Procedure to Scrap Car?

Mona-vie

Hi guys! I have decided to scrap my car but I have no idea what I have to do and what is needed.

Does the car have to be in working condition when I scrap it? Need audio equipment? ECU?

Cause I am using a Vipec ECU and its very new. So I am thinking of removing the ECU when I scrap the car. The battey is bought last yr June as well, thinking of removing it.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

How old is your car ?

I managed to sell my closed to 10yr car to a dealer at close to 1K above parf value. If you car is still in working condition, you can try using QUOTZ service to find a used a dealer who will take in your car.

QUOTZ - www.quotz.com.sg

Very easy...just need to settle your loan (if any), get the log-card, go to LTA for a form....and bring your car to a scrap yard. ECU will have to be in the car....otherwise how to drive the car there? HU can be removed....but what for...unless it is a very expensive one.

Very easy...just need to settle your loan (if any), get the log-card, go to LTA for a form....and bring your car to a scrap yard. ECU will have to be in the car....otherwise how to drive the car there? HU can be removed....but what for...unless it is a very expensive one.

How about get towing service to tow car to scrap yard?

Btw, my car is coming to 20yrs already. No parf. Perhaps some scrap metal value and COE (left 1 1/2yrs).

How about get towing service to tow car to scrap yard?

Btw, my car is coming to 20yrs already. No parf. Perhaps some scrap metal value and COE (left 1 1/2yrs).

what can be removed and cannot be removed?

All can be removed. You jus need the chassis and engine....if u can find a way to bring the car to scrapyard, dun need rims & tyres also.

engine cannot remove? :(

i thought when u scrap, they remove engine for u? only chassis scrapped

Edited by Mllcg

engine cannot remove? :(

i thought when u scrap, they remove engine for u? only chassis scrapped

Maybe they remove the engine and keep it to sell, so extra profit for them? Otherwise how do we get spare parts from scrap dealers like Propel?

Maybe they remove the engine and keep it to sell, so extra profit for them? Otherwise how do we get spare parts from scrap dealers like Propel?

actually, i doubt the car is even scrapped to begin with.

more like "stripped" down to its basic elements.

in the end, only the frame is scrapped. door and all is removed for spare part.

not like other countries where whole car goes in.

How old is your car ?

I managed to sell my closed to 10yr car to a dealer at close to 1K above parf value. If you car is still in working condition, you can try using QUOTZ service to find a used a dealer who will take in your car.

QUOTZ - www.quotz.com.sg

mind sharing what car u sold?

How old is your car ?

QUOTZ - www.quotz.com.sg

How long to they take to reply?

I submitted on sat.. but figured out will reply on monday since it's a non-working day. but until now no reply [bigcry] (assuming 9-5 job)

How long to they take to reply?

I submitted on sat.. but figured out will reply on monday since it's a non-working day. but until now no reply [bigcry] (assuming 9-5 job)

any news?

r u a dealer? or do u know any scrap car dealer?

need quote for my soon to scrap car

sori me not dealer.

just that saw someone from the same wkshop scraped his car this way. doors still at wkshop.

y not jus get those car dealer to quote? they can do also mah.

pm me number plate, ic no.etc

i can help to ask my friend

nope. they still haven't contacted me yet. [:(]

waiting to know a rough estimate before can change car [:p]

why wanna change now? sell high buy oso expensive...

↡ Advertisement