VW Golf Owners

Sleepy-T

Supercharged

For example?

Having driven conti for a while, jap car I find it too boring to drive. No offence intendedã

if Jap, then maybe try the new Civic.

else Google VW Golf competitor / comparison.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Is the golf R mk6 gearbox the problematic kind?

i just bought a 7 yrs old golf R and i must say the gearbox is in good condition. 

anyone know where can i get carbon fibre ( not stickers ) for MK 6? 

Neutral Newbie

Really keen to get a Golf cabriolet (5-6 years old) as my next ride, just wanted to find out more about the maintenance costs. Any seniors can share a ballpark range? Is 2k a year for general repairs possible? Thanks in advance!

Ok so i own a 2011 VW golf 2.5 not GTI or anything special just a regular car. I was wondering should i do anything performance wise? or no sense its not a GTI or anything? Will it ruin the car? 

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

New owner of the 1 litre Golf Mk7.5 ! As it doesnt come with reverse parking camera, I am considering buying the mechanical reverse camera (the one that allows the back VW logo to flip when in reverse) - does anyone know who i can go to, to get it installed and have the wirings properly hidden through the side panels etc?

Thanks!

Ok so i own a 2011 VW golf 2.5 not GTI or anything special just a regular car. I was wondering should i do anything performance wise? or no sense its not a GTI or anything? Will it ruin the car? 

Since its out of warranty alr, you can mod the ECU, change the filter and do a Cat Op (illegal though). You will get shit loads of boost to both horsepower and torque. Doesnt matter its not a GTI, what matters is you like the ride.

Turbocharged

Hi All,

New owner of the 1 litre Golf Mk7.5 ! As it doesnt come with reverse parking camera, I am considering buying the mechanical reverse camera (the one that allows the back VW logo to flip when in reverse) - does anyone know who i can go to, to get it installed and have the wirings properly hidden through the side panels etc?

Thanks!

Since its out of warranty alr, you can mod the ECU, change the filter and do a Cat Op (illegal though). You will get shit loads of boost to both horsepower and torque. Doesnt matter its not a GTI, what matters is you like the ride.

I use Jimmy:

http://jimmy-cbx.blogspot.com/?m=1

No financial or commercial interest.

Neutral Newbie

Not apple to apple comparison.

Ones a conti ones a japanese.

I prefer conti drives, but do not get the Golf 1 litre, its too slow on pick and theres a lag on acceleration. At least 1.4 litre even if u are considering.

• Praise 1

Not apple to apple comparison.

Ones a conti ones a japanese.

I prefer conti drives, but do not get the Golf 1 litre, its too slow on pick and theres a lag on acceleration. At least 1.4 litre even if u are considering.

Hi, bro i shortlisted both since both are closely priced and almost same amount of performance. FYI, VCS does not sell Golf 1.0Tsi anymore.

Despite CX-3 being japanese, it is much better than other makes like honda toyota and nissan when it comes to build quality and handling. Both golf and cx-3 are closely matched in how they handle too... :a-good:

Guys I’m really interested in purchasing my first Golf. Would appreciate any advice at all! What kind of freebies and discounts can I be looking to negotiate with? Their prices are Low but they have really reduced the frills on the lower 1.4 model, I’m not sure it’s worrh it. (No keyless no cruise control are my main gripes). Any advice?

TIA

Guys I’m really interested in purchasing my first Golf. Would appreciate any advice at all! What kind of freebies and discounts can I be looking to negotiate with? Their prices are Low but they have really reduced the frills on the lower 1.4 model, I’m not sure it’s worrh it. (No keyless no cruise control are my main gripes). Any advice?

TIA

Make sure can get courtesy Car,if your DSG fail within Warranty...

• Praise 2

Anyone can help to advice if the Comfortline or Highline is better value for money?

-Comfortline - 99k - fairly basic but has 17in wheels, auto rainsensing and headlights, smaller HU 8in

-Highline - approx 15k more - with 18in wheels, cruise control, keyless go, active info electronic display, GPS, sunroof, larger HU 9.2in, some cosmetic differences like piano black interior paneling and dynamic signal lights, and sports suspension

A lot of the perks is unnecessary for day to day, but would u consider it value for money to get Highline?

↡ Advertisement