S.Korea beats Singapore for best airport award

relacker

i wonder how much minister for trade and industry in S.Korea earn compared to our own .

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/A...ory_636241.html

Asia

Home > Breaking News > Asia > Story

Feb 18, 2011

Incheon International Airport was selected the Best Airport Worldwide in Airport Service Quality in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year, beating rivals Changi Airport of Singapore and Hong Kong International Airport, The Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs said on Tuesday. -- PHOTO: THE KOREA HERALD

SEOUL - INCHEON International Airport was selected the Best Airport Worldwide in Airport Service Quality in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year, beating rivals Changi Airport of Singapore and Hong Kong International Airport, The Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs said on Tuesday.

It is the first time that an airport has won the award six years in a row. Dubai Airport won the award for three consecutive years from 2001 to 2003.

The ASQ is a comprehensive set of awards granted by Airports Council International, an association of around 1700 airports worldwide.

South Korea's major gateway also won first places in Best Airport in Asia Pacific and Best Airport with annual passenger traffic between 25 and 40 million, the ministry said.

Ministry officials attributed the airport's notable success as a North-east Asian hub to its constant efforts to seek innovation.

The list includes expanding its international routes, improving the airport's accessibility by establishing a railway and Incheon Bridge, which connects it with nearby cities, and offering prompt and efficient services to users, according to the ministry. -- THE KOREAN HERALD/ANN

↡ Advertisement

I wouldn't said I am super well travelled, but I have been to quite considerable places, & I think Singapore Changi airport are among the goods one. I have been to airports where 3/4 or even half of the lanes for checking out are closed, & you have to queue for a long time.

But the attitude of some of the stuff need to improve. They see you are Singaporeans, their tune can be quite unpleasant or impatient. See angmoh, then super friendly. " this way sir", "Have a nice day"....Double standard seh.

Edited by Kiadaw

I wouldn't said I am super well travelled, but I have been to quite considerable places, & I think Singapore Changi airport are among the goods one. I have been to airports where 3/4 or even half of the lanes for checking out are closed, & you have to queue for a long time.

But the attitude of some of the stuff need to improve. They see you are Singaporeans, their tune can be quite unpleasant or impatient. See angmoh, then super friendly. " this way sir", "Have a nice day"....Double standard seh.

cos singaporean dun take part in such stupid airport survey ma. only the ang moh tua kee so free to take part such stuff. hence instruction from airport CEO is serve angmoh with your best, see singaporean take a rest! [laugh]

Travel twice to Korea for the past 12mth. I will said the airport is good. Good and effecient service. Our Changi Airport T2 and T3 is comparable.

But if you take into consideration of T1, with the never ending upgrading work. T1 is messy, slow immigration due to limited counter, dirty and confusing inside. It will defnitely affect the visitor grading.

Edited by Tohto

i wonder how much minister for trade and industry in S.Korea earn compared to our own .

Asia

Feb 18, 2011

Incheon International Airport was selected the Best Airport Worldwide in Airport Service Quality in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year, beating rivals Changi Airport of Singapore and Hong Kong International Airport, The Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs said on Tuesday. -- PHOTO: THE KOREA HERALD

SEOUL - INCHEON International Airport was selected the Best Airport Worldwide in Airport Service Quality in 2010 for the sixth consecutive year, beating rivals Changi Airport of Singapore and Hong Kong International Airport, The Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs said on Tuesday.

It is the first time that an airport has won the award six years in a row. Dubai Airport won the award for three consecutive years from 2001 to 2003.

The ASQ is a comprehensive set of awards granted by Airports Council International, an association of around 1700 airports worldwide.

South Korea's major gateway also won first places in Best Airport in Asia Pacific and Best Airport with annual passenger traffic between 25 and 40 million, the ministry said.

Ministry officials attributed the airport's notable success as a North-east Asian hub to its constant efforts to seek innovation.

The list includes expanding its international routes, improving the airport's accessibility by establishing a railway and Incheon Bridge, which connects it with nearby cities, and offering prompt and efficient services to users, according to the ministry. -- THE KOREAN HERALD/ANN

It is not the first time, why so surprise?? Selective reading <_<

Asia

Feb 18, 2011

oh no... there goes the no.1 spot.. [shakehead][shakehead]

Title misleading... Seoul won 1 award in service quality..

There are tonnes of awards each year.. Major 1s usu changi win but not all..

Not surprise Singapore didn't won for service quality. I will be surprise if we did. Like I mention, some stuff double standard one.

if they see u're asians or sinkies..they'll treat u differently..thats the pinkerton syndrome for u..to counter this.. one of the ways is to speak like an ang moh and dress very well [laugh]

Dey came to Sin, observe our airport, go back copy and did d same thing wif slight variation and then won an award. Still thanx to SG airport.

Dey came to Sin, observe our airport, go back copy and did d same thing wif slight variation and then won an award. Still thanx to SG airport.

so easy copy? y not singapore go to their samsung industry and copy back? lagi best go their soccer team training matches and copy , maybe can qualify world cup

so easy copy? y not singapore go to their samsung industry and copy back? lagi best go their soccer team training matches and copy , maybe can qualify world cup

U didn't know their airport officials came to Sin on official visit to have a look at our airport to learn a thing or 2?

↡ Advertisement