Vios (NCP42) problem

So_nice

Hi Guys,

Driving an old NCP42. I would like to know is it possible to disable the auto hazzard light when the door open? Is kind of irritating...

Thanks in advanced. :)

That should be due to the alarm you have. Any accessories shop installing alarm system will be able to help

Neutral Newbie

@strobe merged your thread here.

Thanks. :)

That should be due to the alarm you have. Any accessories shop installing alarm system will be able to help

Thanks, will check it out.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Any idea what is the spec of the alternator? Can ncp42 use 60AH battery?

If no, then what is the max it can support?

Thanks... :)

Just changed my NCP93 Vios rear absorber (KYB Malaysia) in JB @ RM350 incl. installation. Softer than Tokico and more comfy. 

bro can PM me your source? i want to change front and rear, ncp42. how long was the down time?

bro can PM me your source? i want to change front and rear, ncp42. how long was the down time?

HIGH TECH AUTO SERVICE CENTRE

9, Jalan Sri Orkid 32, Taman Sri Orkid, 81300 Skudai, Johor Bahru.

Tel: 0167925823

By the way this is the OEM Kayaba brand, one of the Toyota OEM shock absorber supplier in Malaysia. Genuine Toyota packaging might fetch higher price. Price might change due to the bad ringgit depreciation... Down time just 1-2 hours if you made an appointment....

HIGH TECH AUTO SERVICE CENTRE

9, Jalan Sri Orkid 32, Taman Sri Orkid, 81300 Skudai, Johor Bahru.

Tel: 0167925823

By the way this is the OEM Kayaba brand, one of the Toyota OEM shock absorber supplier in Malaysia. Genuine Toyota packaging might fetch higher price. Price might change due to the bad ringgit depreciation... Down time just 1-2 hours if you made an appointment....

Very kind of you for sharing, appreciate it bro!

Neutral Newbie

to my surprise, my vibrating problem is solved too!

i bought a k&n drop-in and proceeded to change out the OEM filter. drove it around and the vibrating problem is gone. the car is now quiet and slient when idle. lolx

Hey bro.

How was it after few months later with the K&N air filter ?

My car's having the exact problem now.

When i shift in Gear N, vibrate slighty, when it's in Gear D and moves slow it vibrates alot.

Opened up bonnet, i can see the air filter box shakes/vibrates, instead of the engine.

Mechanic told me he can tell that the engine mounts are not good from the vibration of the steering wheel.

suggested me to change engine mounts. Shop quoted me $400 /set exclude Labour Fees  ( 3 piece ) - Original he said. 

Secondly,

this might be out of topic abit, since i finally found NCP42 owners here.

hopefully sifus here can help me out on this.

it's about the front suspension, 

when i go over uneven road / holes / small bumps with normal 10-30 km/h , i can hear nuts loosing /hitting another steel sounds (not very loud but with window rolled down definitely can hear *cling cling cling* )

Already changed Satay link / Stabiilzier bar Rubber / Front & Rear Absorber / Absorber mounts,

Still can hear the sound, suspected the brake caliper, because when i step brake very slight thru the road, no sound.

Mechanic said can't really tell what's the problem as it's not serious enough, need see by eyes.

Third, 

anyone absorber mounts are uneven ?

my car left side looks nice, but right side got a gap.

Million thanks if anyone can solve these problems. 

post-249115-0-82728800-1546402766_thumb.jpg

post-249115-0-49168500-1546402776_thumb.jpg

Hey bro.

When i shift in Gear N, vibrate slighty, when it's in Gear D and moves slow it vibrates alot.

Opened up bonnet, i can see the air filter box shakes/vibrates, instead of the engine.

Mechanic told me he can tell that the engine mounts are not good from the vibration of the steering wheel.

suggested me to change engine mounts. Shop quoted me $400 /set exclude Labour Fees  ( 3 piece ) - Original he said. 

Secondly,

when i go over uneven road / holes / small bumps with normal 10-30 km/h , i can hear nuts loosing /hitting another steel sounds (not very loud but with window rolled down definitely can hear *cling cling cling* )

Already changed Satay link / Stabiilzier bar Rubber / Front & Rear Absorber / Absorber mounts,

Still can hear the sound, suspected the brake caliper, because when i step brake very slight thru the road, no sound.

Mechanic said can't really tell what's the problem as it's not serious enough, need see by eyes.

Third, 

I replaced all my 3 engine mounts for Vios (manual) recently.  You can find the details below.  If you need more details on the stockist and workshop, I can PM you.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2688054-engine-mount/?p=6585716

Neutral Newbie

I replaced all my 3 engine mounts for Vios (manual) recently.  You can find the details below.  If you need more details on the stockist and workshop, I can PM you.

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2688054-engine-mount/?p=6585716

Hey bro, yea please pm me. i just changed my spark plug & air filter, but the vibrations are still there. and it annoys me alot. XD

thanks alot ! 

Hey bro, yea please pm me. i just changed my spark plug & air filter, but the vibrations are still there. and it annoys me alot. XD

thanks alot !

I have PM you the details. Most likely the vibrations and irritating metal scraping noise are from broken engine mount.

Hey bro.

suggested me to change engine mounts. Shop quoted me $400 /set exclude Labour Fees ( 3 piece ) - Original he said.

Secondly,

Third,

Hi bro, I’ve traded in my Vios in 2016. Your vibration problem seems to be engine mounting. Ncp42 if I didn’t remember wrongly is 3 mounting one. I changed before and after that the vibration gone. It’s not uncommon for a more then 10 year old car to have this issue.

Your absorber does look alittle uneven on both sides. Might wanna get another workshop to check for you. If need contacts can pm me

Neutral Newbie

Hey Bros,

Really appreciate all your replies and assist.

i got a set of 3 pcs of mounts of brand Schmaco priced around RM290 with labour RM180.

but 1 of the mount bracket screw hole are not even with car, so mechanic had to knock it and fit it in,

anyway, the car feels like new now, hopefully it can last long.

For the sound coming from the front suspension or brake caliper.

Mechanic found that its a small piece of pad clip (springy) that was not holding the brake pad tight enough,

that's why when car go though uneven / holes got noise.

Now after he applied some grease on it, the noise are gone, for temporary only.  

might need to find the anti-rattle clip to replace it.

Hope this little info can help out some brothers out there with this annoying rattle sound issue.

the absorber mounts memang are uneven, but mehcanic said wont effect alot, probably the rubber inside are not hard enough.

Bros, another out of topic question suggestion,

Michelin XM2 or PS3.  [laugh]

Rim 15"

At 87,000km, all this problems appear liao

watch out for your dry shaft oso, many frens

driving Altis and Vios got this problems.

Toyota is not like before.

Ha... Those Toyota loyalists will say u r a fake acc..

Don't know why so many vios bashers around, maybe I'm the odd one out. Anyway all my friends who bought vios are happy with their rides.

Back to the question. Vios only has 3 engine mountings, should be less than $200. Shock absorbers 400 plus. How do I know? Because I've just changed mine recently. Shocks should last around 80k km, engine mounting depends, I changed mine at 160k.

Btw, my vios is already 7 years old and counting, 170k km done. Itching to change but crazy prices now :(

Very typical Toyota loyalists behavior.

Ppl share experiences = bashers

Can't accept the fact that things have changed

↡ Advertisement