Honda release 9th gen Civic USDM! 1.8 140hp i-vtec 5spd AT!

Caddilac

03-2012-honda-civic.jpg

04-2012-honda-civic.jpg

08-2012-honda-civic.jpg

2012-Honda-Civic-7.jpg

Hybrid

05-2012-honda-civic.jpg

Civic Coupe

01-2012-honda-civic.jpg

02-2012-honda-civic.jpg

2012-Honda-Civic-6+copy.jpg

2011-Civic-8+copy.jpg

2012 HONDA CIVIC SPECS

Civic HF, Sedan, Coupe and Natural Gas Specifications

• 140 horsepower, 1.8-liter i-VTEC
↡ Advertisement

Well .... this look like the American model - left hand drive. Not too sure whether there will much different to the Jap one as Singapore will get the Jap model.

Overall, a little disappointed .... the back looks like the previous generation Camry and the front looks like the previous JDM Accord. Interior also not much changes to the FD current model.

If Hyundai is able to improve on it's shortcoming, the new Avante will be a good alternative. Externally, the new Avante looks much better ..... just my personal view.

I owned 2 Civics before .... EK and ES, in terms of exterior ... the EK during it's time and the current FD are attractive. I am hopeful that the Jap model will look better else the SEs at KAH will be damn jialat... afterall the Civic is their B&B model.

Well .... this look like the American model - left hand drive. Not too sure whether there will much different to the Jap one as Singapore will get the Jap model.

Overall, a little disappointed .... the back looks like the previous generation Camry and the front looks like the previous JDM Accord. Interior also not much changes to the FD current model.

If Hyundai is able to improve on it's shortcoming, the new Avante will be a good alternative. Externally, the new Avante looks much better ..... just my personal view.

I owned 2 Civics before .... EK and ES, in terms of exterior ... the EK during it's time and the current FD are attractive. I am hopeful that the Jap model will look better else the SEs at KAH will be damn jialat... afterall the Civic is their B&B model.

Perhaps need to await for more details, the current Civic SI 2.0L in the America market is already 197 horses. Kinda of strange that they decided to follow Toyota in releasing a 2.4L B&B just like the Altis in the Amerciam Market. Already seeing 2.0L Altis with low horses in Malaysia...

Regards,

the front looks like the JDM accord, rear looks abit like the new impreza

i think the looks will require some getting used to but once you are used to the looks you'll find it beautiful

I think the interior not bad. Got LCD custer, Nav & such (I have a feeling Singapore version will not have so many features).

The exterior, however, are dullville, & dated, imo.

have Honda look at the lastest Ford focus or Hyundai, or KIA?

Edit: After looking at the new ford focus, the new civic interior doesn't look too hot either. Don't agree? Just look here.

New Ford Focus

Edited by Kiadaw

Will the new design create big blind spots in at the A pillar?

Comparing the Old FIT and the new FIT, there had been improvements with the blind spots at the A Pillar.

However looking at the new design, it seems like the A Pillar had grown in size, tweater installed, small window removed = more blind spot?

Overall, looks from like a City then a Civic.

Rear like the old Camry.

Shorten in length and higher compared with the current FD.

Just like the old MZ 3 which had slimmed down and grown in height

The front looks alike forte and the back is abit like subaru...

The back is a clone of the last JDM Camry sold by BM before they started to bring in the Tomyam Camry.. Overall, this car looks like crap. Frankenstein styling. yucks.

How come no tiptronic mode? The gear shift pattern is like those in the 1980s, P-R-D-3-2-1. Modern cars nowadays come

with the + and - gate to the right and some even have paddle shift in addition to that.

LOL it seems like civic SI no longer have any high performance cams with the 2.4l engine. I guess Honda have to prepare the car for any upcoming emission standards in the US markets. [rolleyes]

I wonder what are their engineers doing. Hyundai is already coming out with a 140ps 1.6l engine while Honda is still lingering in the standards of yesteryears.

Edited by Karnaugh

How come no tiptronic mode? The gear shift pattern is like those in the 1980s, P-R-D-3-2-1. Modern cars nowadays come

with the + and - gate to the right and some even have paddle shift in addition to that.

They have sports mode and paddle shift but not into Tiptronic.

Regards,

LOL it seems like civic SI no longer have any high performance cams with the 2.4l engine. I guess Honda have to prepare the car for any upcoming emission standards in the US markets. [rolleyes]

I wonder what are their engineers doing. Hyundai is already coming out with a 140ps 1.6l engine while Honda is still lingering in the standards of yesteryears.

They can if they want [laugh]. The current Civic 2.0L is doing 197 horses in states.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-si-sedan/

Regards,

↡ Advertisement