Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Nope, i went back MI for it. Online purchase might not save much and again peace of mind [laugh]

Taobao mostly offer stainless-steel model, less sturdy.

Thought I saw black resin version on taobao?

Its Deep sea blue [bounce2]

I ordered via SE and got it installed upon first servicing. Get from the service staff should do too.

Not much accessories for OB at the moment , far less than Forester...

Clocking near 3k km now, FC still at around 11km/l , if any bro here getting better FC please share tips [thumbsup]

MI TPY upstairs have a parts department. Can get the parts for your subaru directly, they do walk ins.

Used to get parts like touch up paint, engine cover clips, sports grill from the department years ago for my legacy.

↡ Advertisement

Nice deep sea blue color. Does the resin cargo step panel has the word "OUTBACK" on it? Yours is the 2015 model?

No OB printed on the rear bumper guard, it may defeat its functionability and durability if it does.

Yes, 2015 model.

140810d1423347976-what-year-legacy-grill

OB Sports grill. Matter of taste. I am 50/50 on it. the original matt chrome gives a very nice executive feel. 

This sports grill makes it looks abit "faster" but cannot match the 2.5NA engine power.

Turbocharged

Super nice. 1 but 1 comment:

(1) the 2.5 comes with original active grille system. apparently improves FC. Not available in the 3.6. So put this ho kua but...

(2) costs $3k thereabouts. Might as well spend on

(a) PPS

(b) 2ch cam

(3) solar film (99% IRR n UVR)

(4) back resin cover

(5)

(6)

(1) the 2.5 comes with original active grille system. apparently improves FC. Not available in the 3.6. So put this ho kua but...

(a) PPS

(b) 2ch cam

(4) back resin cover

(5)

(6)

I think is a direct swap for the grill. Bumper is the same.

The subaru OB active grill only in the lower air dam area. And this is infront of any functional structure behind the bumper.

Last time legacy sports grill only about $2-300 if I remember correctly. Direct swap.

(a) PPS

(b) 2ch cam

(4) back resin cover

(5)

(6)

Hi 

u mean the stock solar film is 99% IRR and UVR or your own sourced film?

any idea the heat rejection?

feel damn glaring and can feel sun ray heat, luckily is aircon damn strong.

(a) PPS

(b) 2ch cam

(4) back resin cover

(5)

(6)

Hi 

u mean the stock solar film is 99% IRR and UVR or your own sourced film?

any idea the heat rejection?

feel damn glaring and can feel sun ray heat, luckily is aircon damn strong.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Stock solar film ...many bros complain. Know of one solar film..99%IRR (heat) and 99% UV but costs $888. ($788 + $50 (SUV) + $50(removal). Infratint 99% platinum package.

Solar film has 3 components.

(1) Heat Rejection -IRR

(2) UV

(3) how much light filtered

LTA regulates (3). (1) & (2) not regulated.

Glare is light filtering. Not much you can do as this is regulated by LTA. Unless of course you wanna pay fine.

Front windscreen and front side windows. must let in more light than back. Hence u see some cars darker at the back. There are some cars you will see like no put film. Coz they put same light filtering film for both front and back.

Edited by BenTong

I enquired from Groovy Shades SG if they have for Outback. But answer was No [smallcry]

Tried contacting Malaysian distributor and he said in MY, MI have a contract with them and shades for OB available,. Only MI can sell Groovy Shades. Have not checked with MI MY yet. May do so later .....

I enquired from Groovy Shades SG if they have for Outback. But answer was No [smallcry]

Tried contacting Malaysian distributor and he said in MY, MI have a contract with them and shades for OB available,. Only MI can sell Groovy Shades. Have not checked with MI MY yet. May do so later .....

Groovy shade is good. Have it on my current ride. Much better than having dark tint films. The visibility is good even at night. No issues with blind spots. Once you get the hang of attaching and detaching the shades esp the driver side, it is quite effortless.

I suggest getting a light tint with high uv rejection film, then put the groovy shades. Gurantee ur car is nice and cool through the year.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Groovy shade is good. Have it on my current ride. Much better than having dark tint films. The visibility is good even at night. No issues with blind spots. Once you get the hang of attaching and detaching the shades esp the driver side, it is quite effortless.

I suggest getting a light tint with high uv rejection film, then put the groovy shades. Gurantee ur car is nice and cool through the year.

Ok will wait for Cosmiclaw to bring in via group order. And get you to teach us how to install. Kopi Kow Kow on me.. Edited by BenTong

Installation is pretty simple, just 4 3M stickered clips to attach around each window frame.

Can demo how to attach and detach plus detach partially to hinge it so that it opens like a top flap outwards for situation like parking gantry cashcard payment or receipts etc.

Can you share where did you buy from and what was price? Thanks.

Can you share where did you buy from and what was price? Thanks.

Oh... Cannot remember already... 2yrs ago... I remember wanting to get the magnetic shade but not available for my car model. So i searched for a local alternative online. The guy came down to my place to install. Very quick installation

I think is a direct swap for the grill. Bumper is the same.

The subaru OB active grill only in the lower air dam area. And this is infront of any functional structure behind the bumper.

Last time legacy sports grill only about $2-300 if I remember correctly. Direct swap.

During collection, SE told me it cost 500 bucks for direct swap. Looks nice but aggresive look must also supported by enough 'horses' to pull  [laugh]

I prefer kuay kuay look 

Bump up the thread... [:)]

Latest published price (11 March) - $124,800.  

Any lucky one got hold of COE this round?

Lots of Forester buyers have got their COEs and collection dates in early April. Don't hear of any Outback drivers receiving their COEs as probably cars still on the way from Japan.

This coming Wed Second March COE bidding will be my 3rd bid. Hoping for 3rd time lucky [thumbsup]

Lots of Forester buyers have got their COEs and collection dates in early April. Don't hear of any Outback drivers receiving their COEs as probably cars still on the way from Japan.

This coming Wed Second March COE bidding will be my 3rd bid. Hoping for 3rd time lucky [thumbsup]

I booked my FXT on CNY weekend, I also has not get my COE yet.

Was informed my choice of colour shipment will only reach next month.

I booked my FXT on CNY weekend, I also has not get my COE yet.

Was informed my choice of colour shipment will only reach next month.

Wonder how MI allocate cars to orders? I've heard of 8 bid NG gettint same time as 6 bid G. Does SE have a part to play by pushing their orders forward. Perhaps not down to the SE themselves but their Team Head to clock x number of orders for team commision etc???

↡ Advertisement