Tesla Leaving Singapore :(

Vid

lol. 911/GTR daily driving

TESLA red plate

LOL

IIRC, one charge of Telsa can go up to 300plus km...

Which means it can be up to 5 working days (depend on how far you drive)

Thus your 911/ GTR can come out and ZZZZZOOOOOOMMMM while Telsa is at home charging during weekends?

[laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

LOL

IIRC, one charge of Telsa can go up to 300plus km...

Which means it can be up to 5 working days (depend on how far you drive)

Thus your 911/ GTR can come out and ZZZZZOOOOOOMMMM while Telsa is at home charging during weekends?

[laugh] [laugh]

lol. but u buy porsche and GTR abit waste to leave at home leh. lol

Haha. I say good riddance. I am a Luddite that loves the internal combustion engine. I hope the tech for electric cars never takes off.

To be honest, why do we bother to go green here in SG? We are but a tiny drop. No matter how much we pollute or consume, we will always be outshadowed by China and India. So what if we try to keep our air clean? Indo just has to spark off a tiny forest fire and we are swamped in pollutants anyhow.

If our regional neighbours don't get their act together first, there is no point in us doing anything. Why waste money on the infrastructure? Just wayang a bit here and there and pay lip service so the Europeans don't KPKB. That is enough. Let China and India do something about their pollution problem first.

Haha. I say good riddance. I am a Luddite that loves the internal combustion engine. I hope the tech for electric cars never takes off.

To be honest, why do we bother to go green here in SG? We are but a tiny drop. No matter how much we pollute or consume, we will always be outshadowed by China and India. So what if we try to keep our air clean? Indo just has to spark off a tiny forest fire and we are swamped in pollutants anyhow.

If our regional neighbours don't get their act together first, there is no point in us doing anything. Why waste money on the infrastructure? Just wayang a bit here and there and pay lip service so the Europeans don't KPKB. That is enough. Let China and India do something about their pollution problem first.

So the first step that i think Ah kong has done is : to upgrade the Euro emission standard (cos we like lacking abit behind)

which is a good thing...

Notice nowadays even new buses(SMRT, SBS) also in compliant with Euro 4/5 standards

[:)]

With Tesla's exit, this may also affect aspirations for the first electric car race in Singapore to be held at the Changi Motorsports Hub, which Tesla was mentioned to be a major participant.

Yes, however in SG...

There's only limited number of places which allow "charging"

And, what are you going to do when you leave the car "charging" for hours?

Unless, the charging points are available almost everywhere like "Car-park", perhaps, it would be ideal...

u brought up a very good point..nothing to do when the car is charging..unless charging can be done at home..but only 20% stays in landed homes

but in SG..even if charging points are available in carparks..there might be sabotage case from some pranksters

Neutral Newbie

u brought up a very good point..nothing to do when the car is charging..unless charging can be done at home..but only 20% stays in landed homes

but in SG..even if charging points are available in carparks..there might be sabotage case from some pranksters

Special lots with chargers will be occupied by the inconsiderate non-EVs ... look at now in any MSCP, handicap lots, washing bay, "NO PARKING" lots, loading/unloading bay, even motorcyle lots also got inconsiderate drivers occupying them ! So I guess EV owners will have to use extenstion cord to charge at further lots <_<

Neutral Newbie

Firstly, i would say ppl wouldn't choose this...

One of the reason is hybrid engines are relatively unproven (in terms of reliability , cost,etc)

Thus most ppl would choose other makes instead of this

but tesla is not using a hybrid engine

and hybrid engines are actually quite well proven ( for eg. 2 million Prius have been sold in over 70 countries since it was introduced in 1998)

↡ Advertisement