Anyone using DirectAsia?

Majordan

how is their customer service? are claims easy? their prices seem unbeatable by a wide margin

Every insurance company is the same. When there is no claim, their customer service is very good. When you sell your car, they refund un-used balance promptly.

But if there is a claim, they will find excuse not to pay you. These cheaper premium insurance tend to be very picky when the claim amount gets huge. There are cases where they picked on non-original rims to throw out the claims.

Since we need to have a valid insurance to pay road tax, just take these cheaper insurance as passport to pay road tax. Small accidents just pay spray painting shop by yourself. Thrid party claim (not your fault) is never an issue.

Small accidents just pay spray painting shop by yourself. Thrid party claim (not your fault) is never an issue.

3rd party claim for DA is AN ISSUE bro.

im also w DA...for the 2nd year. one thing to note they wil AUTO renew your insurance and inform u via letter and the onus is on you to inform them to cancel. anyw i hv made no claims so cant comment on the claims part, only thing is they are indeed the cheapest for my car.

3rd party claim for DA is AN ISSUE bro.

For 3rd party claim you don't need to show your car to DA. So how can it be a problem? Workshop will claim straight from other party's insurance after repair.

im getting ridiculous quote from DA and Avi. All above S$800+

Lowest i got is from MSIG (S$600) and RSA (S$750) for my Nissan Sunny.

Both deal direct, didnt go thru broker as i find it a waste of time.

50%NCD,

indoor work,

age 35

Edited by Mcf777

For 3rd party claim you don't need to show your car to DA. So how can it be a problem? Workshop will claim straight from other party's insurance after repair.

Mamamia provided the reasons in the other thread in his Post # 143 and Post # 144

The other one who gave adverse comment about DA is Limws1 Post #130 in that thread which was older.

Therefore, it is advisable for policy holders to be aware of such unfair policies of such insurers which is not practiced by some other insurance companies with similar or cheaper premiums.

I can only comment half. All services EXCLUDING claims is excellent. Payment is flexible. Can be as easy on pockets as to pay 2 months premium installments upfront and every month deduct from credit/ debit card. very rare kind of payment. When call them, I have never waited more than 3 minutes to speak to someone. But be careful when they send you a renewal quote. Once you receive that quote, go online to their website and get another quote. If you can get a lower quote online, they will honour lowest quote no questions asked. However, they are unable to answer me why their initial quote is higher.

As for accident claims, i no experience and hope never will.

im also w DA...for the 2nd year. one thing to note they wil AUTO renew your insurance and inform u via letter and the onus is on you to inform them to cancel. anyw i hv made no claims so cant comment on the claims part, only thing is they are indeed the cheapest for my car.

thanks bro. I am not aware of the auto-renewal thingy. So far, none of the other insurance companies did this to me.

I will ask DA to opt me out of this auto-renewal.

thanks bro. I am not aware of the auto-renewal thingy. So far, none of the other insurance companies did this to me.

I will ask DA to opt me out of this auto-renewal.

yeah no prob. [:)]

Would you care to share more cos I am with DA. :mellow:

When u r doing a 3rd party claim against others. It is clearly not your fault and you should not be penalised. Well, DA do penalise you. YOU ARE EXPECTED NOT TO GET INTO ANY ACCIDENTS REGARDLESS. Once u report a 3rd party, you are deemed as a prone-to-accident customer. Period.

As such, their premiums are way cheaper cause they only want customers who will not even into any accidents, regardless 1st or 3rd party claims.

What i heard is, even if its 100% 3rd party claim, your NCD will be tagged to a claim until a "discharge letter" is submitted to your insurance company.

They will update the GIA database and the claim will be downgraded to "accident".

↡ Advertisement