Given the runaround after cab collision

Latka

Feb 10, 2011

Given the runaround after cab collision

FOUR of us boarded a Comfort taxi last month. My husband sat in front, while myself, my grandmother and mother settled behind.

We were nearing our destination when another Comfort cab swerved into our path. Our driver tried to stop in time but couldn't.

All three of us behind were thrown forward and suffered injuries. �Our cab driver asked if we were all right, and even after replying that we were not, he did not bother to take us to a hospital or clinic. He ferried us to our destination, uttered a hurried apology and took off.

Fortunately, I took down the vehicle numbers and called ComfortDelGro about the accident. They directed me to an insurance company.

Now after almost a month, I have received a reply from the insurance company saying that the fault lies with the driver of the taxi that swerved in front of ours. So now, I am supposed to approach another insurance company. Why was I given the runaround?

Thahira Begum (Madam

Will TP charge passengers for not putting on seat belt and cabby for not asking them to put on seat belt?

↡ Advertisement