Hyundai i45 vs Kia K5 vs JDM Accord vs Mazda 6

Taciturn

Neutral Newbie

Which is your pick?I did not test drive i45 but i am not really fond of its looks.

K5 looks awesome and the drive is reasonably engaging though not on a par with Accord and Mazda 6.

Accord is a bit small compared to Civic.

Mazda 6 is my personal choice in terms of design and driving.

↡ Advertisement

Which is your pick?I did not test drive i45 but i am not really fond of its looks.

K5 looks awesome and the drive is reasonably engaging though not on a par with Accord and Mazda 6.

Accord is a bit small compared to Civic.

Mazda 6 is my personal choice in terms of design and driving.

either i45 or K5, not sure which one le

accord also can

but if really choose 1 then choose accord, Vtech kick in power yo

hahaha

Having driven accord , i will give my choice to accord. But don't expect the performance of a turbo but it is good enough for a decent drive and easy overtaking. Should be one of the quieter cars in the above choice. Mazda 6 abit noisy. Accord is one of the better drives as it feels more steady.

Test driven friend's car i45 (should be sonata replacement ) sometime back , look nice outside but interior space ok nia not as big as i thought it would be. Noisy as compared to accord and placement of buttons and accessories too cluttered. Trying to add too much items in the car to make it look like some airplane. Try getting the right button when u are driving if you don't need to take ur eyes off the road for 1 sec to look for the button u are good. Maybe i am getting old , i don't need to plug into my iphone or ipod for music. Pure normal radio will do.

Don't take my biased words, go for a test drive yourself and you will notice the difference. Accord outside may look smaller but interior more or less the same as i45 maybe i45 abit bigger nia but passenger experience big difference. Given the current price difference it is two different price range.

Edited by CH_CO

Having driven accord , i will give my choice to accord. But don't expect the performance of a turbo but it is good enough for a decent drive and easy overtaking. Should be one of the quieter cars in the above choice. Mazda 6 abit noisy. Accord is one of the better drives as it feels more steady.

Test driven friend's car i45 (should be sonata replacement ) sometime back , look nice outside but interior space ok nia not as big as i thought it would be. Noisy as compared to accord and placement of buttons and accessories too cluttered. Trying to add too much items in the car to make it look like some airplane. Maybe i am getting old , i don't need to plug into my iphone or ipod for music. Pure normal radio will do.

Don't take my biased words, go for a test drive yourself and you will notice the difference. Accord outside may look smaller but interior more or less the same as i45 maybe i45 abit bigger nia but passenger experience big difference. Given the current price difference it is two different price range.

mazda 6 crampy

accord handling good

comfort wise all bout the same, md6, accord all tough ride

brand of course HONDA accord is the best currently in sg

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

This not a fair comparison cos it doesn't take into account engine capacities. There is only a 2.0 version K5 in Singapore. You should state which engine variant of each car you are referring to. The i45/K5 is engineered and tuned to compete directly with the US Accord/Camry/Teana

A more appropriate comparison should be:

Accord(US) 2.0 v Teana 2.0 v Camry2.0 v MZ6 2.0 v i45 2.0 v K5 2.0

It should be noted that their target market is the D-segment and buyers in this category place comfort/space/size/features above all else.

mazda 6 crampy

accord handling good

comfort wise all bout the same, md6, accord all tough ride

brand of course HONDA accord is the best currently in sg

mz6 & accord shld be abt the same in terms of handling.

but i think the insurance premium is higher for honda than mazda in general (maybe some forumer can confirm this?)

2.4l accord around 2.3k not sure about others. As for whether it is a fair comparison just let ts decide.

Executive sedan alot of choices given above choices only k5 doesn't have 2.4l variant . If he wants he can remove k5 to be fair as well? If kia is really confident in their products as the people here are with them why would they not bring in their models with the new GDI engines?

Problem is it would become too expensive to market. The marketing strategy of KR makes in SG still revolves around cheap models not the higher end ones. Given the current COE prices , chances are people are less inclined to buy KR makes and probably jap makes. If they can afford paying current COE prices , they would probably go for contis . Not sure about others but at current honda prices i would rather go for VW or Skoda.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/M03-Ca...20by%20make.pdf

Edited by CH_CO

I've taken rides in Mz6 & driven the Accord (KM's model) & i45 (v short drive). I find both Mz6 & Accord to be fairly good. Good in many department eg. Ride quality, hangling, built quality, etc. i45 feels better than the sonata is replaced, but there is still quite a bit of body roll & steering has almost no feel at all. Built quality is generally good, but there are some pretty poor ones eg centre condole (weird to cut cost in such area). i45 is really quite impressive, but given the choice, I'll take the Accord, then Mz6 followed by i45.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I don't like Kah Motors Accord's design.I created this thread to find out forumers' choice among these 4 alternative Jap/Kor sedans.

I hope K5 2.4 will be available soon so that this comparison will be fairer based on their respective 2.4/2.5 engine capacity

Edited by Taciturn

2.4l accord around 2.3k not sure about others. As for whether it is a fair comparison just let ts decide.

Executive sedan alot of choices given above choices only k5 doesn't have 2.4l variant . If he wants he can remove k5 to be fair as well? If kia is really confident in their products as the people here are with them why would they not bring in their models with the new GDI engines?

Problem is it would become too expensive to market. The marketing strategy of KR makes in SG still revolves around cheap models not the higher end ones. Given the current COE prices , chances are people are less inclined to buy KR makes and probably jap makes. If they can afford paying current COE prices , they would probably go for contis . Not sure about others but at current honda prices i would rather go for VW or Skoda.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/corp_info/doc/M03-Ca...20by%20make.pdf

I agree with u. Despite being from a family of honda supporters, the price honda is askin for is crazy. Macham like their vtec engine gives godly performance n thus demands a premium for it.

For me, over here, i wil choose mazda 6. But if i have more choices, i wil take the suzuki kizashi or opel insignia.

Neutral Newbie

I agree with u. Despite being from a family of honda supporters, the price honda is askin for is crazy. Macham like their vtec engine gives godly performance n thus demands a premium for it.

For me, over here, i wil choose mazda 6. But if i have more choices, i wil take the suzuki kizashi or opel insignia.

Kizashi is small compared to its peers.There is not much rear legroom.

Insignia is good but I prefer Ecoboost Mondeo for its drive and size.

I don't like Kah Motors Accord's design.I created this thread to find out forumers' choice among these 4 alternative Jap/Kor sedans.

I hope K5 2.4 will be available soon so that this comparison will be fairer based on their respective 2.4/2.5 engine capacity

Kah Motor Accord still the old big butt one??? Hardly see nowadays...

↡ Advertisement