Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Coming from a OB owner.. you will regret not getting the OB 2.0DIT.. but then not to late to change.. can indent from China. -and the following things the stock OB don't have damn/complaints.. damn sianz..

(1) PPS

(2) Laser shades

(3) 3M crystalline Solar film

(4) Audison/German whatever

(6) BBK

(7) no black grille

(8) ECU .. damn got to reflash

(9) rear anti sway bar a bit short

(10) the rest better ask Chris Muser

(11) Wheels

(12) Brakes

(13) Intake

(14) Exhaust

(15) Lightweight pulleys

(16) Soundproofing

(17) ... the list never ends, lol. Which is part of the fun  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

My experience was almost the opposite. I was given clear criteria by my wife: get the most rear passenger space. Seemed simple enough for me, since the Legacy's got the most. Brought my wife to showroom and she started asking me why never buy OB. I didn't want the extra weight or size, but I simply told her it has less rear room than Legacy and is more ex. She looked at my sceptically but diam diam. Then she pointed at FXT and Levorg and asked me why not those. I told her lagi less interior space, and lagi ex. Again looked at me sceptically. End up, I got to choose the car, but didn't get to choose the colour [rolleyes]

And till this day, I sometimes question my sanity at turning down FXT [hur][bounce1]:a-m1524::a-bang:

But then I take a corner and start smiling again.

Anyway, just enjoy your OB lah. Beautiful, spacious, 8-speaker HK sound system, and doesn't demand more than RON 95. And you still have more official and aftermarket accessories to choose from than Legacy owners.

I straight away direct My Wife to the forester. Luckily we both like taller Car a like suv coz we both enjoy a More commanding view.

The OB is indeed tempting and desirable but haizzz...thinking of the tight mall Car parks and skinny hdb open air Car parks, and lastly all the weight it has to pull with that 2.5 n.a. engine... I figured out it will likely end up more thirsty than the fxt. Also my right leg also more tiring.. hehe.

If i have to hiam the fxt, I think I would prefer it to have even more rear legroom. It's very useful if I have rear facing child seats and the front passenger and driver likes to push their seats far behind. Cornering wise, it's quite capable though can't compare to sedans like legacy, accord, bmws and audis. But if I time how I enter a corner, I can still corner pretty fast with body rolls kept in check. I've tried hard corners and body rolls can be felt for sure but the surprising thing is the Car can still maintain absolute traction and u feel like its impossible to topple the car over. :)

• Praise 1

If i have to hiam the fxt, I think I would prefer it to have even more rear legroom. It's very useful if I have rear facing child seats and the front passenger and driver likes to push their seats far behind. Cornering wise, it's quite capable though can't compare to sedans like legacy, accord, bmws and audis. But if I time how I enter a corner, I can still corner pretty fast with body rolls kept in check. I've tried hard corners and body rolls can be felt for sure but the surprising thing is the Car can still maintain absolute traction and u feel like its impossible to topple the car over. :)

In other words, you'd prefer your FXT to be as big as the OB lah, lol  [laugh]  As Ben said, what we need is the Outback BS9 trim they sell in China, which comes with the FXT's FA20 2.0DIT engine, hahah.

Yar, rear room is super useful when you have childseats, like I do too. Lagi more when they are still rear-facing like yours. But we can't have everything, and at least you have enough power to effortlessly move your car regardless of how many passengers you're carrying, or how much luggage you're loaded with, which is always a cool thing.

I have learned to follow the wishes of my CO. She wants a QQ herself I say ok. She say get the OB I say ok.. she kept quiet about the rex and I also say ok

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

In other words, you'd prefer your FXT to be as big as the OB lah, lol [laugh] As Ben said, what we need is the Outback BS9 trim they sell in China, which comes with the FXT's FA20 2.0DIT engine, hahah.

Yar, rear room is super useful when you have childseats, like I do too. Lagi more when they are still rear-facing like yours. But we can't have everything, and at least you have enough power to effortlessly move your car regardless of how many passengers you're carrying, or how much luggage you're loaded with, which is always a cool thing.

As much as I like the ob. I doubt I would buy one in sg even if it comes with the fxt engine. I find it a bit too big for our tiny Car parks. Might end up becoming a dent and scratch collector...

End of the day, I probably Would have still chosen the fxt nonetheless. It's easy to manuvure in tight Car parks and easy to parallel park as not too long too. Heng the rear legroom just nice for my 2 rear facing car seats and me and wife and have enough room in front.another trick is my car seats can rotate 360 so helper can easily go in and sit in middle at the back. I actually very proud of my car seats. Hehe.

Edited by mrhan1982

I have learned to follow the wishes of my CO. She wants a QQ herself I say ok. She say get the OB I say ok.. she kept quiet about the rex and I also say okððð

And btw CO recently say ACO gonna take her driving license.. she can have the QQ after pass.. then CO say Macan very nice.. I kept quiet..and hide

If my CO kept quiet about a rex, I'd go along with everything else too!

Tell her Porsche no good lah, so fast, so stable, brakes so damn good, no challenge until can fall asleep, lol.

As much as I like the ob. I doubt I would buy one in sg even if it comes with the fxt engine. I find it a bit too big for our tiny Car parks. Might end up becoming a dent and scratch collector...

another trick is my car seats can rotate 360 so helper can easily go in and sit in middle at the back. I actually very proud of my car seats. Hehe.

Yes, I confess that I find my Legacy quite hard to park in older carparks. So an OB would probably stress me out.

Your baby seats sounds super duper high tech! Steady lah, bro.

Edited by Muser

1. Sxrolet / Platinum Grey / DD Jan 2016

2. Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016
3. Cosmicclaw / Platinum Grey / DD April 2016
4. Ben Tong / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016
5. Jason / Tungsten / EDD / EDD Apr 2016
6. emmerich / Ice Silver / EDD Apr 2016
7. znais / Platinum Grey / EDD TBA
8. Linux8998 / Dark Sea Blue / EDD Apr 2016
9. Thunderchief / Dark Sea Blue / EDD Apr 2016

10. Chinweyngee/ Pearl White/ EDD Apr 2016

11. junda07/Dark Grey Metallic/EDD Late Sept 2016

12. Simon / White / EDD Jan 2017

Hiya everyone, am very honoured to join this very exquisite community of SGP Outback owners! Just booked my Outback yesterday :)  

Are there any FB or Whatsapp groups too? If yes please let me know how I could join as well. TQ!!

12. Simon / White / EDD Jan 2017

Hiya everyone, am very honoured to join this very exquisite community of SGP Outback owners! Just booked my Outback yesterday :)  

Are there any FB or Whatsapp groups too? If yes please let me know how I could join as well. TQ!!

Hi Simon, congrats on booking your new ride! I'm sure you'll love it.

Here's our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/slogs

And I've PM-ed you about joining our Legacy BN9 + Outback BS9 WhatsApp group.

hi, 

any bro here encounter the 2016 OB with climate control switching off at 28 degree celcius? anybody know how to overwrite the auto off sensor? it switches off every night when i drive. 

thanks in advance! 

hi,

any bro here encounter the 2016 OB with climate control switching off at 28 degree celcius? anybody know how to overwrite the auto off sensor? it switches off every night when i drive.

thanks in advance!

Set to 22.. don't set full auto. Set auto will do Edited by BenTong

hi,

thanks in advance!

Before the aircon is switched on, press the internal circulation button first, then turn the fan speed knob

Set to 22.. don't set full auto. Set auto will do

Hi BenTong,

Thank you for your assistance. I tried the 22 degree thing yesterday night, it does not seems to work. The auto climate thing was switch off again at 28 degrees.

Before the aircon is switched on, press the internal circulation button first, then turn the fan speed knob

Hi Chucky,

Will try tonight. Update again. Thanks

hi,

thanks in advance!

hi,

thanks in advance!

At 28, i tnk cc is disable. I dont tnk our OB has heating system so cc cant handle 28

Hi BenTong,

Thank you for your assistance. I tried the 22 degree thing yesterday night, it does not seems to work. The auto climate thing was switch off again at 28 degrees.

Hi Chucky,

Will try tonight. Update again. Thanks

hi chucky, 

by presssing the internal circulation button first before putting on the fan, it seems to work.  will monitor again. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi, booked my outback on Sunday during Motor show and just been informed COE bid is successful and excited to join the Outback family soon. I am looking for wheel security lock and other accessories. Any recommendation where to get these.

• Praise 1