Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Not an owner but has some answers.

Leather seats is locally fitted for sure, as you can choose the color you want by paying extra.  Reverse camera is integrated into the headunit, but not sure if locally fitted or from factory.  SE said the HU and rims, although Subaru factory standard, are imported separately to install locally, to reduce the OMV.  Not sure how true it is.  But they sure are from factory (where to install is another matter) as shown in brochure.

100% confirmed no integrated GPS.  Google map on your phone is probably a good alternative.

best to use phone gps unless your car is those with HU pop up above dashboard type.

normal HU screen too low.

have to take your eyes off the road to look at it.

dangerous.

There is rumour that the HU we have can support GPS.

They are waiting for compatible Singapore map to be available.

↡ Advertisement

There is rumour that the HU we have can support GPS.

They are waiting for compatible Singapore map to be available.

Even if this is true, it won't be cheap. Looking at the accessories that MI is "officially" selling e.g. Blackvue Dashcam, Marbella GPS etc, there is already a big mark up.

Can't imagine how much the HU GPS upgrade will cost. Especially if need to install GPS receiver somewhere in car and regularly pay for update of maps via MI. A normal GPS will be much cheaper.

On the other hand, if we can enable the "Mirror Cast" thingy via bluetooth or some other casting software. That will be awesome !!! Esepecially if can cast Google maps onto HU display.

Google maps la. Cheaper to get a good holder. Jiak data plan that's all. If can cast better still

Google maps now have option to save map for offline use.

So no need to Jiak data plan anymore.

wun it be nice if they replace it with 2.0l turbo charged engine into it  ..best of both worlds

not likely. Even Japan market they only have the 2.5 or 3.6

Hypersonic

Google maps now have option to save map for offline use.

So no need to Jiak data plan anymore.

How to do this?

Turbocharged

wun it be nice if they replace it with 2.0l turbo charged engine into it ..best of both worlds

Oh u can always import one from China. Outback comes with 2.0T. Same as the one use in the FXT.

Maybe can check with Taobao

How to do this?

To use Google Map in offline mode (no need 3G data charges)

https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6291838?hl=en

Even if this is true, it won't be cheap. Looking at the accessories that MI is "officially" selling e.g. Blackvue Dashcam, Marbella GPS etc, there is already a big mark up.

Can't imagine how much the HU GPS upgrade will cost. Especially if need to install GPS receiver somewhere in car and regularly pay for update of maps via MI. A normal GPS will be much cheaper.

On the other hand, if we can enable the "Mirror Cast" thingy via bluetooth or some other casting software. That will be awesome !!! Esepecially if can cast Google maps onto HU display.

Rumour is that the HU already has the GPS receiver - only need to map to become available. 

But agree that update of map will be expensive - might as well use free Google Map or Sygic on phone.

• Praise 1

how is the cabin insulation and engine noise level in the outback?

I got feedback from current Gen legacy 2.5i owner saying is only complaint about the car is the engine noise. (he changed from a V6 cefiro)

Since legacy and outback almost the same in terms of engine and interior, would it be the same?

This Outback thread is much quieter than compared to Forester thread. One obvious reason being the thousands of Forester owners vs probably less than 100 Outback owners. And those that bought earlier are also not active on this thread for a variety of reasons ....

To gauge the number of owners of Outback, would like to do roll call. I'll start :

1. Cosmicclaw / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016 (hopefully)

Next please [;)]

Turbocharged

This Outback thread is much quieter than compared to Forester thread. One obvious reason being the thousands of Forester owners vs probably less than 100 Outback owners. And those that bought earlier are also not active on this thread for a variety of reasons ....

To gauge the number of owners of Outback, would like to do roll call. I'll start :

Next please [;)]

BenTong/platinum grey maybe with Eyesight/Hopefully April too/

Any dedicated local outback forum to recommend? Seem like not much feedback from current owners here.

Inference, outback buyers are not those car enthusiast sort... Buy for utility and get on with life?

This Outback thread is much quieter than compared to Forester thread. One obvious reason being the thousands of Forester owners vs probably less than 100 Outback owners. And those that bought earlier are also not active on this thread for a variety of reasons ....

Next please [;)]

#2 in Ben Tong?

me #3 Sxrolet / Platinum Grey / DD Jan 2016

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Any dedicated local outback forum to recommend? Seem like not much feedback from current owners here.

Inference, outback buyers are not those car enthusiast sort... Buy for utility and get on with life?

Think more like ex enthusiast. Just want a crossover coz easier to get up n down. can only afford when price drop to this level. coz CO n the other most important person have their own rides.

Think more like ex enthusiast. Just want a crossover coz easier to get up n down. can only afford when price drop to this level. coz CO n the other most important person have their own rides.

I guess my preference have mellowed over the years too.

If it was me 10 yrs ago, it will be 2.0T or nothing. Now 2.5NA I am considering...

but then again I wouldn't be the one driving it most of the time... [:p]

↡ Advertisement