Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Was at LK showroom this late afternoon and chance upon the trailer truck unloading Outback...the showroom carpark is filled with Outback, a rare sight consider one hardly see one on the road.

Rim is factory fitted.  Leather seats, HU and fog light will be locally installed.  

Showroom car is now 2016 model.  The rear view mirror is now very sophisticated, with auto dimming, and there is also a sensor facing the front, and according to SE, it auto detect the vehicle in front and will adjust the high beam accordingly.  Interesting...  However the sensor took up the space normally use to install the dashcam.  

The wing mirror has blind spot detection (from factory) so it means there is no more the locally fitted turn arrow >>.

All Outback have moved to 4th level to fit the local stuffs so you will not see them anymore.  Collection of Outback will be at LK (instead of TPY), according to one SE.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Was at LK showroom this late afternoon and chance upon the trailer truck unloading Outback...the showroom carpark is filled with Outback, a rare sight consider one hardly see one on the road.

Rim is factory fitted. Leather seats, HU and fog light will be locally installed.

Showroom car is now 2016 model. The rear view mirror is now very sophisticated, with auto dimming, and there is also a sensor facing the front, and according to SE, it auto detect the vehicle in front and will adjust the high beam accordingly. Interesting... However the sensor took up the space normally use to install the dashcam.

The wing mirror has blind spot detection (from factory) so it means there is no more the locally fitted turn arrow >>.

All Outback have moved to 4th level to fit the local stuffs so you will not see them anymore. Collection of Outback will be at LK (instead of TPY), according to one SE.

You went there to pay huh? Me pay up this Thursday.

Some Bros collecting this week..

Any info regarding the OMV? Just checked the onemotoring website. It seems no Outback registered in March 16. Jan and Feb OMV was about 21K based on the 2015 built/stock. With the new additional features, some small increase perhaps? Nevertheless, dep should remain around 11.5K thereabouts.

Turbocharged

Any info regarding the OMV? Just checked the onemotoring website. It seems no Outback registered in March 16. Jan and Feb OMV was about 21K based on the 2015 built/stock. With the new additional features, some small increase perhaps? Nevertheless, dep should remain around 11.5K thereabouts.

$21-$22k me thinks..

Hi , mine collected my 2.5 OB in Jan '16, 9000+km by today , FC around 10.5 to 11km/l. 50 to 60% highway.

not the best for this class of cars but not the worse either

Besides the FC, any other highlights or low lights of your ride thus far?

Somewhere between $22k - $23k now.  [:)]

According to SgCarmart the OMV is $21,459. Quite low for a car of this standing. But it could be because some of the accessories and fittings are done locally to make the pricing more competitive. [;)]

Besides the FC, any other highlights or low lights of your ride thus far?

other highlight:

well the practicality and utility, especially on weekends, my car boot fill up kids tuition bag, tkd gear, swim gear, my laptop, grocery shopping etc

sure footed awd in heavy rain

when i visit friends in johore, good ground clearance on rural roads

lowlight:

well i am not into aesthetics, so even though 18" rims look good but i find not practical for family car, high cost , less comfort and not neccesary for such car when it do not have the power nor the low cg to drive and corner fast. 17" tyres already more than enuf

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Any Bros took up the $2,500 service package? What do you guys think?

Think you can think about it when you reach your 3rd service. Think it's ok to just take the 2 year preventive first. That will give you 3 years. You never know u may be changing cars after 3 years..

Just note that there is a TOP up costs at the third service to preventive maintenance . From natural engine oil to synthetic..

Think you can think about it when you reach your 3rd service. Think it's ok to just take the 2 year preventive first. That will give you 3 years. You never know u may be changing cars after 3 years..

Just note that there is a TOP up costs at the third service to preventive maintenance . From natural engine oil to synthetic..

Thanks Bro for your opinion.

BTW, I don't normally change car after 3 years, my last 2 new cars lasted me 9.5 yrs average and I would always try to service at AD (of course with a slight premium).  

So this option looks ok for me, only issue is that I have no experience in servicing with Motor Image.   

Turbocharged

Thanks Bro for your opinion.

BTW, I don't normally change car after 3 years, my last 2 new cars lasted me 9.5 yrs average and I would always try to service at AD (of course with a slight premium).

So this option looks ok for me, only issue is that I have no experience in servicing with Motor Image.

Bro, think Car comes with 5 year warranty. One of the conditions is that is gotta be maintained at MI, if not void. So not much of a choice within the first 5 years.

This is my 4th Subaru and the only beef I have is that the service counter are salesmen. Keep on selling things like engine flush, corrosion protection.. You name it.. When u receive bill .. Ha?!! How come have this?

After warranty I get my maintenance fix outside.

• Praise 1

Ok Bros, am going today TP to pay balance. So what you want me to get? Quick quick..

Bro, please see if you can get an accessories list for both OB and Forester. Thank you.  [laugh]

I think the whole idea of taking up the $2500, 5year/100,000km service package is to decide and take up early, build into the car price so it will become part of the loan/installment.  Otherwise it will be heart pain if you need to cough up the $2500 upfront later in cash.  Likewise for any accessories.  

Just my 2 cents.