Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

Go to Settings, Bluetooth, tap the "I" icon next to "Car Multimedia", and make sure "Show Notifications" is on.

Hi Muser, I can't find the "I" icon nor the "car multimedia" settings or page in my HU. Now I am wondering if mine is different from yours. You are driving a legacy? I should take a picture to illustrate this in my next post.

Hi Muser, I can't find the "I" icon nor the "car multimedia" settings or page in my HU. Now I am wondering if mine is different from yours. You are driving a legacy? I should take a picture to illustrate this in my next post.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I was referring to the settings on your iPhone. Does that help?

Go to Settings, Bluetooth, tap the "I" icon next to "Car Multimedia", and make sure "Show Notifications" is on.

Ok I understand now that you meant the settings on my phone and not the HU. I did that and managed to see the "inbox" but nothing shows up. What does MAP MAS-i stand for?

post-178512-0-19888100-1475744124_thumb.jpg

Ok I understand now that you meant the settings on my phone and not the HU. I did that and managed to see the "inbox" but nothing shows up. What does MAP MAS-i stand for?

If you've enabled "Show Notifications" in your iPhone's Bluetooth settings, then just wait for a message to come in and it should pop up on your HU. But I don't think it will show in your HU's Inbox. Lemme check my car tomorrow.

I noticed when ever activated cruise control, SRVD sometimes will disable.  But after restart engine, thing back to normal.

Thanks, bro. May i know does this issue happen repeatedly or only once? 

Any other brothers encountered similar issue like this? Will the software upgrade solve the problem? Thanks. 

Any other brothers encountered similar issue like this? Will the software upgrade solve the problem? Thanks. 

I have encountered it couple of times - once from cold start and others when driving. Re-start the engine clears it.

Recently went for servicing and MI checked - and they say it is working fine; no software update done...

Am on 13k km mark so far, my best is at 11.6km/l and worse at 10.3km/l. Consuming less than my previous sub 2L sedan. 

I mainly on SPC RON 95.

Mine is also around 11+km/l for the last 4 petrol top ups; on "I" mode, Esso 95. Maybe I'm a light-footed bah, always see other cars (big and small) picked up faster than me and zoomed away.

I'm on "S" mode now and see how the fuel consumption is like. 

Using STP sound mat from Autotrend. Material is so much lighter than in the past, I can't tell how much it weighed though.

German maestro 2 x tweeter, 2 x component, 2 x co axial, 4ch amp, Class D mono amp, Alpine processor. The car installer will customize fitting blocks for your speakers to be mounted.

Very happy ears now...

Yeah, I wanted to do sound-proofing and also change the speakers. But need to justify and account to the C-level at home...

Out of curiosity, where can I do the sound-proofing? Does it void any of MI warranty?

I have encountered it couple of times - once from cold start and others when driving. Re-start the engine clears it.

Recently went for servicing and MI checked - and they say it is working fine; no software update done...

Thanks bro, do you mean you also encountered the problem only when you tried to active cruise control? Or even during cold start? Knowing it repeatedly happening but MI cannot get it solve is very irritating. Any idea how to solve the problem? Thanks. 

Mine is also around 11+km/l for the last 4 petrol top ups; on "I" mode, Esso 95. Maybe I'm a light-footed bah, always see other cars (big and small) picked up faster than me and zoomed away.

Yeah, I wanted to do sound-proofing and also change the speakers. But need to justify and account to the C-level at home...

Out of curiosity, where can I do the sound-proofing? Does it void any of MI warranty?

Can do at MI(can use DUO points to offset) or do outside..

HK speakers - paper cone type..can also change

If do better do all at once..the sound proof n speakers change.. then u need to change other part like amps..

No warranty issue.. more $$$$ issue could set you back by $7-$10k all in.

It happened at random - no particular situation or timing that I can recall.

I do not use cruise control, so, have no experience with it...

When it came up, I re-start the engine when possible.

Thanks bro, do you mean you also encountered the problem only when you tried to active cruise control? Or even during cold start? Knowing it repeatedly happening but MI cannot get it solve is very irritating. Any idea how to solve the problem? Thanks. 

Yeah... My C-level do not appreciate that kind of "investment "...  

Can do at MI(can use DUO points to offset) or do outside..

HK speakers - paper cone type..can also change

If do better do all at once..the sound proof n speakers change.. then u need to change other part like amps..

No warranty issue.. more $$$$ issue could set you back by $7-$10k all in.

You can try autotrend at Toa Payoh.

1002 Lorong 8 Toa Payoh #01-1439/1441 S(319074) 

good service, look for Darren. Cheers.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I was referring to the settings on your iPhone. Does that help?

For ip, HU displays only the new msg set up done but for android phone, HU can show the msg history. Hopefully is right

This issue did not happen again even i activated cc more than 5x

Sharing of NSHW morning drive on 23-Oct;

>mileage 4000km. 1D &1P. Petrol grade 95

>180km/h @ 3800rpm on flat road @ 6th gear in I-mode. Not sure S mode got difference? Engine showed no fatigue. Cubic centimeter still important.

>FC @ 12l/km (no sure issi thirsty?)

>Below 100km/h can give u below 8L/km

>Ruud till 5000rpm, vibration is minimum & engine roar is nice. First time drive boxer/AWD, not sure issi normal. Previous ride is Y2006/ 320i.

>Ride is stable & solid feel @ this ht. Steering feel is good. Comfortable & no fatigue (reached kl).

>Road presence is obvious. While travelling @ 120-160km/h along 1st lane, mostly all cars give way automatically.

>On return trip, was followed by passat 2.0TSi (sin car) @160-180km/h. But when giving way, no overtaking happened. This showed OB still commanded some respect.

• Praise 4

After months of waiting for the COE to fall, and contemplating between 5 & 7 seater SUV...

I decided on a white Forester XT in Black edition....my wife was left out of the search party..

Drove to LK yesterday with wife during lunch time.. got my SE to arrange for test drive on the XT.

XT was ready for the test drive.

My wife pointed at the white OB in the showroom and said "this model looks bigger, more luxurious inside and out".

"Let's go for a test drive in this one"

The rest is history......

In short, we did not get to test drive the XT.

My only executive rights/power in this selection process was to choose colour

• Praise 3

After months of waiting for the COE to fall, and contemplating between 5 & 7 seater SUV...

I decided on a white Forester XT in Black edition....my wife was left out of the search party..

Drove to LK yesterday with wife during lunch time.. got my SE to arrange for test drive on the XT.

XT was ready for the test drive.

My wife pointed at the white OB in the showroom and said "this model looks bigger, more luxurious inside and out".

That's most unfortunate....

I was lucky as i managed to steer my wife's attention away from the ob that time when I wanted to test drive the fxt. I myself was actually very tempted by the outlook and interior of the ob. But thinking of the tight car parks in sg and the lack of a good dose of low end torque from the 2.5L engine (especially when the car is fully loaded), I went ahead with the fxt purchase. My Wife only got to choose the exterior and interior colours.

Heng ah...

If only the oh also came with the fxt engine then the choice would have been easier. Ob sure become their main selling model.

Edited by mrhan1982
  • Praise 1

My experience was almost the opposite. I was given clear criteria by my wife: get the most rear passenger space. Seemed simple enough for me, since the Legacy's got the most. Brought my wife to showroom and she started asking me why never buy OB. I didn't want the extra weight or size, but I simply told her it has less rear room than Legacy and is more ex. She looked at my sceptically but diam diam. Then she pointed at FXT and Levorg and asked me why not those. I told her lagi less interior space, and lagi ex. Again looked at me sceptically. End up, I got to choose the car, but didn't get to choose the colour  [rolleyes]

And till this day, I sometimes question my sanity at turning down FXT  [hur]  [bounce1]  :a-m1524:  :a-bang:

But then I take a corner and start smiling again.

Anyway, just enjoy your OB lah. Beautiful, spacious, 8-speaker HK sound system, and doesn't demand more than RON 95. And you still have more official and aftermarket accessories to choose from than Legacy owners.

• Praise 1

Coming from a OB owner.. you will regret not getting the OB 2.0DIT.. but then not to late to change.. can indent from China. -and the following things the stock OB don't have damn/complaints.. damn sianz..

(1) PPS

(2) Laser shades

(3) 3M crystalline Solar film

(4) Audison/German whatever

(6) BBK

(7) no black grille

(8) ECU .. damn got to reflash

(9) rear anti sway bar a bit short

(10) the rest better ask Chris Muser

Edited by BenTong
↡ Advertisement