Help.. Car not starting..have to press gas

Keithchue

Bros,

my 6yr old vios is not starting when i turn the key intermittenly...it is cranking fine, but not starting. i was advised that the fuel pump is dead...it is fine when i depress the accerlator while starting, it just starts when i do that.

any advice or other parts that i should look at

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Do you pump petrol until overflow??

No bah... but more than after it auto stop. I also need to step on accelerator before it starts.

Bros,

my 6yr old vios is not starting when i turn the key intermittenly...it is cranking fine, but not starting. i was advised that the fuel pump is dead...it is fine when i depress the accerlator while starting, it just starts when i do that.

thanks

What's your mileage? Could be a choked fuel filter.

No bah... but more than after it auto stop. I also need to step on accelerator before it starts.

It should be normal then. I do encounter this when i pump gas at Jb haha.

Oic, then probably a faulty pump liao.

A faulty fuel pump,not onlt affect the starting,it also affect the driving,check your coils & spark plugs.

don;t think...normal driving is fine...only starting....

I had engine start difficulty plus uneven idling - changed the fuel pump followed by the throttlebody and the uneven idling problem got solved, and so did the engine start problem. Over time, though I'm not plagued by uneven idling, the engine start problem resurfaced. The WS again stated there's nothing wrong. Now my warm cranking (usually after turning off engine for 2~3 hours) can take between 5~10 secs.

I can only remember 2 things I did that could have led to the problem:

i) Started the engine when the engine was already running

ii) Ran completely dry of petrol while driving

Bros,

thanks

Start with the most basic, the fuel filter, then check connectors to the fuel pump as well as connectors to the injectors

↡ Advertisement