Using newspaper to clean car windows and mirrors

Phluvcat

I have been using newspaper to clean the windows and mirrors.

Newspaper is effective for cleaning up glass and mirror but I am not that sure if the side windows are also glass or plastic.

Side window material is differ from car makes or pretty standard material?

So far I do not notice any adverse effect on the side windows but dunno about long term.

↡ Advertisement

Side windows usually tempered glass, front windshield is laminated glass.

If your car is armoured, then the glass will be multilayer + polycarbonate.

I have been using newspaper to clean the windows and mirrors.

Newspaper is effective for cleaning up glass and mirror but I am not that sure if the side windows are also glass or plastic.

Side window material is differ from car makes or pretty standard material?

So far I do not notice any adverse effect on the side windows but dunno about long term.

do you have window film install? if so, careful when cleaning the inside of window...

do you have window film install? if so, careful when cleaning the inside of window...

yes got car film, so I only wipe external surfaces.

the ink used for printing will serve to restore your window film vlt% lost through UV/oxidization.... o_O

ok noted, I will select those orh orh loo loo commercial pages for cleaning glass.

that only applies to newspapers eons ago... nowadays they switched to using soy based inks, not sure if the cleaning properties still there

soy-based??? edible newspaper?

I use the Newpaper and Straits Times. Looks ok, non messy way of getting rid of smears and grease marks. When u rubba the window, the sensation macham got some kind of mild exfoliation effect, hopefully rubba enough times can also get rid of water marks.

Today paper seems to be of different material and it dun stain your hands, maybe that is soy-based? Or all papers are soy-based now?

↡ Advertisement