VW Golf Owners

Sleepy-T

Hi, Im looking to buy the 2016 Mk 7 Golf 1.4 TSI R line. Have been searching around for reliability on this model but couldnt find much info though.

I understand that this model is also using the DQ200 gearbox which is deemed to be a problematic gearbox thus far, not too sure if the issue has been resolved.

Also I understand that this model has a higher power output (150 Bhp, 250Nm) as compared to the normal golf of 122 Bhp , 200 Nm. Thus not too sure is there also any difference between this 2 model gearbox and reliability.

Any kind souls would like to share on its reliability here will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :P

The gearbox on both models are the same. I think VW has resolved most of the issues with DQ200 though some "issues" that remains are more due to the fact it is a dry clutch setup.

Just collected my 09 golf gti. May I know where can i get a copy of the owner manual? Idk how to use the functions and all ð

Congratulations! Hope you enjoying your Mk6 GTI?

Try the following link.

https://carmanuals2.com/get/volkswagen-golf-gti-2013-owner-s-manual-88280

↡ Advertisement

Have liking for the new Golf basic model. Golf's owner please kindly advise if they have already fixed thier DSG or anying annoying issue related to the brand.  I've heard friends telling me to avoid this brand entirely, or even sales perople from other make telling me there is no repected client.

Should i evern consider this , i plan to drive to 10yr. thanks

3 hours ago, Wheelslover said:

Have liking for the new Golf basic model. Golf's owner please kindly advise if they have already fixed thier DSG or anying annoying issue related to the brand.  I've heard friends telling me to avoid this brand entirely, or even sales perople from other make telling me there is no repected client.

Should i evern consider this , i plan to drive to 10yr. thanks

Avoid if you are not comfortable, no point to keep worrying the issue during your car ownership, there are more than ample other makes to choose from. BTW, I own the MK7 Golf Sport.

Edited by Achee

5 minutes ago, Achee said:

Avoid if you are not comfortable, no point to keep worrying the issue during your car ownership, there are more than ample other makes to choose from. BTW, I own the MK7 Golf Sport.

thanks , how is your personal experience?  Other make? What come close to Golf interm of price and drive comfort?

9 hours ago, Wheelslover said:

thanks , how is your personal experience?  Other make? What come close to Golf interm of price and drive comfort?

My experience with my Golf Sport has been excellent, no where inferior to my previous E90, despite having a much smaller displacement. You can consider Opel Astra or Ford Focus or if money is not an issue, go for MB A200. Don't let heresay ruin your joy of car ownership

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Achee said:

My experience with my Golf Sport has been excellent, no where inferior to my previous E90, despite having a much smaller displacement. You can consider Opel Astra or Ford Focus or if money is not an issue, go for MB A200. Don't let heresay ruin your joy of car ownership

thanks for sharing.

Supercharged
8 hours ago, Achee said:

unless buy used, else there's no more new Ford Focus (from distributor)

Hi all, I'm looking at getting a 2-3 year old Golf Mk7/7.5.

Anyone tested both the Mk7.5 1.0TSI and Mk7 1.2TSI?

Fellow owners, appreciate your feedback too!

Hi all,

I have a mk 7 1.4 for 5 years. So far only encountered coolant leak (quick fix under warranty) and speed sensor issue (also done by warranty). Other than that its the usual wear and tear. Keep in mind my car is regularly serviced within intervals.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, new here and recently moved from abroad. I miss driving my MK7R Wolfsburg wagon! Does anyone know if there is a parallel importer that has imported MK7.5R estates? Thanks in advance.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, I have a 1 year old Golf 1.4HL with mileage clocked at 27300km. I have encountered these experienced twice with Check Oil Level indicator light lit up at 12km & 27km. On both occasions, required to top-up 1 litre of engine oil. Could someone advice what is cause of high engine oil consumption.

22 minutes ago, Williamtkc said:

Hi all, I have a 1 year old Golf 1.4HL with mileage clocked at 27300km. I have encountered these experienced twice with Check Oil Level indicator light lit up at 12km & 27km. On both occasions, required to top-up 1 litre of engine oil. Could someone advice what is cause of high engine oil consumption.

I suppose you mean the indicator lit up at 12k km and 27k km. The service interval is 15k, have you serviced your car in between?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1