Mystery carpark fire damages 10 cars

Greatbirdlegend

"market" rate.

Their "market" price is the dealer buy in price hor.

So, if average selling price for a second hand car is say, 30K, they pay you 20K lor.

But, they dun loose 20K hor. Since you insure with COE element, they will claim back your unused COE portion and balance OMV from LTA. So, prolly they lugi like 5-10K at most???

Edited by Kangadrool

poor thing...but sometime...might be the owner of a particular vehicle piss people off...

at my mum's place...there's this car...every 30min the alarm will go off and sound for 15 seconds..it goes on for 24hrs even during the night...

...some bikers will ram their bikes until the whole estate can hear them...

if suay there's a mad man nearby... they r asking for it...

For the other innocent car owners, what their insurance pay out is market rate....but if the car is in negative equity, does this mean that the owner will have to fork out the difference and settel the outstanding loan? Meaning at the end no car to drive but still owe finance?

For the other innocent car owners, what their insurance pay out is market rate....but if the car is in negative equity, does this mean that the owner will have to fork out the difference and settel the outstanding loan? Meaning at the end no car to drive but still owe finance?

i'm also blur.

i thought TPFT insurance can cover u in case of fire and theft. and that you dont need to pay anymore?

payout is "market" rate, but of course can bargain a bit before accepting. The "market" rate of course is very log one.

pakat with a dealer to tell the insurance coy a high market rate for that particular car. then give him some money for his efforts.

I don't know man, just hope and pray that such thing do not happen on us.

Appreciate advice from forumers with in dept knowledge of auto insurance.

Thanks.

actually, auto insurance in singapore is cheat money one.

accident, u claim, your premium shoot,NCD gone.

dont claim, then u pay cash, but buy insurance for what?, NCD and premium stay the same.

either way, consumers lose, insurance coy win

Then, you need to pakat with all the second hand car dealers. So, one car dealer, you need to pay 1K coffee $$$, one hundred car dealers, you pay 100K coffee $$$ lor. [laugh]

Not sure is the same culprit who did this (cars burning in MSCP) a few times and never get caught over a few years ago.

Ya I remember once in a while we read about cases of torched cars all over the place.

Sometimes in the same vicinity in a short period.

Don't remember anyone ever getting caught though.

Scary.

Then, you need to pakat with all the second hand car dealers. So, one car dealer, you need to pay 1K coffee $$$, one hundred car dealers, you pay 100K coffee $$$ lor. [laugh]

need that many meh? i thought just one can le? just say u buy your car from him for XXX, and if he were to buy back now he will pay XXX for it. can right? lol

actually, auto insurance in singapore is cheat money one.

accident, u claim, your premium shoot,NCD gone.

dont claim, then u pay cash, but buy insurance for what?, NCD and premium stay the same.

either way, consumers lose, insurance coy win

I think it is auto insurance for the whole world. Not just singapore.