2nd hand w203 c-class?

EventH

around 05-06 models? should be post fl since the fl took place early 04

yup should be FL bro

FL is quite okay but the internals are quite dated so why dont you consider a pre-loved W204? its much much much better i can assure you

i know no matter what, it's still a MB.

but w203 is kinda outdated now and the internal sibei "Uncle"..

the paper spec is also not so worth the bucks.

i got to agreed that w204 is nicer and worth the purchase.

Are these troublesome to maintain pass the 100k mark? are they reliable?

thanks

100K Km.?Forget it,alot of problem will start coming in..!

100K Km.?Forget it,alot of problem will start coming in..!

a lot of problem? depends on the maintenance and love given to the car.

My W203 has clocked 190 000 km and it is problem free other than the usual wear and tear. This car is reliable (especially the M271 engine) and will last a long time if proper maintenance is done. I have decided to drive it for 10 years and it's 7 years now.

a lot of problem? depends on the maintenance and love given to the car.

My W203 has clocked 190 000 km and it is problem free other than the usual wear and tear. This car is reliable (especially the M271 engine) and will last a long time if proper maintenance is done. I have decided to drive it for 10 years and it's 7 years now.

Yeah, W203 sure is reliable. And i personally think it looks hell of a lot better than the W204. After 7yrs, the W203 still looks so modern (especially the Facelift model)! The same can be said of the W210 S-Class.

Yeah, W203 sure is reliable. And i personally think it looks hell of a lot better than the W204. After 7yrs, the W203 still looks so modern (especially the Facelift model)! The same can be said of the W210 S-Class.

Well i think the W203 is uglier than W204 but has more character and personality. I mean, ugly is in terms of its round looks, flat lines and proportions lah, but it has got personality and more unique/odd looking in this era of sleek and aerodynamic looks.

W204 looks sedate, subtle and proportionate, like most Audis. Pleasant looking but no character.

BMW cars are actually quite ugly if you compare to Audi and Merc but hell of a lot of personality. I like!

My FIL drives a W203 and keeps getting an "check engine" light problem that refuses to go away. He has about 130K Km on the odometer, but otherwise fairly reliable. Servicing costs are atrocious though.

i have the w203 C, has around 70,000 km's done on it. No problems whatsoever, Servicing costs is pretty cheap, a couple hundred each time. nothing too exorbitant. only problem are the memory seats which sometimes seam not too respond quickly, however it was rectified with a quick battery change.

Well i think the W203 is uglier than W204 but has more character and personality. I mean, ugly is in terms of its round looks, flat lines and proportions lah, but it has got personality and more unique/odd looking in this era of sleek and aerodynamic looks.

W204 looks sedate, subtle and proportionate, like most Audis. Pleasant looking but no character.

BMW cars are actually quite ugly if you compare to Audi and Merc but hell of a lot of personality. I like!

I feel that W203 cannot age well....

even the color looks lacklustre.

then the headlamps become yellowish

Neutral Newbie

Hi anyone in tis thread driving W203 experiencing a problem called " Engine hunting " ?

ie when the auto gearbox is engaged , even with the brake depressed , the car still had a tendency to want to move fwD ? My mileage is 140K .... if u hv ... what did u do / or yr mechanic did to solve it ?

Care to share ? [:)]

Neutral Newbie

thanks

Hi every car regardless of brand and make will encounter some kind of problems along the way .Hence it is important to follow the service intervals listed on every car service manuals .

The history of a used car is important .... did the previous owner taken good care of it etc ...

At 100k ,like all other cars , W203 if they had been regularly maintained according to service manual instructions , should not see any major problems .....

thanks

Read literature that it was among models designed for durablity. If you mean 100k km driven mileage, you must be new to cars (many/most are designed for many times that usage).

Hi anyone in tis thread driving W203 experiencing a problem called " Engine hunting " ?

ie when the auto gearbox is engaged , even with the brake depressed , the car still had a tendency to want to move fwD ? My mileage is 140K .... if u hv ... what did u do / or yr mechanic did to solve it ?

Care to share ? [:)]

idling inconsistent, fuel injector clogged or air leaking somewhere....

↡ Advertisement