White EVO speeding along changi coast road

Ping911

Neutral Newbie

Anybody out there knows the driver of a white EVO that likes to speed down Changi coast road? This morning (Sun) was the second time I saw him, so probably something he/she does often, I guess. Speeding at least 150-170km/h. Saw same thing 2 weeks back. Doesn't he/she realize that there are lots of cyclists on a Sunday? Please lah, can go speed in the afternoon, or at night, but not Sunday morning lah....

↡ Advertisement

Anybody out there knows the driver of a white EVO that likes to speed down Changi coast road? This morning (Sun) was the second time I saw him, so probably something he/she does often, I guess. Speeding at least 150-170km/h. Saw same thing 2 weeks back. Doesn't he/she realize that there are lots of cyclists on a Sunday? Please lah, can go speed in the afternoon, or at night, but not Sunday morning lah....

okay. both have the fair shares.

the Evo is driving too fast, this is very wrong. however, the driver pay roadtax to drive on the road.

the cyclists did not pay roadtax, so ssshhhhhhh. [lipsrsealed]

what you can do and the other cyclists is to avoid that area? east coast park? [angel]

Cyclists don't pay road tax and are not insured, so it's their risk to take when they cycle on the road. I used to cycle on the road for many years, and my balls always shrink a bit whenever a prime mover with a 40' trailer or a mobile crane drives past with their air horns blaring. [laugh]

you guys are kinda unfair to the cyclists. did you know cycling on pavement can kena fine?

dont always think got pay road tax means road is yours.

if bicycle cycle on pavement bang ppl blame cyclist.

cycling go on road kena bang still blame cycling.

if my father income tax more than ppl salary. means i own them?

you guys are kinda unfair to the cyclists. did you know cycling on pavement can kena fine?

dont always think got pay road tax means road is yours.

if bicycle cycle on pavement bang ppl blame cyclist.

cycling go on road kena bang still blame cycling.

if my father income tax more than ppl salary. means i own them?

too bad our govt dont have a lane designated for cyclist or strongly promote cycling on the roads, unlike other countries' govt.

until they do something, this is a grey area. and being typical singaporeans, we like to take matter into our own hands.

i'd like to stand on the fence; pay road tax doesnt mean big F but the cyclists.. some of them are a nuisance as well.

Bro, when u see those bloody cyclists ride 1 lane, side by side occupy the whole damm 3 lane. Then every bus n lorry or watever s--t needs to siam them, u will wonder r they doing the right thing.

Of course, by asking should they be sharing the road with us in the first place?

Selfish is 1 thing, disregard ur life is another.

Usually the ones who occupy the whole lane r those in full gear n attire.

1.jpg

Does it have a normal looking exterior with two large exo pipes probably decat and quite loud (got the low pitched rumbling sound), accelerates quite fast, got the "chiu-chiu" sound when changing gears?? Seen this guy driving around in the East Coast area twice before, but no clue who he is. [:p]

Generally they r ok, till they don cycle in a single file n not keepin to the side of the rd( esp the uphill toward selarang camp).

With a rd divider near the top of the slope, how u expect vehicles to siam. Horn them, they show international sign n etc.

Haiz, it is endless argument. But losing end is always cyclist n the best part.

They can't get that in their head.

i do agree that some of the cyclist, not all, are irritating. They like to occupy the whole lane and ride recklessly. Instead of looking out for cars, car drivers have to look out for them instead

I don't mind sharing the road with cyclist on condition they keep to a single file on extreme left lane. Likewise if they disregard their personal safety by cycling in a reckless or hogging the whole lane than i won't hestitate to horn them or circumstances permit to overtake them with speed. [drivingcar]

Edited by Kopites

yup. some mcfers had commented right.

in SG, we do not have a bicycle lane. this is a fact and i will not encourage cyclists to cycle on the road.

at the meantime, just cycle at places like east coast park till the govt decided to add bicycle lane.

remember, for your safety.

↡ Advertisement