Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Hi. Want to find out if anyone managed to retrofit memory seat. OB checked most of my boxes and as we have multiple drivers in the house so this is a requirement to us. Tq.

↡ Advertisement

Hi. Want to find out if anyone managed to retrofit memory seat. OB checked most of my boxes and as we have multiple drivers in the house so this is a requirement to us. Tq.

Might not be cost effective? You probably have to change the whole seat and there will be extensive wiring... depending on where the buttons for the memory function are (usually on the door)...

Might not be cost effective? You probably have to change the whole seat and there will be extensive wiring... depending on where the buttons for the memory function are (usually on the door)...

Yup. Possibly even 5 digits, according to some estimates. So, definitely not worth it, unfortunately.

m.aliexpress.com/item/32548115576.html?productId=32548115576&productSubject=Custom-fit-car-trunk-mat-for-Subaru-Forester-Outback-Tribeca-XV-3D-car-styling-heavy-duty&spm=2114.40010208.4.6.qdFbIa&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

This looks chio

Quick question. Do your OB have drive off lock? If not is there anywhere to install?

Don't have. Apparently not a standard feature offered by Subaru. But you may want to rethink. Had it in my previous conti ride.. When I reached yr 6.. Start to kaput.. Door by door.. Sianz n expensive.. N it's a common problem apparently..

Think can do aftermarket if you really want.. But as cheap as a fruit tart COE

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

Don't have. Apparently not a standard feature offered by Subaru. But you may want to rethink. Had it in my previous conti ride.. When I reached yr 6.. Start to kaput.. Door by door.. Sianz n expensive.. N it's a common problem apparently..

Think can do aftermarket if you really want.. But as cheap as a fruit tart COE

Aftermarket mod is an OBD2 dongle that's widely available on Rakuten, TB, etc.
  • Praise 1

Dear bros, I read through the thread and noticed that some bros mentioned about the SRVD disabled issue as well as the reverse gear issue. Any outback owner could share the experience? Will the issue cause a lot of trouble or could be solved in one time upgrade? can I have a peace of mind if I would like to be an outback owner, thanks in advance. 

1. Sxrolet / Platinum Grey / DD Jan 2016

2. Vyeron / Deep Blue Sea / DD Jan 2016
3. Cosmicclaw / Platinum Grey / DD April 2016
4. Ben Tong / Platinum Grey / EDD April 2016
5. Jason / Tungsten / EDD / EDD Apr 2016
6. emmerich / Ice Silver / EDD Apr 2016
7. znais / Platinum Grey / EDD TBA
8. Linux8998 / Dark Sea Blue / EDD Apr 2016
9. Thunderchief / Dark Sea Blue / EDD Apr 2016
10. Chinweyngee/ Pearl White/ EDD Apr 2016

Finally hit 10 owners on this thread  [thumbsup]

11.junda07/Dark Grey Metallic/EDD Late Sept 2016

Given that it's so difficult to spot an Outback on the road, I saw 2 today! A dark sea blue one at a car park at serangoon and a pearl white also at a car park but at Telok Blangah. Wonder if it's anyone here.

Anyone tried fixing a saris bone bike rack or similar onto the boot of their outback? Will the electronic tailgate still open automatically with the rack on (w/o bikes of course)?

i know a fellow Alfa 159 owner gave up his ride for the Outback. So i think Outback should be good lah. Pricing wise, very attractive as well. 

Which fella?lol...

:yeah-im-not-drunk:

Dear bros, I read through the thread and noticed that some bros mentioned about the SRVD disabled issue as well as the reverse gear issue. Any outback owner could share the experience? Will the issue cause a lot of trouble or could be solved in one time upgrade? can I have a peace of mind if I would like to be an outback owner, thanks in advance. 

I noticed when ever activated cruise control, SRVD sometimes will disable.  But after restart engine, thing back to normal.

Hi Bros/Sis,

New to Subaru here. Got my OB end of 2015, so its not the latest face lifted one.

What I love about it:

Space.

Road presence

Good FC for a AWD 10-11km/L

My nitpicks:

Soft metal, getting shark fins- so installed side body moldings

Good sound insulation- made it even better after installing sound mats to 4 doors.

Harmon Kardon? Basically cheap OEM paper cone speakers. so transferred my previous ICE over [:)]

A lot of plastic glare to the eye from the sun on the gear shift area- so covered with carbon fibre sticker.

I dearly miss memory seats!!! 

Initially was going for FXT and the mind was so set for it.

OB was 3K more, more luxurious and looks grow on you. Although tax is higher, it will be offset by the FC. Hence.....OB. Hope to learn more from you guys.!

Good sound insulation- made it even better after installing sound mats to 4 doors.

Harmon Kardon? Basically cheap OEM paper cone speakers. so transferred my previous ICE over [:)]

What soundproofing mats did you use? What's the weight gain?

You completely replaced the ICE, including the DSP amp? Because the stock speakers are a weird size and finding direct replacements is tough.

Edited by Muser

What soundproofing mats did you use? What's the weight gain?

You completely replaced the ICE, including the DSP amp? Because the stock speakers are a weird size and finding direct replacements is tough.

Using STP sound mat from Autotrend. Material is so much lighter than in the past, I can't tell how much it weighed though.

German maestro 2 x tweeter, 2 x component, 2 x co axial, 4ch amp, Class D mono amp, Alpine processor. The car installer will customize fitting blocks for your speakers to be mounted.

Very happy ears now...

• Praise 1

Using STP sound mat from Autotrend. Material is so much lighter than in the past, I can't tell how much it weighed though.

German maestro 2 x tweeter, 2 x component, 2 x co axial, 4ch amp, Class D mono amp, Alpine processor. The car installer will customize fitting blocks for your speakers to be mounted.

Very happy ears now...

Cool, thanks for the breakdown.

Very curious which STP grade you used though. STP Dr. Artex Lite is light but not supposed to be all that effective, relatively speaking. Whereas STP Dr. Artex Gold is supposed to be very effective, but is definitely heavy. And since you find the mats effective, I wonder what grade did the trick.

So you replaced everything except the HU then. That gave you more room to play around without being limited by the stock HK Green DSP amp.

Glad you're happy with it! On specs alone, it already sounds like a killer system.

So, what's next on your list for the car?

↡ Advertisement