Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Turbocharged

Wa, looks like Platinum Grey is very popular, how about Black or White color, any bro can share any idea? Thanks.

My previous Outback was a blackie. Tot of getting another blackie. Saw a new outback blackie.. Hmm something not so soon to the eyes. White v nice!!
↡ Advertisement

My previous Outback was a blackie. Tot of getting another blackie. Saw a new outback blackie.. Hmm something not so soon to the eyes. White v nice!!

Thanks bro, I also think white is nice, but the one in Leng kee road showroom also looks nice, i think that is twilight blue?

Turbocharged

Thanks bro, I also think white is nice, but the one in Leng kee road showroom also looks nice, i think that is twilight blue?

The one in the showroom? With the bike on TOP? If yes think it's platinum grey

Cabin noise is good imo, its subjective to individual.

#4 Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016.

Happy owner here, :grin:

Installed the rear bumper cover (resin) and its recommended.

• Praise 1

1. Cosmicclaw / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016

2. Ben Tong / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016

3. Sxrolet / Platinum Grey / DD Jan 2016

4. Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016

• Praise 1

Cabin noise is good imo, its subjective to individual.

#4 Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016.

Happy owner here, :grin:

Installed the rear bumper cover (resin) and its recommended.

bro, can share how rear bumper cover look like? price?

i also plan this month go change the solar film to ceramic film, stock film really useless in the sun.

The one in the showroom? With the bike on TOP? If yes think it's platinum grey

Yes, a bike on top of the car, oh, so that color is platinum grey? I saw a little bit like blue... But anyway, I mean that color also look very nice, no wonder so many bros ordered:)

Turbocharged

Yes, a bike on top of the car, oh, so that color is platinum grey? I saw a little bit like blue... But anyway, I mean that color also look very nice, no wonder so many bros ordered:)

radioactive hue from the platinum maybe

I think the test drive ob parked at the carpark access to showroom is dark blue. Might be wrong.

I saw some bluish tint on the Outback in LK too too but perhaps that could be due to the showroom lights. Have been looking at other car makes trying to see if I can find the same colour but my sense of colours not too good [:p] . So many grey-ish cars all alook alike to me. Wonder what colour really looks like once out on road .....

I saw some bluish tint on the Outback in LK too too but perhaps that could be due to the showroom lights. Have been looking at other car makes trying to see if I can find the same colour but my sense of colours not too good [:p] . So many grey-ish cars all alook alike to me. Wonder what colour really looks like once out on road .....

the ob platinum grey actually does has a blueish tint to it, under carpark lights it actually appear blue

the ob platinum grey actually does has a blueish tint to it, under carpark lights it actually appear blue

Neutral Newbie

1. Cosmicclaw / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016

2. Ben Tong / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016

3. Sxrolet / Platinum Grey / DD Jan 2016

4. Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016

5. Jason / Tugstens Metallic/ EDD April 2016

Went down to showroom to see and test drive today. Only 1 SE attending to a family. The rest of group of 4 to 6 SEs sitting behind counter can't even be bother approach me when I am the only one to enter the showroom. I went straight to the displayed OB and had the whole car to myself. Only when I had problem with opening the boot door full due to memory setting than I approached the counter. After I told the group there I am interested in the OB... Everyone looked at each other... Doesn't look interested in being the one to serve. So far the worst showroom experience.

The interior is as what is shown in online review. Simple yet functional. Fit and finish pretty good. Sunroof smallest among the SUVs in the market these days, even smaller than the forester's.

Both front seats electronically adjustable but no memory function. Steering manual tilt and telesvope adjustable. Sound system is Harmon Kardon. Comes with 18inch wheels standard.

Front and rear silver bumper resin mudguard addon is standard. Side sill resin mudguard is optional.

(edited)

Interior sound insulation pretty good. Drive and handling is pretty reminiscent of my BL9 legacy, just higher with abit more roll on turns and quick lane change.

The low speed move off is pretty effortless. The major dislike will have to give it to the CVT. Although is much better than Nissan Xtronic, I still hate high level of engine noise when you step hard on the accelerator yet the car is taking its time to speed up. Mid range acceleration and overtaking is definitely not this 2.5NA cvt's forte.

Edited by Vratenza

Don't bother with S/I mode, did not notice any significant performance improvement.

New in coming FL, the SE can only say no Eyesight. Addition if electrochromic rear view mirror and blind spot detection.

Leather is locally fitted. New FL colours essentially the same except for the darker shade blue having a substitute which is very close in tone.

Spare tire is a 17inch temporary spare.

Don't bother with S/I mode, did not notice any significant performance improvement.

New in coming FL, the SE can only say no Eyesight. Addition if electrochromic rear view mirror and blind spot detection.

Leather is locally fitted. New FL colours essentially the same except for the darker shade blue having a substitute which is very close in tone.

Spare tire is a 17inch temporary spare.

So did you make your decision if getting the OB or some other ride? [:)]

↡ Advertisement