Petrol price increases again. this time CALTEX up 4 cents.

Blackslayer

sigh, i'm not surprised at all - with the unrest in middle east and the resulting spike in oil prices, it's only a matter of time.

sigh, i'm not surprised at all - with the unrest in middle east and the resulting spike in oil prices, it's only a matter of time.

US also got oil. but i dont understand why all get from middle east

US also got oil. but i dont understand why all get from middle east

simply because their consumption is so much higher than what they can producepost-69898-1298443832_thumb.png

lol. OPEC or was it APEC is hoarding the oil.

haiz...

it's mainly opec. read somewhere that they have close to 80% of crude oil reserves, but they only produce 40% of total supply

it's mainly opec. read somewhere that they have close to 80% of crude oil reserves, but they only produce 40% of total supply

what i heard is that for each daily oil produced, they keep a certain percentage of it and say that there is a shortage. they also set the prices

what i heard is that for each daily oil produced, they keep a certain percentage of it and say that there is a shortage. they also set the prices

think it's more like they determine the price by varying supply of oil

think it's more like they determine the price by varying supply of oil

i think if they dont hoarde, oil will be dirt cheap.

another source of hoarding is gold.

If I were to sell oil, I will cook up bull & c--k stories to tell the world oil is in shortage, drying up, middle east conflict, yadda yadda. Just like property agent or car dealers will tell you... "offer only today, book now" tactics.