1.8 Wish or Touran?

Sabian

Touran or 1.8 Wish  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Touran or 1.8 Wish

• Touran
    • 1.8 Wish

Shortlisted a few compact MPVs and narrowed down to these 2.

Appreciate any constructive input.

Edited by Sabian
↡ Advertisement

I am biased...so ignore me if you prefer :D

Based solely on maintenance/insurance/repair, my 2003 is pretty cheap to run.

Had my 7th year inspection okay.

That's considering it had over 180,000 km on the odo, one damper change, 3x 17" tyre swap, 20 oil changes, 2 ATF flush, 4 batteries cycles, 1 fender-bender repair and yes, 2x Toyota recalls...

I can also include 12x dings and dents, 3x bird-poo mark, 2 keyed lines and about 2 families of cockroach.

All-in-all, I am getting 12~13km/l in the most recent avg.

My kids have grown from child seats to booster to pax seats.

Car is fully repaid and I couldn't be any poorer. [flowerface]

edit: oh, btw, I didn't cast any vote here. ^_^

Edited by Wishcumstrue

Not sure about the wish. But I feel that the touran is abit cramp for adults at the 3rd row.

That seems to be the recurring point for touran whenever it comes to the 3rd row.

touran for me...i decide only based on their look, not performace..

Thanks. Both look ok, can't expect an mpv to look like a prancing bull. Though space and fuel efficiency matter to me more than looks, Carens was dropped from the list due to its looks.

Wish....based on price, maintenance, cheaper parts, space, easier to resell

Same reason why I am driving the bread & butter altis.

I am biased...so ignore me if you prefer :D

Based solely on maintenance/insurance/repair, my 2003 is pretty cheap to run. Had my 7th year inspection okay.

That's considering it had over 180,000 km on the odo, one damper change, 3x 17" tyre swap, 20 oil changes, 2 ATF flush, 4 batteries cycles, 1 fender-bender repair and yes, 2x Toyota recalls...I can also include 12x dings and dents, 3x bird-poo mark, 2 keyed lines and about 2 families of cockroach.

All-in-all, I am getting 12~13km/l in the most recent avg. My kids have grown from child seats to booster to pax seats. Car is fully repaid and I couldn't be any poorer. [flowerface]

You put forward a very convincing case for the Wish. See that you maintain your car very well. Intervals for oil change and tyre change are on time. I am hoping to repeat your feat if I do end up with the Wish eventually.

touran for me...

i decide only based on their look, not performace..

I tot touran's performance is better? Although its only a 1.4l, its turbo charged engine can propel the car faster than the wish from rest. Correct me if im wrong.

But nevertheless, for me, i would choose wish coz the third row of the touran is v tight. After all it is onlya mid size mpv.

If you want power , go for the TOuran Sport. 1.4TSI with 170hp..

BEST..

Less road tax than Wish...

I think the touran tsi non sport version is already enuf to take out the wish in terms of performance le. [laugh]

I think the touran tsi non sport version is already enuf to take out the wish in terms of performance le. [laugh]

True.. Haha.. I think the Sport can take on Estima.. haha..Both same no. of horses.. But Estima 2.4L engine.. haha..

True.. Haha.. I think the Sport can take on Estima.. haha..Both same no. of horses.. But Estima 2.4L engine.. haha..

Haha! Im not too sure about the wish but i sat in an estima n odyssey before. The cars feel pretty slow compared to the touran tsi. They might have a lot of bhp but they r v heavy.

But if space is a concern, estima n ody... N wish wins hands down. :D

Haha! Im not too sure about the wish but i sat in an estima n odyssey before. The cars feel pretty slow compared to the touran tsi. They might have a lot of bhp but they r v heavy.

But if space is a concern, estima n ody... N wish wins hands down. :D

Wish , I love the light steering.. But Touran is a Conti... So a plus point..

Estima and ody is heavy and same hp as touran.. So of course touran will be more powerful bro.. haha..

Cheers [laugh][laugh]

Wish , I love the light steering.. But Touran is a Conti... So a plus point..

Estima and ody is heavy and same hp as touran.. So of course touran will be more powerful bro.. haha..

Cheers [laugh][laugh]

Hahaha! Cheers! [laugh]

I'm biased, I vote for Touran! Loving every moment of the drive!

On the 3rd row seats, depending on how often u need to use them. If you use them often, you should be looking at Estima in stead. Wish's 3rd row is not very much better.

I'm biased, I vote for Touran! Loving every moment of the drive!

On the 3rd row seats, depending on how often u need to use them. If you use them often, you should be looking at Estima in stead. Wish's 3rd row is not very much better.

Hey bro is urs a sport or non sport version? Have u tried driving with a full load b4? Is it sluggish?

Coz my friend is considering a brand new touran too.

↡ Advertisement