Epic car enthusiast gathering

Xavina

imo such "BIG/Mega/Grand" events will NOT work. There is just no support here, u'll just end up with substandard stickered up cars on display and people selling u surbo or car wash mitts. Event highlights will be some 'drift' event. race queens will be harder to look at then geylang roadside queens. It'll just be 1/2 arsed again. Our "Mega" events cannot even compete with other countrie's casual meetups.

In sg, what car culture do we have? do this do that, ppl stomp u. complain this complain that, want to buy stuff go buy replica, complain original expensive.

Want to do car meets, start at a grassroots level between friends and build it up from there. Have a look at Cars & Coffee.

tbh, I suspect even at grassroots level it's gonna be tough to get ppl to commit.

Then u have those with small cars buy gigantic egos, whats keeping them from creating trouble?

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement

imo such "BIG/Mega/Grand" events will NOT work. There is just no support here, u'll just end up with substandard stickered up cars on display and people selling u surbo or car wash mitts. Event highlights will be some 'drift' event. race queens will be harder to look at then geylang roadside queens. It'll just be 1/2 arsed again. Our "Mega" events cannot even compete with other countrie's casual meetups.

In sg, what car culture do we have? do this do that, ppl stomp u. complain this complain that, want to buy stuff go buy replica, complain original expensive.

Want to do car meets, start at a grassroots level between friends and build it up from there. Have a look at Cars & Coffee.

tbh, I suspect even at grassroots level it's gonna be tough to get ppl to commit.

Then u have those with small cars buy gigantic egos, whats keeping them from creating trouble?

there is actually a car market in singapore. just that most dont bother coz they just cant afford one. i know people driving a cheap jap car just because they cant afford a better one. but they have interest in supercars.

simi market? can buy chye wan ar?

u refering to culture? culture doesn't matter what car u drive dude. even beat up old cars like this datsun pickup can be cool if there's passion. Got interest in supercars does not mean there is a car culture, it just means theys got no imagination.

3-2Meet-078.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd

u refering to culture? culture doesn't matter what car u drive dude. even beat up old cars like this datsun pickup can be cool if there's passion. Got interest in supercars does not mean there is a car culture, it just means theys got no imagination.

well, everyone starts somewhere. we can organize a forum one and publicise it somehow. then from there, im sure we can work it out.

R u an organizer?

Or a normal guy with big dreams?

I like your idea...but hard to organize in Singapore. Unless you can offer a lucky draw of a Lexus LFA as the prize!!

lol, liddat Lexus no need to earn money liao. [laugh]

Race queens. Lots of it. But pretty ones pls.

MY, Thailand, china are the better and cheaper choices

Lots of "it" eh, race queens, misogyny, but i carry on the same line: the race queens all double up as FL, and this epic meet-up attendees with Estima, Alphard, Grand Voyager, Vito (you know where this is going..) can rent out their rides interior at 2-hour rates [smash][smash]

edit: note:

rent out the vehicle interior space only, no driving around, all these 'rental cars' will be consolidated one corner of the event, external viewers may treat it as exhibition of cars with hydraulic/air suspensions show

Edited by The_young_once

Neutral Newbie

yes, cars and coffee. That's what I'm talking about.

Well, actually the cut ribbon event at the changi race track was quite an eventful one. Even the ariel atom was there ;). But too bad it was not a very widely announced, or i should think so.

I was hoping something like that, but maybe more! More involvement from other cultures, not just a certain group.

[edit] honestly, screw those racequeens. End up we'll have those perverts with huge DSLRs and taking photos of them and blocking the view of the cars. Happens everytime when there's a car exhibition at Singapore expo or where ever

Edited by Xavina

yes, cars and coffee. That's what I'm talking about.

Well, actually the cut ribbon event at the changi race track was quite an eventful one. Even the ariel atom was there ;). But too bad it was not a very widely announced, or i should think so.

I was hoping something like that, but maybe more! More involvement from other cultures, not just a certain group.

[edit] honestly, screw those racequeens. End up we'll have those perverts with huge DSLRs and taking photos of them and blocking the view of the cars. Happens everytime when there's a car exhibition at Singapore expo or where ever

cars is cars,why got gals de?

Lots of "it" eh, race queens, misogyny, but i carry on the same line: the race queens all double up as FL, and this epic meet-up attendees with Estima, Alphard, Grand Voyager, Vito (you know where this is going..) can rent out their rides interior at 2-hour rates [smash][smash]

edit: note:

rent out the vehicle interior space only, no driving around, all these 'rental cars' will be consolidated one corner of the event, external viewers may treat it as exhibition of cars with hydraulic/air suspensions show

lol, you mean a car like tis?post-42783-1297351461_thumb.jpg

that datsun pickup = rat-rodding , cool [cool]

Its a good idea but on actual day, U will see high end cars cluster one side, those bread and butter cars one side.

A very stark difference..I ever go for a car meet up.

those more than 2L cars cluster one group and form a circle and have fun, blast their 10,20K ICE and toasting wine which they brought..

Those fellas driving smaller cc cars kinda ostracised and relax one corner and entertain themselves.

Its a good idea but on actual day, U will see high end cars cluster one side, those bread and butter cars one side.

A very stark difference..I ever go for a car meet up.

those more than 2L cars cluster one group and form a circle and have fun, blast their 10,20K ICE and toasting wine which they brought..

Those fellas driving smaller cc cars kinda ostracised and relax one corner and entertain themselves.

get someone who has "authority" to encourage bonding and mingling among those who are there.

why those fellas driving smaller CC cars dun go mingle with the others?

scared the bigger car drivers "eat" them?

or look down on them.

Edited by Mllcg
↡ Advertisement