. My car is vios 1.5 A E at around 100K+.

The Uncle at the shop showed me that my front wheels shock got oil leaking and asked if i want to change. i asked him how much, it come up to almost $800+ (for all 4-wheels, included the labour cost and change of lower arm front- he mentioned Tokico, which i think it's a brand of the item).

I'm completely no idea about all this, so i wanna do some research first and come across the topic in the forum.

4. Any recommendation, how can i handle this? i don't wanna be a little roasted pig for the Workshop dinner...

by the way, my car service cost around $335 (included tax) change engine oil and filter ($85) , change battery ($106), air filter & cabin filter ($42) Rotate & balance tyres ($20) & labour charge around ($60)..are this reasonable cost?

thanks in advance, guys

2nd hand Vios still cost 100K+ [knife]

You can choose many NEW car with that price. [blush]

Sorry if I offended you....

thanks in advance, guys

No need to change. I drove them from day one till9.5 years old.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, I meant 100+km now, sorry I wasn't be specific.

But thanks for all your replys so I guess it's not nessecarry that I have to change it now.

May be next service which is Dec 2015 or next few months.

okay got it fixed. the front right absorber died. no leak but somewhat jammed. to save labour cost, i changed both the front absorbers. set me bk by $214. didnt noe stock absorbers so ex.

changed drive 2 worn shaft covers (dunno wat u call tat) and my wipers..total damage $400. plus alignment and hi-speed balancing, total bill $460. huat ah!

Drive shaft cover can change at elite in sing ming at $60 per cover. Front pair will only set you off by $120 nett. High speed alignment at Kenny will only cost you $50 at Kenny alignment, wiper a pair at most $25.

Total price only $205 nett.

thanks in advance, guys

Too expensive in my opinion (for all 4 absorber) if it is Tokico.

You can get it from Stockist – Ric-Tat at Owen Road, for front @ $75 & rear @ $65. Total $75 x2 + $65 x 2 = $280; Front Lower Suspension Arm is $98 per piece. Typical labor is $40 per shock absorber change.

Please check with them the price again as this is the price that I know around 2 years ago.

Curious why change front lower suspension arm unless car exhibiting a wobbling in the steering wheel at high speed say 80km/h, due to too much wheel movement and may hearing clunking noise when going over a bump or pothole in the road.

1. No urgent to change if you do not mind the comfort. Some people don’t mind or don’t even feel it at all till someone remind.

2. At that price, you can opt for better shock such as KYB, instead of Tokico. They are of similar comfort level.

3. No danger.

4. Ask around different workshops or go to stockist to buy the parts and pay the labor to workshop to get it change.

Seem ok on engine oil and filter but not sure what engine oil you are getting. Hope at least of fully synthesis & not mineral. Original Air filter from stockist is $10 while typical cabin filter cost around $15 to $38 for Cairefresh Cabin Air-conditioner Filter. Amaron Battery - HI-LIFE 55B24LS 45Ah cost around $100.

Thank you for the reply, it's help a lot. I gonna go check it out...

No need to change. My ex vios on stock suspension and shock absorber since day one and had been so til 9.5 years old at 150000km. It then became hard suspension or rather jammed. But since can drive.

hi guys, it's me again.

i got a qoute of $320 for Front & rear shock absorber, have you guys heard of "NuteQ" brand? compare with KYB or Tokico

is the price right?

thanks again guys

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Guys,

Driving an old NCP42. I would like to know is it possible to disable the auto hazzard light when the door open? Is kind of irritating...

Thanks in advanced. :)

Edited by Strobe
↡ Advertisement