Subaru Outback ...any comments

Lycanthrope

So withdraw sale till someone start "selling" jailbreak for emission.....das auto... :D

Please la.. all cars manufacturer waiting for emission siam software update from somebody from Europe la..

↡ Advertisement

So withdraw sale till someone start "selling" jailbreak for emission.....das auto... :D

Actually me thinks the car companies nego with LTA.. prob boycott sg market..NB how to meet.. kena tax like seow...only bring small car...

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

Actually me thinks the car companies nego with LTA.. prob boycott sg market..NB how to meet.. kena tax like seow...only bring small car...

We are so used to daylight robbery now.

Just to share this service ceramic coating. Just did the 9H coat with my 1yr old white outback (well almost 1 yr) and the finishing is perfect, the car is literally brand new again. With showroom glossy finished. I was actually considering to do the matt finishing coating but after seeing the 9H effect on the model in his workshop I was convinced to give it a try. Primary purpose was to protect paintwork from inconsiderate birds and inconsiderate trees. My car's finishing photos are posted in his Facebook page, search for "5D Solutions Pte Ltd". Cheers.

Thanks buddy. I decided to leave it alone until the screen cracks .... eventually.... kekekeke

Any Outbackers thinking of the Viviz? .... heard it's coming out in 2018 but I think it will be first launched in the states. So when it comes to SG it'll probably be 2020+.

Actually I'm more keen if they have the feature to angle down the side mirrors when parking, I find it a challenge to park esp. at the corner lots where the curbs can't be seen while in the car.

Am considering "5D Solutions Pte Ltd" too for 2-month old outback. Which option did u go for?

Am considering "5D Solutions Pte Ltd" too for 2-month old outback. Which option did u go for?

I think EA Detailers offers a special deal for Subaru owners. Check under the DUO rewards on Subarus website. I recall reading about it.

Any recommendations for places to change the car horn for the outback?  does it void the warranty?

it will void the warranty of the stock horn..horns are available almost all accessories workshop.. if not can always try autobacs

• Praise 1

Basket ball, why we always deprived of good car.  :(

For Outback owners who have changed their tires, if I want to stay with the original 226/60R18 ,  what are some tires that you have tried or recommend? Thanks.

• Praise 1

owning an Outback since July last year, and experiencing "blind spot detection" fault several times.

It was all normal when I started engine, a warning message suddenly popup while driving,  saying the feature is disabled and asks to check the user manual. the message keeps there until I restart.

anybody encountered the same issue, any fixes?

If only Subaru Outback comes in 7 seater configuration , it will be great. I can image it will look very sporty and fierce

I think the low roofline is not suitable for 3rd row seating.

owning an Outback since July last year, and experiencing "blind spot detection" fault several times.

It was all normal when I started engine, a warning message suddenly popup while driving,  saying the feature is disabled and asks to check the user manual. the message keeps there until I restart.

This is a "standard" feature of the OB....at least for me.  :)

Feedback to service center once but so far no fix yet.  If you manage to get the service centre to fix, please share.

Thanks.

Motorimage service has always been lousy... their sales strategy seems to be fire and forget... I didn't have a particularly good experience with my previous Impreza either... everything also don't know... sigh...

• Praise 1

Yes, same thing happened a couple of times when driving in the KPE tunnel next to the sidewall. I suspect it happens when you drive alongside a wall for an extended period. It's possibly a default as the system cant discern between a wall and a car, and if the sensor detects an object (in this case a wall) for an extended duration, it goes into default mode requesting you to check the system in case it's faulty. Once I restart the car, everything is fine and back to normal.  It's just my own deduction and I could be wrong, but I haven't bothered to raise it with MI.  Take note as to whether it tends to happen when you're driving in a tunnel next to the wall. or very close to a rail for an extended period.

"The BSD/RCTA approach indicator light may illuminate when driving close to solid objects on the road or road side (such as guardrails, tunnels and sidewalls" ( from owners manual).

Yes, same thing happened a couple of times when driving in the KPE tunnel next to the sidewall. I suspect it happens when you drive alongside a wall for an extended period. It's possibly a default as the system cant discern between a wall and a car, and if the sensor detects an object (in this case a wall) for an extended duration, it goes into default mode requesting you to check the system in case it's faulty. Once I restart the car, everything is fine and back to normal. It's just my own deduction and I could be wrong, but I haven't bothered to raise it with MI. Take note as to whether it tends to happen when you're driving in a tunnel next to the wall. or very close to a rail for an extended period.

"The BSD/RCTA approach indicator light may illuminate when driving close to solid objects on the road or road side (such as guardrails, tunnels and sidewalls" ( from owners manual).

Thanks for replying.

Your message reminds me, yes I encountered the issue on KPE most of the times. Feel like that's the root cause.

Then it's not a real "fault". Our fix will be restarting the engine :)

Cheers

• Praise 1

Thanks for replying.

Your message reminds me, yes I encountered the issue on KPE most of the times. Feel like that's the root cause.

Then it's not a real "fault". Our fix will be restarting the engine :)

Cheers

No worries.  If my assumption is right, then I actually see it as a plus. In this case, the system detecting that something is out of the ordinary and alerting you to it.

Cheers! 

I love Subarus : [drivingcar] 

↡ Advertisement