Malaysia: Driving into KL next week !

Alvinnoob

Shopping malls, eating (& twin towers) aside, what are the attractions in KL?

nothing, that's why you dun see many ang moh tourists here. Yesterday I went to Central Market where they have some cultural stuff [rolleyes] then you see a few ang moh.

They rather visit other part of Malaysia.

if u mean literally inside KL, nothing much else except maybe sunway lagoon resort for kids

Petaling Street(Chinatown)

Batu Caves

There is a zoo and aquarium but dont think its worth to visit.

Then there are the massage parlours.

Thatz about all.

Also can avoid kidzania, waste of money and time, too crowded.

if u mean literally inside KL, nothing much else except maybe sunway lagoon resort for kids

Ioi city mall not bad. Got ice skating and themepark

ATV Malaysia , which is a pretty nice place to explore with waterfalls ... 

You can go google it . 

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 1

Also can avoid kidzania, waste of money and time, too crowded.

Ioi city mall not bad. Got ice skating and themepark

For kidzania, if you arrive early and start with those popular occupations that kids relish, the subsequent jobs might not be so crowded.

Of course, it all depends on your child's interest and parent needs to strategize a bit for them. As such, 3 hours shall suffice for the child to leave happily.

I was there last week and recognize a few Singaporean parents as their conversations are overheard.

Batu Caves

Thatz about all.

Yes, in Petaling street, there are quite a few good buys like "Superdry", "abercrombie" t-shirts, "havaianas" sandals, etc. Imitation but quality passable at fraction of price.
  • Praise 2

Thanks all who offered valuable advises.

Decided to stay at Boulevard hotel and pay RM25/day for the valet parking, assuming it still valid. Would not be using my car for commute to Pavillion areas.

Actually the valet charges does not really make sense as general parking at Mid Valley Mall is RM2 for first 3hr and RM1 for subsequent hr, --> RM23/day so only slightly cheaper. But I worry also whether it is safe to trust the staff with my car, but if I cannot even trust the hotel, then really terrible right?

Cannot worry too much, very worse case take this opportunity to get CX9 later, haha.

Thanks to helpful advises given in this forum, I am here in Bulovard hotel now after braving an 1hr and 20min jam crossing both customs. Using google map, evetything has been smooth.

Reaching the carpark H at about 830pm, managed to find a parking lot pretty quickly. While checking into the hotel, the receptionist explained that we need to pay only RM5 every time we drive out, just need to bring the ticket for validation. That means the total parking fees for the entire stay would be only RM5 if we leave the car in the carpark all the time. And she look amused when we asked if it is safe to park our ride there. She said she is not aware of cars being stolen, and there are regular patrols. So hopefully she is right haha. I subsequently shifted my car to a more accessible lot after 10pm so that it would be more convenient to load things in the car the next few days. I would have used the valet service at RM25/day if I cannot find a parking lot at all, which is a third-party service not related to the malls or hotels.

So thanks again to all who helped in the process. Cheers.

• Praise 5

Thanks to helpful advises given in this forum, I am here in Bulovard hotel now after braving an 1hr and 20min jam crossing both customs. Using google map, evetything has been smooth.

Reaching the carpark H at about 830pm, managed to find a parking lot pretty quickly. While checking into the hotel, the receptionist explained that we need to pay only RM5 every time we drive out, just need to bring the ticket for validation. That means the total parking fees for the entire stay would be only RM5 if we leave the car in the carpark all the time. And she look amused when we asked if it is safe to park our ride there. She said she is not aware of cars being stolen, and there are regular patrols. So hopefully she is right haha. I subsequently shifted my car to a more accessible lot after 10pm so that it would be more convenient to load things in the car the next few days. I would have used the valet service at RM25/day if I cannot find a parking lot at all, which is a third-party service not related to the malls or hotels.

So thanks again to all who helped in the process. Cheers.

Hope u enjoy your stay.

Update us of any good buy as understand their sale is much better than here.

Try the nonya food stall (laksa / rojak / chendol) at level 1  - is good and reasonable. price

Hope u enjoy your stay.

Update us of any good buy as understand their sale is much better than here.

Try the nonya food stall (laksa / rojak / chendol) at level 1 - is good and reasonable. price

Thanks very much for sharing your parking lobang!

Will try the stall you recommended tomorrow if my missus like it. Today doing the Pavillion circuit including K Avenue, and the whole day after will stay at Mid valley. First impression last night walking around Mid Valley looks promising with some stalls offering good discount, but never buy as looking for dinner. Ended with Madam Kwang. And all retail shops are closed by the time we finished our dinner haha. Anyway no hurry lah.

Thanks very much for sharing your parking lobang!

Will try the stall you recommended tomorrow if my missus like it. Today doing the Pavillion circuit including K Avenue, and the whole day after will stay at Mid valley. First impression last night walking around Mid Valley looks promising with some stalls offering good discount, but never buy as looking for dinner. Ended with Madam Kwang. And all retail shops are closed by the time we finished our dinner haha. Anyway no hurry lah.

just to share if you shop in some brand stores and departmental stores (parkson, metro, isetan), you can get tax refund at airport, ask the shop to issue receipt/document.

For purchase over RM300.

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 2

Batu Caves

Thatz about all.

which area got good massage parlour...going this sat

From Jalan Alor to Hotel Soleil. The street name is Changkat Bukit Bintang. Full of massage parlours flanking the street. Both clean, unclean and freelance all there.

Got thai and prc to choose from.

post-2654-0-09245000-1514337642_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3