SBS Bus and SG Police drivers need for trainings

Kaixing

Neutral Newbie

Recently I've been seeing alot of public sector vehicles getting into accidents!

Lately, there was this SBS bus that mounted kerb and went right onto the pedestrian crossing, covering the entire zebra crossing o_O

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Trans...208-262483.html

Here's the pic if you don't believe me:

what_happened_bus_climbs_kerb_into_the_path_of_pedestrians-thumbnail.jpg

Then got other cases of police cars getting into accidents:

police_car_crashes_into_lamp_post-thumbnail.jpg

Think the policeman too shagged out from his 12-hour duty, ahaha.

Actually, to tell you the truth, the way the Police Force trains new drivers might be too short for them to take the wheel immediately.

Those without driving licences go for a 2-week crash course, after which they are more or less guaranteed a licence. Then they go on a 1-day Police Driving Course, which just brings them from one end of the island to another end.

So, they only have, at most, 1-month's worth of training before they are allowed to drive patrol cars.

Not very right, right?

↡ Advertisement

SAF class 4 driver training also 1 month only leh but I don't see SAF vehicles in accidents that often?

maybe accidents within SAF camps (some camps dun allow camera phones) or in ulu places (no one to witness the accidents) ?

SAF class 4 driver training also 1 month only leh but I don't see SAF vehicles in accidents that often?

because SAF veh accident = DB straight? [laugh]

or maybe they're limited to 50kmh, thats why. Bus can also limit to 50kmh [:p][:p]

Edited by Lamzh87

TS never accident b4?

in short, most pple in sg had accident(s) b4. its juz part of driving.

but i do agreed wif TS those new police drivers really lacking in experience cuz they got their licence way too fast.

TS never accident b4?

in short, most pple in sg had accident(s) b4. its juz part of driving.

but i do agreed wif TS those new police drivers really lacking in experience cuz they got their licence way too fast.

Ya i also kena 2 accidents before.. luckily both are minor ones..

SAF vehicle max speed 50kph even on expressway. All other vehicles siam until no chance to crash lol

SAF vehicle max speed 50kph even on expressway. All other vehicles siam until no chance to crash lol

I won't be surprised if SAF vehicles cause accidents on expressways due to vehicles all changing lane to siam them [rolleyes]

i thought they only have the beeping alarm & counter installed ?

the beeping alarm is the speed limiter ma... no one dare to cross the 10th mark hahaha. anyway the 5 tonner got speed limiter, floor the accelerator also wont increase

the beeping alarm is the speed limiter ma... no one dare to cross the 10th mark hahaha. anyway the 5 tonner got speed limiter, floor the accelerator also wont increase

if got no Veh Comm, they also wont know what. that u hit 10th mark

↡ Advertisement